[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this a good sigline or not?

steeler

I hope this doesn't sound like sour grapes or whatever Pats fans... but I'm just curious to know if a majority of people think this sigline that was hung on us Steeler fans is too long, and therefore loses something.

Siglines that are too long lose some punch IMO because if it's too long I ain't reading it more than one time. What good is hanging a sigline on someone if they are only going to read it once? I can't even remember what it says :D And it's too long to go back through it to refresh my memory. I prefer a shorter, harsher, sigline that has more chance of being re-read.... and thus, dredging up the misery of the loss, and the pain involved all over again. Plus, if the sigline is too long it's just unecessary clutter when I make a post (similar to the actual content of my posts... but still).

Maybe this would have been better as a poll, but it's too late now... Do you think...

shorter is better.

long is lovely.

I hope this doesn't sound like sour grapes or whatever Pats fans... but I'm just curious to know if a majority of people think this sigline that was hung on us Steeler fans is too long, and therefore loses something.

Siglines that are too long lose some punch IMO because if it's too long I ain't reading it more than one time.  What good is hanging a sigline on someone if they are only going to read it once?  I can't even remember what it says :D  And it's too long to go back through it to refresh my memory.  I prefer a shorter, harsher, sigline that has more chance of being re-read.... and thus, dredging up the misery of the loss, and the pain involved all over again.  Plus, if the sigline is too long it's just unecessary clutter when I make a post (similar to the actual content of my posts... but still).

Maybe this would have been better as a poll, but it's too late now... Do you think...

shorter is better.

long is lovely.

671360[/snapback]

It definitely lost something on me and my ADD...I didn't come CLOSE to reading it all...

671366[/snapback]

Absolutely. People are trying to be too cute in writing these disertations that few, if any, bother to read fully. IMO, it's much more difficult to create something that's both degrading and concise.

Agree with everyone else here - short and sweet, it's more effective because more people read it, making it more memorable. And it is harder to construct that way.

I think a simple "Triple Yoi My Ass" would have been at least as effective as the novel you are currently carrying around.

my opionion on sig-line bets compliments my opinion on Free Leagues.

That being said, I move that all sigline bets be required to be in the form of haiku poetry.

17 syllables (5,7,5), short, sweet.

If you can't get your message in this limit, your gay sigline shouldn't be used anyway.

Let's add some class to this f'n place.

For example:

Marvin picks Palmer

Naysayers don't like the choice

In Marvin We Trust

If a sig's over a couple lines long, I ignore it.

671560[/snapback]

Great, I just changed my sigline to a couple of exchanges from Vacation...for y'alls entertainment nonetheless.

Longer than a couple of lines, but quick reading as well!

Siglines that are too long lose some punch IMO because if it's too long I ain't reading it more than one time.  What good is hanging a sigline on someone if they are only going to read it once?  I can't even remember what it says :D  And it's too long to go back through it to refresh my memory.  I prefer a shorter, harsher, sigline that has more chance of being re-read.... and thus, dredging up the misery of the loss, and the pain involved all over again.  Plus, if the sigline is too long it's just unecessary clutter when I make a post (similar to the actual content of my posts... but still).

shorter is better.

long is lovely.

671360[/snapback]

I'm not going to read all of that crap. Jesus, it looks like one of Skins' posts.

I'm not going to read all of that crap.  Jesus, it looks like one of Skins' posts.

672054[/snapback]

Oh man JJ, you nailed it!! :D

Sig lines should be short and succinct....like H8's posts!! :D