[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints vs Jaguars TNF

gijoerock

Benching or starting Trevor boils down to your other options. I didn't keep a QB this year in my 12 team 5 keeper league, and took him to be my starter. I added Tua not that much later as a good backup. He's moved into the starter roll after a string of good games compared to Trevor. So far Trevor's best was week 1 with 18 points, 16 this week is not great. Tua has exceeded 20 points 3 times and averages around that, has 3 games with multiple TDs.  Trevor has gone over 20 just once and one multi TD game, and averages under 14 a game. 

One offense is potent and scores, the other not so much and does a lot more on the ground than thru the air. 

If Tua scores less and costs me the game I won't blame this decision, as the numbers don't lie. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Benching or starting Trevor boils down to your other options. I didn't keep a QB this year in my 12 team 5 keeper league, and took him to be my starter. I added Tua not that much later as a good backup. He's moved into the starter roll after a string of good games compared to Trevor. So far Trevor's best was week 1 with 18 points, 16 this week is not great. Tua has exceeded 20 points 3 times and averages around that, has 3 games with multiple TDs.  Trevor has gone over 20 just once and one multi TD game, and averages under 14 a game. 

One offense is potent and scores, the other not so much and does a lot more on the ground than thru the air. 

If Tua scores less and costs me the game I won't blame this decision, as the numbers don't lie. 

I have Stroud and gonna be plugging him over TLaw.

• Like 2

Just some insight to what we all thought was a crazy overthrow that Olave quit on. Someone asked Deuce McAllister about the play and he said that based on what he saw that Carr was actually thowing the ball away and the pass was never intended to go to Olave. The pass was actually supposed to go to Hill who would have been open on the underneath route for the first down. Olave was supposed to be running a clear route, but since Olave half-assed it, the corner that was covering him would have been in position to make a break on the ball leaving no window for Carr to throw to. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gijoerock said:

Just wondered if Doug Peterson is playing a conservative game and not at all concerned about fantasy football or stats.

He was rather aggressive when coaching the Eagles, so my thinking is he doesn't have all the tools in Jacksonville to do the same.

edit: 2018 quote from him: "Coaching conservatively is a good way to go 8-8."

Edited by Big John
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Just some insight to what we all thought was a crazy overthrow that Olave quit on. 

@rajncajn Derek Carr stats have not been overwhelming considering the weapons they posses. Is it time to consider inserting Jamies Winston or Taysom Hill at QB? The team is 3-4 and only winning or losing by 1 score on average.

Screenshot_20231020-154858_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

2 hours ago, gijoerock said:

@rajncajn Derek Carr stats have not been overwhelming considering the weapons they posses. Is it time to consider inserting Jamies Winston or Taysom Hill at QB? The team is 3-4 and only winning or losing by 1 score on average.

Screenshot_20231020-154858_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

I don't know if it will really matter. I think that, at times, we're failing at every aspect of the offense. 

8 hours ago, Big John said:

Olave responded by getting arrested for reckless use of a vehicle.

But not the night of the game, 4 days later near the Saints practice facility, going 70 in a 35MPH zone. 

According to his brother, no big deal :crazy:    I speed quit regularly, 10MPH over not a big deal to me, double the posted limit in an urban setting is just dumb. 

Chris Olave's brother, John Olave, posted on social media, "Bro was on the way back to the crib from CVS...aint nun serious."