[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anything is Pass Interference

Bobby Brown

I kinda laughed last night watching the Dallas Eagles game after watching Mahommes throw his hissy fit about the penalty on Toney for being over the line. There was one play, I think it was a 3rd and long for Philly, and one of the Dallas defensive lineman was clearly lined up over the line. Like hands, head and shoulders over the line and it didn't get called.

As I've said for many years now, I think consistency is the biggest issue with NFL officiating. It's been bad for many years now, but it gets amplified when it happens at times that significantly impact games. I think that and a more attuned awareness of it is what occurring now. To be honest, it's pretty refreshing to see more people getting pissed about something that I've complained about and been chided over for years.

• Like 1

I agree that NFL officiating continues to be a problem, is it really that much better in college? Is it really more consistent, with how many times more officiating crews and games being played? Is it mostly their automatic replay system?

Not trying to defend the NFL, just curious. 

The game is played and officiated by humans. Humans make mistakes, some guy lined up offsides and really messed up his team. Officials miss or make bad calls. Having a way to deal with the mistakes would make it better. But I don't want the games getting any longer. Yesterday's Jags-Browns game took 3hr 45 minutes, many people missed most of the first quarter in the Bills-Chiefs game while that ended. (That was a lot of injuries, but also some reviews, penalties etc.)

14 hours ago, Big John said:

Now the gimmick of an all-minority officiating crew in tonight's game.

While I think it's great that there's an all-minority group officiating, it loses a lot of it's luster if the main reason for doing it is to pander.

The officiating crew who did the TNF game, according to the box score on PFR is the same crew who did the Jags-Browns game and has done games together all season. I assume as is normal they worked together all season, and yes they are all black. So that part is not a one game gimmick, maybe a one season thing. Or maybe just a crew of officials, many of whom are black. 

The special part about the LAC-LVR game last Thursday was the officials in the replay booth were also black. 

They also had 3 women on the crew, one official (Maia Chaka) and 2 in the booth. 

https://www.ktnv.com/sports/raiders/chargers-vs-raiders-game-makes-history-with-nfls-1st-all-black-officiating-crew-and-3-women

From what I could find the first all black official crew worked a game in Nov 2020 with Jerome Boger as Ref, not sure if that was a one time all start crew or what. (Everything I have read in the past says during the regular season a crew works together on all games, then for playoffs they pick the best and have all start crews. 

Ron Torbert's crew

image.png.d7e834276b02473a2f8753dc4a86fa1e.png