[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anything is Pass Interference

Bobby Brown

Far from the worst call I've seen. SEA #21 pulls on the Nacua's jersey, causing the body to twist and as Nacua tries to shed the contact his body twists the opposite way causing him to stumble. 

Is it called every time, nope, but will be called some times. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Far from the worst call I've seen. SEA #21 pulls on the Nacua's jersey, causing the body to twist and as Nacua tries to shed the contact his body twists the opposite way causing him to stumble. 

Is it called every time, nope, but will be called some times. 

I disagree with your take.  Tiki Barber's take was much more accurate.  

There are just too many penalties.  You can essentially call holding on every play, yet it's only called some of the time.  I guess when it directly affects the ability for a runner to get past a defender or holding a would-be pass rusher from getting to the QB?  But yeah, just in general... too many penalties.  It's an aggressive, violent game.  Let them do their things.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rajncajn said:

From one extreme to the other, Rams still get the call.

saints-no-call.gif.61e805ff5c4d493dde3d6ca972a7ff17.gif

That was the worst no call I've ever seen in the biggest moment!  Just brutal!  

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, darin3 said:

There are just too many penalties.  You can essentially call holding on every play, yet it's only called some of the time.  I guess when it directly affects the ability for a runner to get past a defender or holding a would-be pass rusher from getting to the QB?  But yeah, just in general... too many penalties.  It's an aggressive, violent game.  Let them do their things.

If I was the one calling plays I would throw it long all the time. It’s better than 50/50 you will get a flag. Watching football from the mid 80’s and all of the 90’s I never thought about flags being thrown. Now anytime one of my players makes a play over 10 yards I’m thinking and looking for a flag. It’s ruing the experience for me.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

True, I've seen worse, but Woolen is clearly pulling on Lamb's right shoulder with his left hand, to slow him down,  and he started to do so before he even looked back for the ball.  Also, with their being a decent amount of separation between them, it was easy to see for the officials.  The pass being underthrown and inside versus outside toward the boundary, forced Lamb to cut in towards Woolen, only making it look more like Woolen was pulling him down. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

I disagree with your take.  Kirk Herbstreit's commentary on the situation was accurate.

Dallas had 9 first downs on one drive, 4 via penalty.  Favoring offense to this extent is ruining the game.

Many announcers question lots of calls, often with their own biases involved. I've had several games over the last month with Greg Olsen and he did it many times, usually in favor of the more popular team. Even if the rules official agrees I often don't. 

Maybe its time to look at PI as a 10-15 yard max penalty with 1st down instead of a spot foul. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Many announcers question lots of calls, often with their own biases involved. I've had several games over the last month with Greg Olsen and he did it many times, usually in favor of the more popular team. Even if the rules official agrees I often don't. 

Maybe its time to look at PI as a 10-15 yard max penalty with 1st down instead of a spot foul. 

Was 15 yards prior to 1978.  Passing game opened up after that and there is no desire to revert that rule. 

1 hour ago, Big John said:

Was 15 yards prior to 1978.  Passing game opened up after that and there is no desire to revert that rule. 

Dang Encylopedia BigJohnica   I was born in 64, watched my share of football in the 70s, couldn't recall the old rules from then if I tried. Other than I think head slaps were still legal. 

Yes I understand the NFL is not really interested in rule changes that make the game more about defense. That has become clear over the last couple of decades. 

• Haha 1

One thing about the penalty on the hit of Mahomes, I noticed they did not use the phrase "late hit" or "hit out of bounds" just the generic "unnecesary roughness".  As if they didn't feel it was late, or out of bounds, just too rough. Still a bad call. 

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

This year?

It's been pretty bad for several years.  It just seems more... pronounced?.. this year.  

Like every single time there's an incompletion I'm just expecting the flag to fly.  Or every time there's a significant running play there's a holding call.  

It's just bad.  It's like there's three teams on the field.  Offense, defense, refs.  Each one is now equally as responsible for what happens play to play.  And that's not how it should be.  I shouldn't even have to say it.  

Edited by darin3
  • Like 2