[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 15 chat Saturday games starting

SeductiveNun

9 hours ago, purplemonster said:

If you aren't looking for any sportsmanship trophies picking up Marcus Mariota and Drew Lock that could be a great move if you're playing against the Jalen Hurts team

Playing against a 2qb team with both Hurts and Geno in the lineup tonight. I'm up 55 at the moment. I thought Lock would give me some bench depth, so I picked him up after the Jags game 😁

2 hours ago, Yoyo said:

Playing against a 2qb team with both Hurts and Geno in the lineup tonight. I'm up 55 at the moment. I thought Lock would give me some bench depth, so I picked him up after the Jags game 😁

I'm slightly ambivalent about it because if you are that clueless and absent and haven't picked up alternates you kind of deserve to lose to somebody putting in more effort. And you're right, you'll never know when you need that depth, ahem. Geno in particular has been ill for quite a while, he must have a backup plan. Mariota is a little tougher bc Hurts just got ill out of nowhere yesterday apparently 

3 hours ago, Yoyo said:

Actually I did my good deed this morning by texting a leaguemate with Hurts to pick up an alternate. He had not seen it 

17 hours ago, gilthorp said:

The Bears gave a 9 win AFC team all they could handle. The Browns are a big bet against in the next few weeks.

Down 10 with a quarter to go, and the way our team had been playing I did not expect to win. Bears did a great job shutting the run down, and fields will drive a defense nuts. 

Hurts owner in our league only had one QB most of the season, and now he trails by about 45 points with Hurts and Smith tonight. 

Funny thing is Drew Lock is sitting out there now, he could add him. He's a savvy owner, so maybe he just figured it was over and now with that many points to make up he needs a Hurts style performance. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Hurts owner in our league only had one QB most of the season, and now he trails by about 45 points with Hurts and Smith tonight. 

Funny thing is Drew Lock is sitting out there now, he could add him. He's a savvy owner, so maybe he just figured it was over and now with that many points to make up he needs a Hurts style performance. 

25 and 20 is not crazy talk. either smith or brown could have the big day

both philly and sea can be thrown on.

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

25 and 20 is not crazy talk. either smith or brown could have the big day

both philly and sea can be thrown on.

Never said it was crazy talk. Just that when you're trailing by that many points, and not sure of the situation, there may be reasons not to add a backup QB. In this case I'm thinking hjust that racking up those points (at least in our league, no PPR, only 1pt/50 yds passing) might be out of reach. (Hurts averages about 20, Smith about 10 per game.)

I am a bit surprised he didn't add some QB, even Mariota. Maybe he figures nobody else in the playoffs is going to waste the $5 transaction fee to block him. (We generally don't see those kind of blocking moves in our league.) 

Problem with Lock is he's of no value if Smith starts. 

Like I said he's a savvy owner, either he has his reasons and logic, or somehow he is just not aware. (He is a salesman and travels a lot, but hard to believe he'd miss the news.)

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Never said it was crazy talk. Just that when you're trailing by that many points, and not sure of the situation, there may be reasons not to add a backup QB. In this case I'm thinking hjust that racking up those points (at least in our league, no PPR, only 1pt/50 yds passing) might be out of reach. (Hurts averages about 20, Smith about 10 per game.)

I am a bit surprised he didn't add some QB, even Mariota. Maybe he figures nobody else in the playoffs is going to waste the $5 transaction fee to block him. (We generally don't see those kind of blocking moves in our league.) 

Problem with Lock is he's of no value if Smith starts. 

Like I said he's a savvy owner, either he has his reasons and logic, or somehow he is just not aware. (He is a salesman and travels a lot, but hard to believe he'd miss the news.)

you providing scoring now changes probability/projections for him. without ppr, it seems like a long shot

• Like 1