[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Capital police chief interview about Jan 6

6kings

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I'm absolutely no fan of Trump,  but this is just completely disingenuous.

Is it really?  So he didn't say the things as covered in this article, including the phrase below? 

— “We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-us-capitol-remarks-221518bc174f9bc3dd6e108e653ed08d 

32 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Is it really?  So he didn't say the things as covered in this article, including the phrase below? 

— “We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-us-capitol-remarks-221518bc174f9bc3dd6e108e653ed08d 

The same words are used by pretty much every single politician, including Biden. To say that saying "we need to fight" in any way is a call to commit violence is just stupid

C'mon..dude....

"Pretty much every single politician" isn't using inflammatory language based on false pretenses to overturn a democratic election.  

You may not be a fan of Trump, but you certainly spend effort trying to irrationally normalize what isn't normal.  

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

The same words are used by pretty much every single politician, including Biden. To say that saying "we need to fight" in any way is a call to commit violence is just stupid

Well when those he talked to actually committed violence, it isn't that big of a stretch. 

But I know, you're not a Trump fan, just like to bash Biden and defend Trump. You are so impartial and independent. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Well when those he talked to actually committed violence, it isn't that big of a stretch. 

But I know, you're not a Trump fan, just like to bash Biden and defend Trump. You are so impartial and independent. 

No,  I'm just not someone who will buy any ridiculous narrative and I'll point out your obvious hypocrisy when I see it. When you see me being a hypocrite, feel free to reciprocate. On MANY more than one occasion I've called out people on the "right" for their ridiculous take. How many times have you called out anyone on the left? I can say with utmost confidence,  the answer is never. So instead pointing your stinky ass-finger at me, maybe you should try a little self-reflection for a change. I may not be unbiased (which I never claimed to be) but at least I have the balls to own up to my conservative leanings and the recognition and self-awareness to admit that it sometimes skews my perspective.

• Haha 1

Back to the National Guard.  I've never seen any reputable source put the sole blame of slow NG activation on Nancy Pelosi and Schrumer.  But that doesn't surprise me that's the narrative Tucker is selling publicly. Isn't DC NG activation a prescriptive process ultimately authorized by the POTUS himself?

Why would Pelosi and Schumer be worried about 'bad optics?'   The worse optics were for Trump, his MAGAT followers. and probably the police chief in the video...

Edited by Bobby Brown

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

Geez...I thought you were working 18 hour days and didn't have time for message board babble.

To say "both sides" bs is simply lazy or simpleton strategy on your part.

Yes Gil. It takes all of a few minutes to answer a post. It takes time to have an actual discussion. I'm a simpleton, I actually have to think about what I want to say. 

Edited by rajncajn

31 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Yes Gil. It takes all of a few minutes to answer a post. It takes time to have an actual discussion. I'm a simpleton, I actually have to think about what I want to say. 

No. 

You love the slap and tickle fight. It is known. It is what you prefer until you are called out and you play some lame victim card.

When it gets deep and filled with context, your simpleton nature takes root and you run away. It's your MO.

Look at me. I quoted again.

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

No. 

You love the slap and tickle fight. It is known. It is what you prefer until you are called out and you play some lame victim card.

When it gets deep and filled with context, your simpleton nature takes root and you run away. It's your MO.

Look at me. I quoted again.

Lol, "it is known." Are you going to teach me how to pleasure bushy now?:lol:

tenor-1.gif.45805195ce5a03fbfdc96121ff03de23.gif

I run away, huh? That's funny as hell right there. I was posting in this dead forum long before you decided to wander back. I've been here for over 25 years, where have I gone? Tell me Gil, where is everybody else? Where's H8 and Atomic and skins and Spain and AZ and SEC and Doc and Ursa and RR and Blitz and all the other guys who decided to call it quits instead of trying to keep this place alive? Where am I Gil? Where have I run to?

Don't worry, I'm here. I'm sorry that I do actually have important things that take my time away from answering your call. But I haven't gone anywhere in over 25 years and I don't plan to anytime soon. Like I said, if you actually want to have a discussion about an issue and you cant stand to wait, then start a thread. I'll be along. 

39 minutes ago, Big John said:

On the list, H8, skins, SEC and RR have been banned.

You know as well as I do that any one of those guys could come back if they wanted to. 

Edit: @DMDare these accounts still locked and would it be possible to unlock them? Understand if you don't want h8 or skins back, but there's really no reason SEC and RR shouldn't be allowed back in. Kinda miss those guys.

