[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints vs Jaguars TNF

gijoerock

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

But not the night of the game, 4 days later near the Saints practice facility, going 70 in a 35MPH zone. 

According to his brother, no big deal :crazy:    I speed quit regularly, 10MPH over not a big deal to me, double the posted limit in an urban setting is just dumb. 

Chris Olave's brother, John Olave, posted on social media, "Bro was on the way back to the crib from CVS...aint nun serious."   

Shouldn't see any league discipline.

Just now, 8rattoon said:

Shouldn't see any league discipline.

I don't really care what the league does, just tired of these idiots thinking the street is a race track. And their foolish friends/family/fans defending their actions. 

Oh right, fantasy football is all people care about, not real life and the potential harm that can result from such foolishness. Never mind, silly me. 

14 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I don't really care what the league does, just tired of these idiots thinking the street is a race track. And their foolish friends/family/fans defending their actions. 

Oh right, fantasy football is all people care about, not real life and the potential harm that can result from such foolishness. Never mind, silly me. 

It's called context...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

But not the night of the game, 4 days later near the Saints practice facility, going 70 in a 35MPH zone. 

According to his brother, no big deal :crazy:    I speed quit regularly, 10MPH over not a big deal to me, double the posted limit in an urban setting is just dumb. 

Chris Olave's brother, John Olave, posted on social media, "Bro was on the way back to the crib from CVS...aint nun serious."   

It's nothing serious as he wasn't out partying and driving 100+ or racing someone. Just did something most of us have probably done once or twice when we weren't all old farts yelling "get off my lawn."

It's not really that big a deal. I was doing 65 on a stretch of road that's posted 40 this morning on my way to work because I'm having an issue with the engine missing and I wanted to push it to see of I could get it to throw a code. Had I been pulled over I probably could have been arrested for the same thing.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

It's nothing serious as he wasn't out partying and driving 100+ or racing someone. Just did something most of us have probably done once or twice when we weren't all old farts yelling "get off my lawn."

It's not really that big a deal. I was doing 65 on a stretch of road that's posted 40 this morning on my way to work because I'm having an issue with the engine missing and I wanted to push it to see of I could get it to throw a code. Had I been pulled over I probably could have been arrested for the same thing.

I have never driven 70 MPH in a 35 zone, not even when I was young and reckless. I speed plenty, 80 in a 70 is pretty normal for me, maybe 50 in a 35. Both are a far cry from 70 in a 35, or 100+ in a 70. 

But hey I get it, so long as he can keep playing football and nobody was killed its all cool. What if he were not a star athlete and just some kid from the hood, would y'all be so eager to dismiss this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I have never driven 70 MPH in a 35 zone, not even when I was young and reckless. I speed plenty, 80 in a 70 is pretty normal for me, maybe 50 in a 35. Both are a far cry from 70 in a 35, or 100+ in a 70. 

But hey I get it, so long as he can keep playing football and nobody was killed its all cool. What if he were not a star athlete and just some kid from the hood, would y'all be so eager to dismiss this? 

Don't be an ass. It has nothing to do with him playing football. He did something reckless, rightfully got busted for it and will likely pay a heftier price than you or I would for it. Let's not act like he was trying to run down grandma in the crosswalk. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Don't be an ass. It has nothing to do with him playing football. He did something reckless, rightfully got busted for it and will likely pay a heftier price than you or I would for it. Let's not act like he was trying to run down grandma in the crosswalk. :rolleyes:

Don't be the ass claiming we have all done something that I doubt 50% of people have done. Or maybe I'm the outlier and choir boy amongst the real men of the huddle who are all reckless former jocks.

I am not acting like anything, he did something stupid, his brother and his fans say no big deal. It seems pretty clear that to them its only about football, and since he won't miss time (or might play with a chip on his shoulder) that's just fine. 

He makes 100 times what I do, he should pay a heftier fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Don't be the ass claiming we have all done something that I doubt 50% of people have done. Or maybe I'm the outlier and choir boy amongst the real men of the huddle who are all reckless former jocks.

I am not acting like anything, he did something stupid, his brother and his fans say no big deal. It seems pretty clear that to them its only about football, and since he won't miss time (or might play with a chip on his shoulder) that's just fine. 

He makes 100 times what I do, he should pay a heftier fine. 

I didn't say "we all..." do anything, nor am I a "former jock." I also didn't say "no big deal." But hey, if you want to twist what I said to fit your narrative then knock yourself out.

I've done stupid (similar) things in the past that I could have gotten arrested for. It doesn't make me or him a bad person. I'm not saying it wasn't stupid, I'm not saying that he shouldn't have been arrested, I'm not saying that he shouldn't be punished. I'm saying that people shouldn't be acting like he did something really bad and you shouldn't be acting like I'm blowing it off because he plays football when I clearly am not.

You think he should pay a heavier fine. What would you suggest for driving 70 in a 35? You're saying he should have to pay more of a fine just because he makes more money? What would you suggest, jail time? Do you think he should be suspended by the league? Do you think the Saints should cut him?

