[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bown Week 16 or 17?

MrTed46

Prefer 16. Most of my leagues have that, but in the league with the week 17 Super Bowl, I already got burned twice in the Super Bowl where my starters were pulled early or I was left with both my QBs being last-minute inactives.

I much prefer week 16 for the SB because of the rampant benching of players that happens in week 17. In week 17 we have a free-for-all where every owner puts in a lineup, and the team with the most points takes home a cash prize.

I much prefer week 16 for the SB because of the rampant benching of players that happens in week 17. In week 17 we have a free-for-all where every owner puts in a lineup, and the team with the most points takes home a cash prize.

624903[/snapback]

While we do not have a SB, I would prefer Week 16. We tossed around the idea of doing something for Week 17 (but ending our H2H in Week 16) around the last SB, but we forgot to bring it up when we met pre-season to discuss rules changes or additions for this season.

Our standings at the end of the regular season determines the draft order for our playoffs (but this is merely for fun and $$).

Too much up in the air related to players in Week 17.

Edited by Gunther

624903[/snapback]

That's what we do but we limit the lineup to 5 players from our last regular season roster(wk 13) and we call it our pro bowl. And the lineups have to be submitted prior to the start of the week 14 games and substitution can only occur in the event of an injury.

Despite the overwhelming popularity of a Wk 16 SB in this thread, it's pretty even between leagues that have a wk 16 and a wk 17 SB. I know because I ran a poll last year and was a bit surprised by the result. Maybe there was a slight (53-47%) advantage for week 16.

This is our 16th year and we've always had a week 17 SB. We like the 14 game regular season and haven't had many issues in week 17. I guess we're used to the extra element. I suppose if someone gets royally screwed one year (like me, the commish :D ) then maybe we'd reconsider. But, I like that extra regular season game.

This year presents one of the better arguments against the Week 17 fantasy superbowl in recent memory. With several NFL teams ALREADY playing with very little on the line, even Week 16 could present problems for some fantasy teams. In Week 17, we almost certainly won't be seeing much of McNabb, Westbrook, Vick, Dunn, Duckett, Brady, Dillon, Graham, Bettis, and Ward. Also, there's a good chance coaches will pull Favre, A. Green, Walker, Driver, Culpepper, Moss, Onterrio, Burleson, Wiggins, Manning, Edge, Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Tomlinson, Brees, and Gates.

16.........less studs sitting!

624876[/snapback]

Yep. Heck, I'd even go to 15 just for purity as Atlanta's making me crazy talking about tanking the last two (I've got their defense and there is crap on the waiver wire) since they have nothing to gain.