Edited by rajncajn

17 hours ago, rajncajn said:

No,  I'm just not someone who will buy any ridiculous narrative and I'll point out your obvious hypocrisy when I see it. When you see me being a hypocrite, feel free to reciprocate. On MANY more than one occasion I've called out people on the "right" for their ridiculous take. How many times have you called out anyone on the left? I can say with utmost confidence,  the answer is never. So instead pointing your stinky ass-finger at me, maybe you should try a little self-reflection for a change. I may not be unbiased (which I never claimed to be) but at least I have the balls to own up to my conservative leanings and the recognition and self-awareness to admit that it sometimes skews my perspective.

People that are here on the left are not mostly unhinged fools tossing around nonsense. I have told plenty of people on the left they are wrong, in many postings online. Do I need to go find some and give you proof? 

So far you've called out one person here, he acts like most Trump followers I experience online, and should be called out by many. Instead they are embraced by others who hate the Dems and think being a Trumper makes them a hero to America. 

Your conservative leanings are pretty far right, as pointed out by others here. Maybe you think not being a Trumper makes you a moderate or something. I don't buy it. I'm a liberal, registered Democrat, I don't hide it, and I know it skews my views of some things. I've admitted that.

I really enjoyed the bolded statement and its overwhelming condescending tone. You know very little about me, but are certain I've never called out anybody on the left. Just one example I know I've done frequently, when people on the left talk about gerrymandering and imply that only Republicans do it, I say that isn't true and they need to see their own side does similar things. 

On 8/16/2023 at 9:23 AM, stevegrab said:

People that are here on the left are not mostly unhinged fools tossing around nonsense.

People that are here on the moderate right don't post much,  if at all, in political discussions because the people on the left take everything that is remotely right of center and treat it like it's some extremist view.

I have told plenty of people on the left they are wrong, in many postings online. Do I need to go find some and give you proof?

Who are these people,  because I don't recall you ever doing that here. 

So far you've called out one person here, he acts like most Trump followers I experience online, and should be called out by many. Instead they are embraced by others who hate the Dems and think being a Trumper makes them a hero to America. 

Brentastic, Lordopie, LC and now 6kings. Pretty much the only people on this board since we started posting political discussions again that have expressed any right-leaning views other than myself.

Your conservative leanings are pretty far right, as pointed out by others here. Maybe you think not being a Trumper makes you a moderate or something. I don't buy it. I'm a liberal, registered Democrat, I don't hide it, and I know it skews my views of some things. I've admitted that.

Pointed out by whom? The other posters who think anything right of their views is "far right?"

I really enjoyed the bolded statement and its overwhelming condescending tone. You know very little about me, but are certain I've never called out anybody on the left. Just one example I know I've done frequently, when people on the left talk about gerrymandering and imply that only Republicans do it, I say that isn't true and they need to see their own side does similar things. 

I'm talking about posters on this forum steve, not what you do in your personal life...

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 3:21 PM, Bobby Brown said:

Back to the National Guard.  I've never seen any reputable source put the sole blame of slow NG activation on Nancy Pelosi and Schrumer.  But that doesn't surprise me that's the narrative Tucker is selling publicly. Isn't DC NG activation a prescriptive process ultimately authorized by the POTUS himself?

Why would Pelosi and Schumer be worried about 'bad optics?'   The worse optics were for Trump, his MAGAT followers. and probably the police chief in the video...

So, no answers from Six Memes apparently.....

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

So, no answers from Six Memes apparently.....

So the police chief that day isn’t reputable? I wasn’t in the room when he made the phone calls and I think you weren’t either. From what I understand is he did make them available 2 days prior.  House leader and Senate majority leader are in charge of the capitol police. But that doesn’t surprise me considering the left leaning media you listen to. They pushed the false narrative of Russian collusion for how many years? Only to find out it was Hilary that colluded. Btw it was McConnel not Schumer.

Edited by 6kings

What about Ray Epps? He’s on video telling everyone that they need to go into the capitol. Why hasn’t he been arrested for inciting people to storm the capitol? Because he was an FBI plant. Just like many others that were there. They need to release the tapes and everything that the left leaning Jan. 6th committee found.

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2023 at 3:21 PM, Bobby Brown said:

Six memes.  Please explain things to me like I'm 5 years old. 

How did Pelosi and Schrumer bear sole responsibility for activating the NG?

Why would they care about the "optics" of activating them?

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Six memes.  Please explain things to me like I'm 5 years old. 

How did Pelosi and Schrumer bear sole responsibility for activating the NG?

Why would they care about the "optics" of activating them?

It was more political optics since she called fed agents and the NG “stormtroopers” during the 2020 street riots. So in a sense she would be using the same “stormtroopers”.

Trump activated some troops (don’t know how many)but the mayor and pelosi declined to bring them in. Even though the police chief tried to get them to comply with his request. 

Only insurrection in history where no guns were used by the insurgents most of who just were walking between the ropes taking selfies.

So now you can mock and ridicule just like you do!