[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 2 gameday chat

Montana is da Man

9 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

He looked a little better after the FG was good.  Hopefully it's nothing serious

Winning makes us all feel better. But the way he limped off should cause concern for the upcoming Thursday night game.

On 9/17/2023 at 1:43 PM, gilthorp said:

Happy to see Adams out produce last week already. Need him.

I watched the extended highlights of the Raiders game last week, and it sure looked like Jimmy G's favorite target was Jakobi Meyers. He appeared to look for him more when in trouble. But the numbers show a nearly even share of targets, just that Meyers did more with his 10 (9-81-2) than Adams with his 9 (6-66). Adams did play more snaps (90% vs 80%). 

With Meyers out Sunday Adams had a similar 8 targets (and a similar share of the total at 1/3) and did a bit better with them (6-84-1), mostly the TD. Still has me concerned as an Adams owner.

19 hours ago, gijoerock said:

I'm going to bench him for Geno Smith until the Jags get their sh__ together.

I haven't seen the Jags play, but have watched both Dolphins games (at least extended highlights). I need to see how bad Lawrence looks, but heading towards putting Tua in his place. Considered it this week. Of course as soon as I start Tua he'll get hurt and be forced to retire. 

18 hours ago, rajncajn said:

What's the story on Achane? There was a lot of hype surrounding him preseason, but 2 games and 2 healthy scratches?

Edit: So I guess he is actually playing but just not being used. 

One carry and one pass target, on 6 offensive snaps (10% of the total). And he hardly played on ST either just 1 play). Mostert and Ahmed both looked good. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

One carry and one pass target, on 6 offensive snaps (10% of the total). And he hardly played on ST either just 1 play). Mostert and Ahmed both looked good. 

Mostert is usually real good until he's out with an injury, for which the word "usually" also applies.

21 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Wonder who the starting QB will be for the Jets next week. They are in bad shape with Zach Wilson. 

21 hours ago, gijoerock said:

He's not NFL material. Will Joe Flacco come out of retirement?

21 hours ago, Big John said:

Matt Ryan?

21 hours ago, Shaft said:

Wentz or Flacco make the most sense. 

21 hours ago, rajncajn said:

That was the rumor, but I can't see him doing much better. 

Not sure at all here, but have any of these guys played under Nathaniel Hackett? None of them would be ready to play right away anyway and Flacco simply can't throw any more so he's out.  Jets fans are stuck with Zach Wilson for now.  Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh elected to keep Zach as #2 and not bring anyone else in to compete.  It was a concsious, deliberate decision.  That is why they are both going to get fired after the season.  I'd like to keep JD cause he's hit on some great picks like Garrett Wilson and Gardner. 

But clinging to your BUST of the 2021 overall #2 draft pick has done us in for the first half of the season.  Joe Douglas won't acquiesce that he sh*t the bed when drafting Zach Wilson. 

To me that's a fireable offense.

Edited by Dcat

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Not sure at all here, but have any of these guys played under Nathaniel Hackett? None of them would be ready to play right away anyway and Flacco simply can't throw any more so he's out.  Jets fans are stuck with Zach Wilson for now.  Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh elected to keep Zach as #2 and not bring anyone else in to compete.  It was a concsious, deliberate decision.  That is why they are both going to get fired after the season.  I'd like to keep JD cause he's hit on some great picks like Garrett Wilson and Gardner. 

But clinging to your BUST of the 2021 overall #2 draft pick has done us in for the first half of the season.  Joe Douglas won't acquiesce that he sh*t the bed when drafting Zach Wilson. 

To me that's a fireable offense.

I'm wondering if they might trade for someone more serviceable as a starter. I don't think that it was a bad plan keeping Zach with the idea that Rodgers would tutor him and he'd have more time to develop. But obviously Rodgers injury was like throwing a lit match into a dumpster full of tinder. 

• Like 1