[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Jackson in 2005

Liverlips

What kind of numbers will he be able to put up in Martz's Oprahed up system. Could be nice. top 10 pick? 1350-12 TD's. Whatya think? :D

701092[/snapback]

I don't think he'd be a top 10 pick but I could see him getting picked up in the 2nd for sure. This guy is a beast when he gets the ball and he definitely has the potential to put up great numbers.

i dont think Jackson will put up huge numbers under Martz unless he catches the ball more. I do like him a lot and i think 1200 yards, 8 total is more in his range

:edit to add:he will go in the second round for most except maybe first in a 12 or 14 person league

Edited by seminoles

i dont think Jackson will put up huge numbers under Martz unless he catches the ball more. I do like him a lot and i think 1200 yards, 8 total is more in his range

701108[/snapback]

I agree, Martz runs the ball too erratically to count on Jackson as a #1, even though he would probably perform like one if given the chance. Faulk is a great receiver so even though he clearly is on the downslope of his career, I'd bet he'll still get plenty of opportunity on passing downs.

How much of Martz's dis-interest in running the ball was related to Faulk's health and the belief that he didn't have a worthwhile backup?

I seem to remember Faulk putting up HUGE numbers a few years ago...when Martz was calling the plays...

Did I miss something?

How much of Martz's dis-interest in running the ball was related to Faulk's health and the belief that he didn't have a worthwhile backup?

I seem to remember Faulk putting up HUGE numbers a few years ago...when Martz was calling the plays...

Did I miss something?

701924[/snapback]

Faulk never put up huge numbers on the ground. He never even had a 1400 yard rushing season, his frequent use in the passing game is what led to his numbers being huge.

we know that Faulk is still going to be in the picture. He may not even get hurt until late in the season :D I have a hard time picking a back that I KNOW is going to be sharing the load in the first round. There will be Rams homers that will take him earlier than most but can still see people taking him later in the first because of people wanting to jump on the potential.

I took him late in a Dynasty draft last year expecting this...and then used the idea of this to talk someone into trading me for him.

Did I miss something?

701924[/snapback]

Martz ... blah ...

Did I miss something?

701924[/snapback]

If Martz didn't even think that Jackson was a worthwhile back up during the season, then what has happened since the season ended to convince Martz to make him the starter?

The sad truth is that Martz abandons the run as soon as his team is behind in the score, even if by only 1 point. So as good as Jackson is, it will be hard to rely on him getting carries next year. He may get 20-25 one week and 10 the next. That is not a good thing if you are looking at someone as a #1 RB in FF. Especially when you couple that stat with the vulturing that Faulk will be doing.

And as far as you missing something, I would say if you are defending Martz's coaching style then you have missed a whole lot. The guys an egotistical tool.

I rode Faulk to a couple of Championships and followed him since his SDSU days (I am an SDSU alumnus).

It was a bit sad to hear the news confirming that another warrior is finally going where all great warriors eventually do.

Thanx Marshal, it was a he[[ of a ride :D

anybody else concerned about the number of times he got hurt this year?

701210[/snapback]

Definitely knawing at me in the back of my mind. He's my one Keeper that we're allowed in my local and the "Fast & Furious" offense of Mad Mike Martz, coupled with the dings he suffered this year, have me thinking I'll need to spend a coupla' high picks on other RB's to go along with him. Not something I really want to have to do, but it's there in the back of mind.