[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss to Redskins?

T-Scorp

KFAN is discussing the idea of Moss to the Redskins for a #1 draft pick and Arrington. I guess this is a serious speculation. The Cap $s seem to fit and the skins have traded a top defensive player for a offensive player and a draft pick (Portis trade).

It would definitley help the Vikings D and with the pick maybe Mike Williams to help replace Moss.....

THIS IS JUST A RUMOR not trying to break news here.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moss should go to the raiders, he would fit right in.

KFAN is discussing the idea of Moss to the Redskins for a #1 draft pick and Arrington.  I guess this is a serious speculation.  The Cap $s seem to fit and the skins have traded a top defensive player for a offensive player and a draft pick (Portis trade). 

It would definitley help the Vikings D and with the pick maybe Mike Williams to help replace  Moss.....

THIS IS JUST A RUMOR not trying to break news here.

663493[/snapback]

I'd be shocked if this happened, even after LaVar's injury-plagued season.

Don't the Redskins need someone to throw the ball to Moss, or whoever they line up with 80's on their jersey?

I would speculate that there are a number of teams that need a talent like Moss, but only a few are desperate enough(OAK, MIA, CHI, JAX, or SF) , or have the coach with a God complex(DAL or TB).

If that trade happened, the Redskins would be robbing the Vikings BLIND.  Horrible trade.  And I don't even like Moss.

663962[/snapback]

I dunno, one of the local wags compared Moss to "The One Ring" from Lord of the Rings - the bearer won't give him up and believes he can turn the power to good, but in the end the ring WILL destroy him. I think it's closer to the truth than some might think.

As it stands, trading Moss right now for Pro Bowl level defensive talent and a high pick isn't the worst idea I've ever heard; the Vikes would still have a pretty decent WR corps (obviously less top-heavy) with Burleson, MRob, and Kelly Campbell (plus Wiggins and Kleinsasser at TE), and an elite defender like Arrington or Buchanon would shore up their UGLY defense - an area of need much greater than their offense, which proved this year it could hum along fairly well without Moss. Plus you have a high pick to spend on a young stud WR to replace Moss or more likely elite defensive talent. Plus you lose Moss' millstone of a contract and can get two mid-level players for depth (or again, defensive help).

Not to mention Moss' hammies have been acting balky in the past few seasons; might be nothing (Ike Bruce rebounded quite nicely from far more severe problems) but then again it might be something.

Bottom line - can it improve your team and what, precisely, have the Vikes won WITH Moss? They're currently 4 seasons removed from their last 10 win season and 6 years away from the last time they showed up to play in a conference championship (yes, they lost to the Giants in '00, but I don't consider a 41-0 pantsing to be "showing up").

I dunno, one of the local wags compared Moss to "The One Ring" from Lord of the Rings - the bearer won't give him up and believes he can turn the power to good, but in the end the ring WILL destroy him. I think it's closer to the truth than some might think.

As it stands, trading Moss right now for Pro Bowl level defensive talent and a high pick isn't the worst idea I've ever heard; the Vikes would still have a pretty decent WR corps (obviously less top-heavy) with Burleson, MRob, and Kelly Campbell (plus Wiggins and Kleinsasser at TE), and an elite defender like Arrington or Buchanon would shore up their UGLY defense - an area of need much greater than their offense, which proved this year it could hum along fairly well without Moss. Plus you have a high pick to spend on a young stud WR to replace Moss or more likely elite defensive talent. Plus you lose Moss' millstone of a contract and can get two mid-level players for depth (or again, defensive help).

Not to mention Moss' hammies have been acting balky in the past few seasons; might be nothing (Ike Bruce rebounded quite nicely from far more severe problems) but then again it might be something.

Bottom line - can it improve your team and what, precisely, have the Vikes won WITH Moss? They're currently 4 seasons removed from their last 10 win season and 6 years away from the last time they showed up to play in a conference championship (yes, they lost to the Giants in '00, but I don't consider a 41-0 pantsing to be "showing up").

664046[/snapback]

this team couldnt win anything with Cris Carter or Robert Smith(although Dennys clock management in the 98 nfc title game was partly to blame), both were far better than any complimentary players they have on offense

adding an elite defender would be ideal...and it would be nice to have a high pick to add a young stud receiver..but I dont see any receiver available in the draft that will be in Moss' class and I think they can get away withe lb corps of chris claiborne, ej henderson, and donatarious thomas. claibornes the oldest and hes 26.

I think they should take a look at fred smoot this offseason and take a defender at 18

this team couldnt win anything with Cris Carter or Robert Smith(although Dennys clock management in the 98 nfc title game was partly to blame), both were far better than any complimentary players they have on offense

664069[/snapback]

Herschel Walker was far better than ANY other player anywhere on the Cowboys in '88 but the trading of him seemed to work out for the best. Heck, even the Rams trade of Dickerson - possibly the best offensive player in the league at that point in time - to the Colts worked out to be, at worst, a wash. :D

(no, I am NOT bringing up the Walker trade to rub Vikings fans faces in that trade again; however, I'm not necessarily upset that it kinda works out that way)

If that trade happened, the Redskins would be robbing the Vikings BLIND.  Horrible trade.  And I don't even like Moss.

663962[/snapback]

I agree...Moss changes the dynamic of the game...no matter who is chunking the ball. Lavar Arrington and a number 1 pick are a risk for the Red Skins...but risk either pays or it doesn't. The AIN'TS tend to rely on the draft...it doesn't work out. The Vikes are dumb. :D

I dont think Gibbs would do it no matter how badly Snyder wanted him to. Plus, I think Lavar is going to make that defense insane next year. This year we had little to no pass rush. Lavar had 11 sacks one year coming off the edge.

663999[/snapback]

Washington's offense contained a great running back in which every Head Coach prepared for. Patrick Ramsey, Brunell, Warner who cares...throwing to Moss...it doesn't matter. He coupled with Portis and Smoot, and Springs...Gibbs is brilliant!

Edited by SuperBalla

Are people really THAT high on Arrington? I mean, I understand that Randy Moss is an idiot, but trading him for a linebacker is crazy. As for trading him for Buchanon, I wouldn't trade one of the best WR in the league for a position that has been neutered by the "emphasis" on the contact rule. It just doesn't make sense.

Very good comparison earlier with Moss and the ring, but I just wouldn't give up on him yet. That much talent is hard to come by.

Edited by CaptainHook

As for trading him for Buchanon, I wouldn't trade one of the best WR in the league for a position that has been neutered by the "emphasis" on the contact rule.  It just doesn't make sense.

664077[/snapback]

I'd argue that the emphasis on the contact rule makes a CB who can defend without chucking and grabbing all the more valuable. Not saying Buchanon is or is not on that level, just sayin'..... :D

I'd argue that the emphasis on the contact rule makes a CB who can defend without chucking and grabbing all the more valuable. Not saying Buchanon is or is not on that level, just sayin'..... :D

664080[/snapback]

I thought so too, until I saw Champ Bailey play this year. Bailey is exactly that kind of corner, but he was scorched several times this year. Don't get me wrong, Buchanon is one of my favorite young corners, but the postition has been de-emphasized.