[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deshawn Watson is a thug and a punk ass player. Should be suspended.

Heat725

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

I read about the shoving of the ref this morning. He didn't look good last night and the Browns need him to play a lot better with Chubb out.

This is the bigger concern for the Browns. He just looks bad and they guaranteed his entire contract. Ouch. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Do NFL players get suspended for shoving a ref? Or for face mask calls that were flagged on the field? 

Nope and Nope. 

Actually, shoving a ref typically gets a player thrown from the game, suspended and fined. I've only heard about it here though, so I'm not sure if it even happened. 

I don't recall ever hearing of a player suspended or fined for shoving a ref. Ejected from the game yes, that is what usually happens. Maybe they'll come down on him harder since he wasn't ejected. Would be interesting to hear the officials explain why they didn't eject him. I mean he shoved one of them in front of another official, and neither one reacted, certainly no flag.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

I'm not defending Watson, but...

Strange place to take a stand. There are way WORSE 'humans' in the NFL than Watson.

Considering his sexual assault history, maybe there's worse, but not very many that I would say are way worse.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I don't recall ever hearing of a player suspended or fined for shoving a ref. Ejected from the game yes, that is what usually happens. Maybe they'll come down on him harder since he wasn't ejected. Would be interesting to hear the officials explain why they didn't eject him. I mean he shoved one of them in front of another official, and neither one reacted, certainly no flag.

All I'm saying is you know how the NFL can be. You never know how they're going to handle something. I don't think it's suspension worthy, but it wouldnt surprise me and I could definitely see a fine.

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

All I'm saying is you know how the NFL can be. You never know how they're going to handle something. I don't think it's suspension worthy, but it wouldnt surprise me and I could definitely see a fine.

Oh it won't surprise me in the least if Watson is suspended for these things. The NFL world sure isn't going to give him any breaks. They are investigating all aspects of those plays, from the actual fouls to shoving the ref. My simple question is, if shoving a ref is an automatic ejection why didn't they do that? I bet they have their reasons, would love to hear them. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-will-evaluate-and-discuss-all-plays-involving-deshaun-watson-infractions-on-tuesday/ar-AA1gWELE?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=952272c813bb43a982ca0568f14de8dd&ei=10

1 hour ago, Montana is da Man said:

NFL just announced they won't discipline Watson for his contact with the official

It's pretty comical they call yanking the official out of his way "contact with the official" as of it was incidental. 

26 minutes ago, Big John said:

Why the special treatment?  If he was not a quarterback, it would have been an automatic ejection, inadvertent or not.

I agree. And I don't see how you call it inadvertent. I'm not asking for the guys head here, but it was pretty clear from the video that he was either shoving the ref or yanking him by his arm to get at the other player he was arguing with.

• Like 1

First, I agree that Watson is low class.  The facemasks were bad and blatant.  

Regarding the video, I understand the ref position, it was minimal.  But it still occurred.  Honestly, from a lineman I could see that aggression.  But from a QB I expect better.  He's the leader of the team and he sets the example.