[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody else start Manning today...

Gak Attack

That was a lot of fun :doah: Kind of an exercise in futility - your QB tosses 6 TDs and earns 33 points - outstanding! ...his WR scores 30 points...

But one h*ll of a show! :D

PLEASE NOTE: This is not an invite to bash Manning and ridicule his career-season ~ please don't be an arse on this thread.

I started Edge and faced Julius Jones and Marvin Harrison in a performance scoring league where you also get 1 pt. per reception, and additional yardage bonuses at 100, 150, and 200 yards.

Edge got me 20.

Jones got him 38.

Marvin got him 52.

:bawling:

Sure did.  Manning got me 30.  Harrison got him 29.  Just when you think you have a chance to pull away, this crap happens.  Unbelievable.

575943[/snapback]

Look at it this way. If you DIDN'T have Manning, you'd be in a serious hole right now for this weekend. :D

(I'm one of those glasses half full kind of guys) :D

my opponent started Manning :D and Clark :D .....so I'm down 35 at the get go. At least Dungy had the decency to pull him in the 3rd.

I'm hoping for Griese to get me 20 then make up the difference with LT, Westbrook, Owens, and Walker B)

I'm facing Big John in FBRO this week.

He started Stokely who got him 20.85.

I started Manning, who got me 40.92.

And I started Harrison, who got me 24.35.

No complaints from me.  :D

:D

576028[/snapback]

I alos started Manning but went up against Wayne. Good start for me. I also had Vanderjagt starting....woohooo, 5 big poionts there. I need to start a kicker that kicks FGs

I started Manning and Stokley, he started Harrison.

I still think many FF players look at the game all wrong. This is NOT a team sport. When you look at points and comparisons, it is more important to break your team into the individual components, at least down to the position battles.

To say Harrison balanced out Manning’s performance is a little skewed. Manning, at the QB spot, which is usually a position where you start only one player, has 33 points! This means that at the QB spot, there is practically no way your opponent will equal that total. Let’s say his QB goes off and scores 20. You are still 13 points up on your opponent at that position.

Now, at WR, you are down 30. But you still have two or three players to play against his one or two. You may not make up the difference, but you certainly have a better chance of closing the gap at WR than he does at QB. Those 33 points, in a way, count more for you going into the weekend games than Marvin’s 30. Obviously, at the WR position, there is greater inconsistency and he could either go off OR tank with his other players, as could yours, but you still have a better chance at closing the gap.

Knowing this, I almost fell into the same trap yesterday. I was at first a little disappointed with the fact that even though I had 56 points out of two players that went off, I was only up by 26. AHHHH, but then I realized. Stokley’s 23 points keeps Harrison’s 30 points within reach. We still each have two WRs to play, and I am down at that position by only 7 points! That can be made up with a 10 yard + TD catch! On the other hand, he still has to play a QB, and is down by 33 points at that position! He is starting Vick against the Saints. Even if Vick puts up 25 (which I don’t think he will, he is averaging about 14/game), I am still eight up!

Because of the inconsistent production at WR, I would feel more uncomfortable knowing that Harrison had put up 30 on me, but you have to feel more confident about closing that gap than your opponent will be able to close the QB gap.

I alos started Manning but went up against Wayne.  Good start for me.  I also had Vanderjagt starting....woohooo, 5 big poionts there.  I need to start a kicker that kicks FGs

576036[/snapback]

I have Keading and Vandy, I have not started Vandy for weeks because all the Colts seem to do is score TDs.

I'm facing Big John in FBRO this week.

He started Stokely who got him 20.85.

I started Manning, who got me 40.92.

And I started Harrison, who got me 24.35.

No complaints from me.  B)

576028[/snapback]

Went against Manning in one league yesterday and Stokely in another.

I'm hoping my QB, Culpepper can match up and regain some of those points against Manning. But if he does...the Stokely owner has CPep as his QB. :D

576249[/snapback]

Sort of a love/hate relationship thingy going there for you Billy...you are just lucky I talked myself out of picking up da boyz D/ST and playing them against da bears yesterday...I could have tacked on another 12 pts...

I'm sorta in a happy mood, having started Harrison Thurs. and getting 32 points from him. My opponent started 1/3 of his team yesterday and only got 25 points total. That makes me happy, but i have to worry as he still has Culpepper/Owens/Droughns to play. QB is his only position, match-up wise, I worry about. I have McNair/Griese to ponder. Both of us are in the race for total points.