[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss?!?

CaptainHook

Since when is fake mooning a hostile crowd such a horrible thing?  I think everyone needs to lighten up.  According to Tony Dungy, the Packers fans moon (with bare a$$e$) the opposing team every Sunday:

"Anyone who has played in the NFC Central knows what that's about. The fans in Green Bay have a tradition in the parking lot after the game where they moon the visiting team's bus," he said. "It's kind of a unique send-off."

648717[/snapback]

Kinda puts a new spin on it, doesn't it.

Even without knowing this, my reaction to the :D was "dude is such an ass, but that is kinda funny."

:D

And if any parents are seriously saying their children were harmed by the fake moon and goal-post rub, you had better lock your kids up in a bubble in the attic. I've seen more offensive stuff on Spongebob.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously more people are reacting because it's Moss. I mean, if he never walked off the field last week, I bet this mooning deal wouldn't be half as big as it is now.

I'm not bothered by the act itself. I just thought he would try and make up for last week by rising above it and just playing ball. I would think that he would want to be on Sportscenter for the TDs he put up while running on a bad ankle, not his ass on the goalpost. But that's just Randy and that's how he'll be.

Edited by budlitebrad

Wow. Nice work.  I truly thought that was a made up thing.  I still attribute it to D-backs not liking a guy who blocks every play, no matter where the ball is going.

648575[/snapback]

Wow, 3 Broncos on that list.....go figure :D

Kinda puts a new spin on it, doesn't it.

Even without knowing this, my reaction to the :D was "dude is such an ass, but that is kinda funny."

:D

And if any parents are seriously saying their children were harmed by the fake moon and goal-post rub, you had better lock your kids up in a bubble in the attic.  I've seen more offensive stuff on Spongebob.

648766[/snapback]

My kids aren't allowed to watch Spongebob.

Let's see... The Bowflex commercials, the Coors "Twins" commercials, a highly-paid WR wiping his butt on the goalpost as an act of celebration... Yeah, nothing wrong with it. If it occurs as much as it does, I'm sure my 7-yr-old is thinking, "Well, if it occurs this much on tv, can it really be that bad?" And I can only guess what my 7 yr old is doing on the busride to school the next day. Or, someone else's 7 yr old, for that matter.

I recall when I was a kid that a hockey game was such a family activity. Today, I don't see that many families going to the hockey game. I know I won't take my kids, because I can expect at least 2 fights to break out, and they let it go on and on... sending a message that fighting is okay. And where is hockey today? I sure don't miss it. Should NFL follow the same course?

All in the name of "entertainment"? Well, some in those same stands attend operas and symphonies. I wonder what some of us would think/say if Pavarotti replaced the music on the PA system during time-outs. "It's only entertainment."

I wonder what Reggie White would've done if he was on the same field when Moss did that. Hmmmm.

And the so-called tradition at GB where the fans moon the opponents' busses? Great! Feel free to moon 'em back in the parking lot. Why take it to the national tv level?

Oh yeah, poor Randy. We single him out unfairly, no? I guess we single out RayLewis unfairly too when he struts like a dieing chicken. I guess we single out Ricky Williams unfairly too when he leaves his team dangling in the wind. I guess we single out Koren Robinson unfairly too when he can't follow simple team rules that the other 51 players can. Don't "poor Randy" me. With that doo(-doo) he had on his head, he WANTS the attention -- whether good or bad. The next player that runs over a traffic cop wannabee, squirts water at a ref, and takes 1/2 the plays off because he deservess it, then I'll do my part to ensure that player gets equal time.

So much talent; so little brains.

Let's see... The Bowflex commercials, the Coors "Twins" commercials, a highly-paid WR wiping his butt on the goalpost as an act of celebration...  Yeah, nothing wrong with it.  If it occurs as much as it does, I'm sure my 7-yr-old is thinking, "Well, if it occurs this much on tv, can it really be that bad?"  And I can only guess what my 7 yr old is doing on the busride to school the next day.  Or, someone else's 7 yr old, for that matter.

Your 7 yr old is your responsibility, not mine, nor anyone else who watches or programs network television. Certainly not Randy Moss' either.

Don't let him watch football if it bugs you. Don't make it less interesting for me.

Lets face it, after of all Moss' childish stunts this one is hardly surprising. As for the issue of "in front of all the kids"? Please. They see the same behavior in their school every day in most cases. And Randy's maturity level is right on par with those school kids.

Joe Buck went a little overboard. If he really thought it was that galling and he was so offended maybe he should have glossed over it instead of drawing attention to it and pontificating until the commercial break.

The NFL. Great theatre.

I haven't heard anyone mention that BEFORE the mooning Randy was into it big time with the fans behind the Vikes bench. I'm a pretty good lip reader and I saw Randy say, "Look at the mother@#$%& scoreboard!!!" about 3 times, shouting at the crowd. Randy is still on the playground in 5th grade, and he doesn't understand what all the fuss is all about. He is not in our world.

At least Ward shows respect for the game when he's on the field and conducts himself with a shred of class off of it.  Comparing him to Moss is WAY off base.

