[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All things Combine, 2023

darin3

I guess its nearly a foregone conclusion that he won't return to the Packers. Otherwise it is odd how the media reports on Rodgers deciding where he will play, if he decides to play again in 2024. He's got a contract with the Packers, he'll play there unless they decide to cut or trade him. Maybe he has a no trade clause, so he'll have to approve that.  But if he says "I'm going to continue to play", the Packers can say "ok we'll see you in training camp". He could then decide to retire, maybe haver 10 hours in a hole somewhere. 

55 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I guess its nearly a foregone conclusion that he won't return to the Packers. Otherwise it is odd how the media reports on Rodgers deciding where he will play, if he decides to play again in 2024. He's got a contract with the Packers, he'll play there unless they decide to cut or trade him. Maybe he has a no trade clause, so he'll have to approve that.  But if he says "I'm going to continue to play", the Packers can say "ok we'll see you in training camp". He could then decide to retire, maybe haver 10 hours in a hole somewhere. 

2024 is a long ways away; lets talk 2023 first ;)

Cutting him brings a nearly $100M cap hit - won't happen.

So it is retain (with a restructured contract), trade or retire (would give up guaranteed money).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Maybe my brain is fried but how is this Combine related?  Not trying to be a smartass just wondering.

9 minutes ago, Big John said:

2024 is a long ways away; lets talk 2023 first ;)

Cutting him brings a nearly $100M cap hit - won't happen.

So it is retain (with a restructured contract), trade or retire (would give up guaranteed money).

Sorry man, I was time traveling but I'm back in 2023 now. 

My point stands, Rodgers isn't deciding where he plays, he only gets to decide if he will play again this coming season. Then the Packers will decide how they handle that. 

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

Arrest warrant for the incident after the National Championship where two people died in their car. Potentially a drag racing thing, but he was involved and lied to the po po about it.

Dangit, and I have been hoping he's the Bears' pick.  Hope it gets resolved and he's absolved, but that doesn't seem certain I guess.

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Dangit, and I have been hoping he's the Bears' pick.  Hope it gets resolved and he's absolved, but that doesn't seem certain I guess.

He certainly thinks he'll be exonerated, but then few people charged with crimes seem willing to accept they may be guilty. Either way the charges are misdemeanors, not sure the league does much too him. It could ding his score with those looking to draft him. But talent often outweighs any character issues. 

I understand being young and clueles, I was that way many years ago. But if you're going to do insane stuff like this on a public road, take it to an area without traffic, a rural road, some abandoned industrial park. Or better yet, take it to the track.