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

The level of animosity towards bad drivers has been off the charts here lately.  I remember in the old days we’d get fired up for punching girlfriends.  Now that response is reserved for the fast and furious.  The computer/phone has become our porch and these forums are the stepped on lawn.  Interesting times…

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Def. said:

The level of animosity towards bad drivers has been off the charts here lately.  I remember in the old days we’d get fired up for punching girlfriends.  Now that response is reserved for the fast and furious.  The computer/phone has become our porch and these forums are the stepped on lawn.  Interesting times…

Henry Ruggs

12 hours ago, Def. said:

I had two friends seriously seriously injured while riding motorcycles this past year, one a 92 year old who probably shouldn't have been driving, the other was just inattentive and hit somebody pulled over on the shoulder. Another friend was hit by an 18 year old trying to kill himself running a read light a couple years ago, he was driving a full size truck, and has serious back injuries he is still dealing today. 

As somebody who spends a lot of time on the road on my motorcycle (5-7 thousand miles) riding a motorcycle per year and is vulnerable to the idiot drivers who are not paying attention I get angry when I read stories like this. Then I read a lot of "no big deal, surely we've all done something as stupid" nonsense. I wonder how many of these people with that attitude would let this guy date their daughters, or what they'd say if it was their 20 year old kid doing things like this. 

It shouldn't require somebody being killed to say the person doing it was an idiot. I called out Myles Garrett when he crashed his car, Kellen Winslow JR when he crashed a motorcycle he barely knew how to operate. And I sure didn't say no big deal when Browns WR Donte Stallworth killed a man while driving drunk.

If some want to label me the old man shouting get off my lawn, that's their right. 

PS Beating your wife used to be acceptable in some circles, so was drunk and/or reckless driving. Some groups think shooting others they have a disagreement with is OK. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I had two friends seriously seriously injured while riding motorcycles this past year, one a 92 year old who probably shouldn't have been driving, the other was just inattentive and hit somebody pulled over on the shoulder. Another friend was hit by an 18 year old trying to kill himself running a read light a couple years ago, he was driving a full size truck, and has serious back injuries he is still dealing today. 

Who here do you think hasn't had similar or worse? My wife & I were in a serious accident when some idiot ran a stop sign trying to hot rod his GFs camaro. A really good friend of mine was killed in a car accident when he was driving drunk & reckless. He hit a tree and the t-top he had loose in the back of the car few up and crushed the back of his skull. Last year one of my daughter's teachers, whom she really looked up to, was killed in a car accident on the interstate when an 18-wheeler suddenly merged on him. You are not unique in this phenomenon.

As somebody who spends a lot of time on the road on my motorcycle (5-7 thousand miles) riding a motorcycle per year and is vulnerable to the idiot drivers who are not paying attention I get angry when I read stories like this. Then I read a lot of "no big deal, surely we've all done something as stupid" nonsense. I wonder how many of these people with that attitude would let this guy date their daughters, or what they'd say if it was their 20 year old kid doing things like this. 

I get annoyed with indignant motorcyclists who think they're somehow special and it's their duty to chastise everyone else for their poor driving. Especially when the majority of motorcyclists I see on the road ride like they own it and it's everyone else's responsibility to watch out for them. Just this past weekend I had a pair of Harley riders doubled up on the interstate weaving through traffic, cutting between cars with only a few feet to spare. Every other day leaving work I have one or two motorcycles come blowing by me in traffic either riding the line between cars or weaving through everyone. But I'd bet willing to bet those same chalupas whine all the time about "idiot drivers" not watching out for them. I rode a bike exclusively for almost 3 years. It didn't give me any special perspective or make me any sort of unique authority on the subject.

If this kid wanted to date my daughter, then I'd judge him on more than just the fact that he's still an immature young man who speeds too much. I'd also make sure my daughter knew that he's still got some growing up to do and let him know that if he drove like that with my daughter in the car then he'd have me to answer to. If it was my kid I'd call him a f'n dumbass and ask him wtf he was thinking and remind him that I taught him to be smarter than that. That, all knowing and recognizing my own hypocrisy for doing similar stupid things when I was his age.

It shouldn't require somebody being killed to say the person doing it was an idiot. I called out Myles Garrett when he crashed his car, Kellen Winslow JR when he crashed a motorcycle he barely knew how to operate. And I sure didn't say no big deal when Browns WR Donte Stallworth killed a man while driving drunk.

If some want to label me the old man shouting get off my lawn, that's their right. 

No one is saying that he wasn't being an idiot. I'm saying that people shouldn't be acting like he did something really bad and you shouldn't be acting like I'm blowing it off because he plays football when I clearly am not.

PS Beating your wife used to be acceptable in some circles, so was drunk and/or reckless driving. Some groups think shooting others they have a disagreement with is OK. 

What an incredible strawman you've built.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes many motorcyclists are idiots, especially the ones with loud pipes that annoy everybody and ride in formation at well below the speed limit on their parades. I don't appreciate them creating a negative image for the public.

I've had idiot cruiser riders pass me on the road, in my lane, between my bike and the shoulder. People I know that I ride with don't even do that (they'll hear about it at the next stop, from every member of the group). 

