[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warner to the Cards? Same old AZ...

Swampnuts

Just reading a bit on Sportsline about the Cards possibly signing Kurt Warner this week.

Josh McCown signed a tender offer for next year, and the Henry deal is looking good to go through.

Why sign Warner?? Anyone out there think Warner can still get it done? With Fitz, Boldin, Johnson, and Henry in the backfield it may be possible.

He would bring the veteran presence under center that Denny Green wants, and with the cellar defenses in the NFC West he may cut down on the turnovers.

I'd rather see them take Brad Johnson myself.

Just reading a bit on Sportsline about the Cards possibly signing Kurt Warner this week.

Josh McCown signed a tender offer for next year, and the Henry deal is looking good to go through.

Why sign Warner?? Anyone out there think Warner can still get it done? With Fitz, Boldin, Johnson, and Henry in the backfield it may be possible.

He would bring the veteran presence under center that Denny Green wants, and with the cellar defenses in the NFC West he may cut down on the turnovers.

I'd rather see them take Brad Johnson myself.

713340[/snapback]

I'll wait and see on this one. Warner was great, not just good when he was on top of his game. AZ has had a big, beefy O-line for a couple years now, but they always seem to underproduce. They have great WR's, especially if Boldin comes back 100% from last year's injury, which he should. And, to me, the capper is Denny Green was the guy who revitalized the careers of QBs like of Randall Cunningham, Brad Johnson and Jeff George. Could be one of those fantasy bonanzas just waiting to happen. :D

Tell you what AZ.....you take garcia and let us here in Detroit have Warner....uh oh, wait a sec. I'm actually moving to AZ in June so forget it!!

713487[/snapback]

So you are in Grunges' BoTH league?

I lived there about 8 years ago as well and it was painful. Mostly because of the black out rules by the NFL, but also because Bidwell was such a cheapskate. Everytime we went to a game, AZ seemed like the away team.

This Warner move doesn't seem that bad. If they can also land Henry and somehow get that O-line to play up to par, they could be good. (There I said it).

The D seemed to have some potential last year, so who knows. Maybe a winning season might actually be in store for the Valley of the Sun!!!

I watched almost all of Warner's plays last year with the Giants. He was okay - average at best.

However, the Giants have a dreadful O-Line and no recievers. Those happen to be the Cards two strengths. I think it's a good situation for him - especially with Denny Green. If he ends up there, I'd take him on my fantasy team - but only as a backup.

I watched almost all of Warner's plays last year with the Giants. He was okay - average at best.

However, the Giants have a dreadful O-Line and no recievers. Those happen to be the Cards two strengths. I think it's a good situation for him - especially with Denny Green. If he ends up there, I'd take him on my fantasy team - but only as a backup.

716065[/snapback]

I think he'd be a decent backup with alot of potential to surprise people during the season. Who knows he could end up making your starting QB decision every week tough. Depending of course who your #1 really is.

• 3 years later...