[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for this weeks lock

fantasyfanatic

I am in a pool with 300 other people. Currently I am 1st but I have to keep risking all my points to stay there. Each person is given 1000 points to gamble with against the spread. The top 3 are paid %60, %30 and %10. Who would you risk it all on?

Jets @ Pitt -9 (o/u 35)

Rams @ Atlanta -7 (o/u 48)

Indy @ New England -2 (o/u 51 1/2)

Minni @ Philly -8 1/2 (o/u 48 )

You can play the over/under or a team.

This is serious business folks....$20 a person times 300+ people........granted right now I am tied at the top with 11 others.

I have updated the oficial line we have to use. Our picks must be made today (1/13) Any new advise. I am really likeing Indy +2 or the under?

Edited by fantasyfanatic

No Doubt about it!!!!!!

Vikings + 9 1/2. As close to a LOCK as there is this week. All doubters see me after the gm. And no I am not a Vikes fan.

649423[/snapback]

Tell me why you feel this way? I saw a not so good Washington offense score on minne defence but minni "o" could nor score against a top 5 "d" ..... How come no one likes Indy getting points!

IMHO, I agree with Minny + the points is your best bet. Other than that probably Indy + the points but that is only 2.5 so that is almost a straight up. I really think Indy will win straight up but given there history there it is tough to lay it all down on them. I also think Pit. covers against the Jets, the Jets will be lucky to score 10 points. Atlanta and St. Louis could go either way, so St. Louis + the points is probably the way I would go.

Like I said before the strongest play is probably Minny +9.

After being off for over a month, I don't see how Philly will be able to come out and blow out anyone. Minnesota can score some points and the Washington defense they went against 2 weeks ago is even better than the Philly D. The Philly offense without TO will be much lower scoring.

Stay away from the Pit line if you can. Nine is alot of points for a defensive team with a rookie QB to be giving away. No way do the Jets win this game, and if you don't like a team straight up, you don't take them as the dog. The O/U is too close to call, as well. Pass.

IND/NE line is tight, don't like it. And they're calling for snow, maybe, so the total is dodgy, too. If anything, I like the Under.

Min/Phi ... tough. With Owens out, Moss hurt, I don't like the line, but the total sounds good. Of all the numbers you're facing, the Under is probably the best pick here.

StL/Atl ... strange line here. Martz can make or break a game, so playing the side is scary. But can Vick carry this team by himself in a playoff game? If you have to play this game, take St. L.

So, I like Min/Phi Under as your best bet.

Hope that helps.

Edited by xpanda

I have a hunch to take the OVER on the Jets/Steelers game.....all you need is a score like 21 - 14.......and I totally see that......The Jets ARE NOT going to get skunked.......Matter of fact I would argue that it will be the Jets 21 and the Steelers 14 at the very least.....I don't think this is going to be as defensive game as everyone thinks......

Minny with the points over Philly. Even IF Philly can win the game, the don't have the firepower to outscore Minny by that much.

Take the over in STL/ATL. St. Louis indoors will put up points. So will ATL. 'nuff said.

There fore Minni + the points should be an easy win?

649430[/snapback]

No, I think the UNDER is the easy win. My score is a conjecture that I'd rather not peg per team but rather as a total.

IMO the under, although taking 9 1/2 and the Vikes seems tempting.....

I have a hunch to take the OVER on the Jets/Steelers game.....all you need is a score like 21 - 14.......and I totally see that......The Jets ARE NOT going to get skunked.......Matter of fact I would argue that it will be the Jets 21 and the Steelers 14 at the very least.....I don't think this is going to be as defensive game as everyone thinks......

649588[/snapback]

When I saw the lines open, the 34O/U on this game really jumped out more than the others. This game could easily stay under with no defensive TDs....that said I wouldn't be suprised to see a couple of def. TDs and the game go over sometime in the 3rd quarter.

Edited by major-tom