But hey, glad to know I'm not being judged by somebody based on the actions of others. 

Nothing serious, not a big deal, but not blowing it off :rolleyes:  

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

But hey, glad to know I'm not being judged by somebody based on the actions of others. 

Says the guy making comparisons to Myles Garrett driving over 100 mph, Stallworth who went to jail for vehicular manslaughter while driving drunk, beating your wife or shooting someone over a disagreement. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Says the guy making comparisons to Myles Garrett driving over 100 mph, Stallworth who went to jail for vehicular manslaughter while driving drunk, beating your wife or shooting someone over a disagreement. :rolleyes:

Garret over 100MPH??  Might want to brush up on your facts, what I found was 65MPH in a 45, now tell me how is that worse than 70 in a 35?  (One is less than 50% over the limit, the other is double. Absolute speed number is not the key.)

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2022/09/29/cleveland-browns-star-myles-garrett-cited-unsafe-speed-in-one-car-accident/69527292007/

The point which went over your head, was I never said "no big deal" when those happens. In fact I called these people out. If you have some evidence to the contrary please post it. 

On 10/24/2023 at 12:48 PM, rajncajn said:

In case you want to tell us again how you didn't say stuff you clearly said. 

Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Garret over 100MPH??  Might want to brush up on your facts, what I found was 65MPH in a 45, now tell me how is that worse than 70 in a 35?  (One is less than 50% over the limit, the other is double. Absolute speed number is not the key.)

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2022/09/29/cleveland-browns-star-myles-garrett-cited-unsafe-speed-in-one-car-accident/69527292007/

Brush up on your own "facts."

Myles Garrett's history of speeding violations (sportskeeda.com)

While the Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating the current situation, it has come to light that Garrett has been stopped for speeding at least six times since joining the team in 2017.

Garrett was pulled over by North Olmsted police in 2018 for having a tail-light out and for speeding. He was also pulled over in Delaware County by state troopers but the charges got dropped as he agreed to pay $150 and attend a class for traffic safety.

In 2019, a state trooper pulled over Garrett for driving 91 mph in a 60-mph zone of I-71 near Fulton Road in Cleveland.

Another incident occurred over a year prior to last year's incident. Akron Municipal Court records show that Garrett was driving 100 mph in a 65 mph speed zone in Interstate 77, in May 2020. He was also charged with reckless operation of a motor vehicle and violating a turn signal.

On Sept. 24-25, 2021, on Interstate 71 in Medina County, Garrett was pulled over twice in a 24-hour span for speeding. He was hauled for driving at 120 mph and a second time for speeding at 105 mph.

That's three times at 100 or more mph and he was speeding again when he crashed his car.

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

The point which went over your head, was I never said "no big deal" when those happens. In fact I called these people out. If you have some evidence to the contrary please post it. 

In case you want to tell us again how you didn't say stuff you clearly said. 

The point that keeps going over your head is I never stated it was "no big deal" unless you just want to leave out all the other things I said to lend context to that statement, which is still not exactly what I said. Misquoting and exaggerating the things that I have said, all while ignoring everything else, does not make you right.

For context I have said...

On 10/24/2023 at 11:48 AM, rajncajn said:

It's nothing serious as he wasn't out partying and driving 100+ or racing someone. Just did something most of us have probably done once or twice

As in, it's nothing AS serious as going out partying and driving drunk, screaming down the road at 100+ like your example Myles Garrett or racing people on the streets. And the second part you keep bringing up: I said "something MOST OF US HAVE PROBABLY done. You said that I said "we all have done."

On 10/24/2023 at 1:54 PM, rajncajn said:

He did something reckless, rightfully got busted for it and will likely pay a heftier price than you or I would for it.

On 10/24/2023 at 5:20 PM, rajncajn said:

I've done stupid (similar) things in the past that I could have gotten arrested for. It doesn't make me or him a bad person. I'm not saying it wasn't stupid, I'm not saying that he shouldn't have been arrested, I'm not saying that he shouldn't be punished.

That's twice I said that he was being stupid and reckless, he deserved to be arrested and should be punished

On 10/25/2023 at 2:08 PM, rajncajn said:

If this kid wanted to date my daughter, then I'd judge him on more than just the fact that he's still an immature young man who speeds too much. I'd also make sure my daughter knew that he's still got some growing up to do and let him know that if he drove like that with my daughter in the car then he'd have me to answer to. If it was my kid I'd call him a f'n dumbass and ask him wtf he was thinking and remind him that I taught him to be smarter than that. That, all knowing and recognizing my own hypocrisy for doing similar stupid things when I was his age.

No one is saying that he wasn't being an idiot. I'm saying that people shouldn't be acting like he did something really bad and you shouldn't be acting like I'm blowing it off because he plays football when I clearly am not.

And finally pointing out his immaturity...

You are inexplicably, overly emotional about a rather benign incident. You are comparing it to people and things that are ALL varying levels of much worse than what he did ranging from multiple incidents of high rates of speed ultimately ending with totaling a Porche to beating your wife and shooting someone. Could something worse have happened? Certainly, it could have. But thankfully, the real world doesn't act against whatever the possibilities are.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1