[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Updates on Jamal Lewis

broncosn05

This week is the last for FA so it is important to have a strong lieup for the playoffs that i am now in since a win last week. Now this is my important decision of the off season. is Chester Taylor worth keeping for one game.

WAIT IS CHESTER TAYLOR STARTING THIS WEEK.

He would be playing over

Rod Smith- MIA

Rudi Johnson- NE

This week is the last for FA so it is important to have a strong lieup for the playoffs that i am now in since a win last week. Now this is my important decision of the off season. is Chester Taylor worth keeping for one game. 

WAIT IS CHESTER TAYLOR STARTING THIS WEEK.

He would be playing over

Rod Smith- MIA

Rudi Johnson- NE

600498[/snapback]

Where did you get this information?

The huddle makes it sound like Lewis is going to miss this week, but I saw this somewhere else that makes it sound like he may start.

News Story: Lewis is listed as questionable on today's injury report and according to coach Billick he has a good chance of returning this week.

Fantasy Analysis: Lewis will be worked back into practice this week and could start after missing two games.

Here is the deal. Lewis is back at practice but only at half speed. He may play some this week, he may not. But if he does play, it will not be as a full-time starter - Taylor would still most likely be the primary RB. The Ravens should handle the Giants without too much trouble anyway.

Here is the deal. Lewis is back at practice but only at half speed. He may play some this week, he may not. But if he does play, it will not be as a full-time starter - Taylor would still most likely be the primary RB. The Ravens should handle the Giants without too much trouble anyway.

602691[/snapback]

Exactly! Why would they risk aggravating Jamal's injury on the lowly Giants? Taylor is obviously a step down from Lewis. But he is serviceable and certainly capable of putting up big numbers on a NY team that has folded up the tents for the season...

You are lucky to get a response after that last crack, but here is what kffl.com reports:

Ravens | J. Lewis Sits Out Practice, Could Be Downgraded - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:16:00 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens RB Jamal Lewis (ankle) did not practice Friday, Dec. 10, and is questionable for Week 14. Lewis is not expected to play and could be downgraded.

Nothing official yet. Jamal may or may not play. I would bet that he would not. I think that the Ravens will rest most of their Questionable players and give them another week to heal in preparation for their huge road game @ Indy next week.

Starting RB Jamal Lewis, who has missed back-to-back losses after spraining his right ankle vs. Dallas on November 21, was very limited in practice this week and remains questionable to play Sunday against the Giants. Lewis ran at slightly more than half-speed this week and would be limited to a certain number of plays -- likely short-yardage -- even if he does suit up Sunday. His playing status will come down to a game-time decision.

Raven RB Jamal Lewis (ankle) did some work at Wednesday’s practice and is listed as questionable for this week. Head coach Brian Billick has refused to rule Lewis out of yet, for whatever that means.

From Roto:

"Dec. 12 The Baltimore Sun reports that Jamal Lewis (RB) Bal is expected to play a minor role in Sunday's game against the Rams due to his sprained ankle. However, it's unclear whether he will actually even suit up for the game, as he was limited in practice throughout the week before missing Friday's session entirely."

One of these days some team is going to fool us all when they give honest information and stop making all the wishy-washy statements they make now.

Edited by skylive5

He is listed as Questionable, but the team has said that he won't be ready until next week.

For what it's worth, John Clayton said that Lewis could play this weekend. No other expert has mentioned anything like that.