[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 2 gameday chat

Montana is da Man

2 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Thoughts on Shaheed? 

Mouths to feed. He'll be hit or miss unless either MT or Olave get injured. Still has Juwan and Taysom to contend with as well. I like him a lot regardless, but unless you're in a deep league I don't think he's going to help you. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Mouths to feed. He'll be hit or miss unless either MT or Olave get injured. Still has Juwan and Taysom to contend with as well. I like him a lot regardless, but unless you're in a deep league I don't think he's going to help you. 

More mouths once Kamara returns. My question is about Carr's value once all his weapons become available. He's owned in 40% of yahoo's league.

6 minutes ago, gijoerock said:

More mouths once Kamara returns. My question is about Carr's value once all his weapons become available. He's owned in 40% of yahoo's league.

Unless the Saints can get their offensive line straight it's going to limit Carr. Two weeks in a row now he's been under heavy pressure all game long. 

46 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

One other wrinkle is Tutu Atwell is playing well and entering his 3rd season as a 2nd round draft pick and his trajectory has been consistently up. I think he is out playing Van Jefferson. Both he and Nacua are. 

That's another good question that I think is being answered with the Akers situation. Is McVay too stubborn or loyal to make the switch from Jefferson? That doesn't appear to be the case. I've got to imagine though that one of the two (Nacua or Atwell) are going to drop off a cliff once Kupp returns and Bobby's point throws a real wrench in any preconceived notions on who that might be. If they move Nacua outside to make way for Kupp then it could really hurt his value and also elevate Atwell at the same time.

Edited by rajncajn

11 hours ago, gijoerock said:

Who's the next RB up for fantasy purposes in Cleveland? Will they try and bring Karriem Hunt back to the Browns?

Jerome Ford is the backup, he is no Kareem Hunt though. He can do some good things as we saw in the game, with the long run (almost 70) that helped him have a respectable 16-106 stat line, also good hands 3-25-1 on 4 targets. But I don't think he can carry the load, and he couldn't get a key one yard on 3-1 when he spelled Chubb, who came back in on 4th to get the yard. 

I would think they are trying to get Hunt, makes a ton of sense. Of course he'll want a lot, since he has the leverage. Give it to him, we have salary cap space and without a better RB option this team won't be good enough to make waves. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Extended face mask? He held on for quite a while

And he didn't learn his lesson, doing it again on the next drive. 

Hey you dummy, stop holding onto their face mask, that isn't a stiff arm. 

That game was just full of crazy things, from the opening play pick 6 to the odd ending (or not ending) of Q1. And many oddly bouncing ball, and weird calls and replays. 

17 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

And he didn't learn his lesson, doing it again on the next drive. 

Hey you dummy, stop holding onto their face mask, that isn't a stiff arm. 

That game was just full of crazy things, from the opening play pick 6 to the odd ending (or not ending) of Q1. And many oddly bouncing ball, and weird calls and replays. 

And he was lucky to stay in the game after he shoved a ref.

3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I drove thru Chicago this weekend and sports radio is seriously fretting Justin Fields 

And rightfully so. The evidence is mounting that he is just another Ohio State QB who is unable to process and execute. Staring at 0-3 won't make things better.

42 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

And rightfully so. The evidence is mounting that he is just another Ohio State QB who is unable to process and execute. Staring at 0-3 won't make things better.

Unfortunately, I agree. Anthony Richardson, in his first few starts, has already looked better than Fields.

Edited by Shaft