[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Kelce giving way to father time?

irish

I'd rather play in one league, watch a lot of football, and get the vaccine if I want it (I never got more than one booster after the initial shot). If Kelce was there I'd have taken a shot on him, plenty of idiots of different degrees in all of sports and life. 

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, irish said:

Man, Kelce has been garbage!

He's still a lot better than I was, so I wont call him garbage.  But from the outside looking in, it sure as heck does appear that he has a lot of other things going on.  A man can only multitask so much.  it may not be Swift.  Or father time.  It may not be Pfizer.  It may not be the insurance commervial.  It may not be Defenses figured out that their other WR are sort of arent NFL starter quality and they can overlap coverages on TK.    It may be that he just isnt as focused on the one thing he has been for this long.  As you age it'll take 115%, not less than 100% to stay on top.  

I think its a little bit of all of the above.  

On 12/15/2023 at 11:20 PM, Brentastic said:

You Covidiots are still really clinging to the "vaccine is safe and effective" narrative, I see.  Very, very sad. I can only hope you didn't vaccinate your children, if you have any.  If no children, the rest of humanity thanks you for your consideration. The last stats I heard was only like 7% of Americans have taken the latest booster so congrats on being in that "special" group.

I'm not going to argue one way or the other, because I simply don't know. But I'll tell you all the Infectious Disease docs I know had every vaccine and booster up until a couple months ago.  Covid is still rampant. But like the evolution of every virus, to live longer it has to be less lethal.  That said, as an ENT I still see people who completely lost their sense of smell/taste and that is absolute misery.

Also, "safe" is relative.  The vaccine does have a clot/stroke risk. But, what most don't realize is that so does the virus, and for those with any risk factors the stroke risk is much higher with the virus.  So, do with that what you will.  For those of us who work in the ICUs and see what it can do, we were all vaccinated.  Most people with their strong (baseless) opinions have no background nor experience.  My friend was a Marine, in his 40's when he got Covid.  He lived through the stroke, kidney failure, respiratory failure and ultimately liver failure.  He's now on the liver transplant list.  You can believe whatever you want, but don't tout it as knowledge.

---

Back to Kelce, it's not age, it's lost mojo.  Did you see the missed catches today?  He never missed those in the past, BTS days (before Taylor Swift).  But Mahomes also has something wrong, his accuracy is not what it was last year.  He's still elite but he's throwing lower than he used to.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 7:06 PM, Brentastic said:

I avoided him in all leagues (50) because if one main factor… he’s pimping the Covid vaccine which is clear now to most, NOT to be safe and effective. He chose the dark side and karma is indeed a female dog. Good riddance, Mr Pfizer🤷‍♂️

Good call.

Screenshot_20240128_234331_Facebook.jpg

3 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

he looks rejuvenated here in the playoffs:

vs Bal: 11/116/1

vs buff: 5/75/2

vs mia: 7/71

I could have used those numbers down the stretch in my FF playoffs

He needs one more TD to equal his season total. And he's got about 1/4 his season's yardage in those 3 games. 

3 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

he looks rejuvenated here in the playoffs:

vs Bal: 11/116/1

vs buff: 5/75/2

vs mia: 7/71

I could have used those numbers down the stretch in my FF playoffs

Maybe he finally got over Covid lol

• Haha 1