648746[/snapback]

Swerski, I wasn't comparing him to Ward, Menudo made the comparison to Harrison, Sanders, and Ward . I admire the way Hines plays, but c'mon don't you think there is a reason he was voted as one of the dirtiest players in the game. Out of 300+ past and present players I am sure the majority was not bothered only by his blocking. So I guess my question is does playing dirty really show that much respect for the game? :D

I haven't heard anyone mention that BEFORE the mooning Randy was into it big time with the fans behind the Vikes bench.  I'm a pretty good lip reader and I saw Randy say, "Look at the mother@#$%& scoreboard!!!" about 3 times, shouting at the crowd.  Randy is still on the playground in 5th grade, and he doesn't understand what all the fuss is all about.  He is not in our world.

648942[/snapback]

You think that doesn't happen with several NFL players in every stadium on every weekend throughout the year, and has been going on for years? Please people.

Taking a dump is one thing, cussing is another.

I haven't heard anyone mention that BEFORE the mooning Randy was into it big time with the fans behind the Vikes bench.  I'm a pretty good lip reader and I saw Randy say, "Look at the mother@#$%& scoreboard!!!" about 3 times, shouting at the crowd.  Randy is still on the playground in 5th grade, and he doesn't understand what all the fuss is all about.  He is not in our world.

648942[/snapback]

Very good point.

The spouse, kids & myself were watching the game and when the wife saw Randy saying what he did, easily reading his lips, she was pretty offended.

Don't think the kids caught it. At least I know the 8 year old didn't.

My 14 year old probably figured it out, but trust me, he hears and sees much worse at his middle school and he does not attend some inner city wasteland middle school either. Solid upper - middle class Magnet Middle School here in Atlanta.

Personally, I don't think very much of Randy Moss at all. Pretty low class, with little to no morals, type individual, if you ask me.

Great Football Player.....but as person, this guy is just trash!

You think that doesn't happen with several NFL players in every stadium on every weekend throughout the year, and has been going on for years? Please people.

648975[/snapback]

You have a point. But, you also have a point when it happens for the first time, and the argument is "It only happened once -- it's not like it happens all the time. So why get all worked up over it?"

There's no winning with you.

Taking a dump is one thing, cussing is another.

648975[/snapback]

Yes, I am well aware that it happens in every football stadium almost every week. My point was that Randy had himself worked up into a frenzy already, and nobody is even mentioning that situation which was just as bad if not worse than the arse wiping. But thanks for the education my man.

Your 7 yr old is your responsibility...

648940[/snapback]

Good point. I take that responsibility serioius. And part of that responsibility is speaking up, not sitting idly by and thinking this type of behavior doesn't affect the kids I'm responsible for.

BTW, luckily, we didn't observe RMoss lipping on the sidelines.

Great Football Player.....but as person, this guy is just trash!

648983[/snapback]

What exactly is it that gives us all as football fans the power to be so judgemental about another person. This is a G-A-M-E people there is really no need for everyone to start attacking anothers character, all of you in your perfect little worlds have no idea what goes on in this mans personal life, to judge someone by something such as this is just wrong.

Edited by Ziachild007

This is a G-A-M-E people...

649017[/snapback]

Ziachild0007, I have to respectfully disagree. It used to be just a game. It's no longer "just a game". Here's only one point. When I sit down to play a game of checkers with my son, the game board is not named "Heinz Stadium". Checkers is a game. NFL is not. Heck, college football is no longer a game, when coaches are getting multi-million contracts and incentives from alumni outpace the contracts.

Swerski, I wasn't comparing him to Ward, Menudo made the comparison to Harrison, Sanders, and Ward .  I admire the way Hines plays, but c'mon don't you think there is a reason he was voted as one of the dirtiest players in the game.  Out of 300+ past and present players I am sure the majority was not bothered only by his blocking.  So I guess my question is does playing dirty really show that much respect for the game?  :D

648966[/snapback]

So, this poll was based on opinions, rather than facts. How many times has Hines been penalized for personal fouls? I'd like to see more concrete evidence of Hines' alleged "dirty" play.

To answer your question, the NFL is much better represented by a "dirty" player like John Lynch than an a$$hole like Randy Moss.

To answer your question, the NFL is much better represented by a "dirty" player like John Lynch than an a$$hole like Randy Moss.

649042[/snapback]

I respect your opinion sir, but you are wrong.

So, this poll was based on opinions, rather than facts.  How many times has Hines been penalized for personal fouls?  I'd like to see more concrete evidence of Hines' alleged "dirty" play.

649042[/snapback]

But since you asked, here is at least one incident.

Gandy and Hines Ward, who has been fined $15,000 for two taunting penalties this season, complained that opponents can't even talk to each other anymore on the field without getting a penalty and a hefty fine.

Neither said much, but officials deemed their actions taunting nevertheless. Ward was fined $10,000 because it was his second taunting foul after he stood over a prone Earl Little of the Browns Nov. 11. Coach Bill Cowher admonished Ward for standing over Little after knocking him out and Ward apologized, but the Steelers' wide receiver said the officials apologized to him for calling a penalty when he barely said anything to Rod Woodson in Baltimore.

But since you asked, here is at least one incident.

Gandy and Hines Ward, who has been fined $15,000 for two taunting penalties this season, complained that opponents can't even talk to each other anymore on the field without getting a penalty and a hefty fine.

649064[/snapback]

Well, I wouldn't consider taunting to be "dirty" play. If that were the case, Golden Boy Brett would be "dirty" for all of those "choke" gestures he made at Sapp in the late '90s.