[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warren Sapp's soul stinks

Hitman

From KFFL:

Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:33:08 -0700

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports Carolina Panthers DT Kris Jenkins addressed the media Thursday, June 2 on a variety of subjects including Oakland Raiders DT Warren Sapp. Jenkins has been feuding with Sapp. "I hate him," Jenkins said of Sapp. "Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all. But I hate him. He talks too much. He doesn't make any sense. He's fat. He's sloppy. He acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly. He stinks. His mouth stinks. His breath stinks and basically, his soul stinks, too. Too many people can't have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it. I guess because he's big and he went to Miami." Jenkins said after a loss to Sapp and the Oakland Raiders last season he turned to alcohol to get over the loss. Jenkins admitted his shoulder injury at first led to some tough times in his life. In hindsight, Jenkins said the injury may have helped him as a player and a person.

:D I don't really care for Sapp either, but dude ...let it go.

From KFFL:

Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:33:08 -0700

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports Carolina Panthers DT Kris Jenkins addressed the media Thursday, June 2 on a variety of subjects including Oakland Raiders DT Warren Sapp. Jenkins has been feuding with Sapp. "I hate him," Jenkins said of Sapp. "Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all. But I hate him. He talks too much. He doesn't make any sense. He's fat. He's sloppy. He acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly. He stinks. His mouth stinks. His breath stinks and basically, his soul stinks, too. Too many people can't have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it. I guess because he's big and he went to Miami." Jenkins said after a loss to Sapp and the Oakland Raiders last season he turned to alcohol to get over the loss. Jenkins admitted his shoulder injury at first led to some tough times in his life. In hindsight, Jenkins said the injury may have helped him as a player and a person.

...just what SAPP wants to hear...he thrives on this stuff. Don't give him the recognition and he will fad away.

...just what SAPP wants to hear...he thrives on this stuff.  Don't give him the recognition and he will fad away.

830195[/snapback]

Yeah, Sapp's kinda like that bully in school that does everything to get attention. And, just like the school bully, if Jenkins just ignored Sapp he would go away.

Edited by Chargerz

Sapp: once a great, dominant player who's apparently decided to make up for his declining skills with schtick. Currently, he reminds me of Tony Fatagusa.

Jenkins needs to shut his mouth and play football. Why run your mouth to the media and stoop to Sapps level? This is exactly what Sapp wants. Jenkins definitly has a step on Sapp now but I would take Sapp in his prime then Jenkins anyday.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

Sapp: once a great, dominant player who's apparently decided to make up for his declining skills with schtick. Currently, he reminds me of Tony Fatagusa.

830231[/snapback]

Goose is a low level hero in Baltimore. He was part of our awsome D, played a bit hurt in 2001 and then retired before it got too bad (during the purge after the 2001 offseason).

He played until he was obviously breaking down, but he played great until the end.

Goose is a low level hero in Baltimore.  He was part of our awsome D, played a bit hurt in 2001 and then retired before it got too bad (during the purge after the 2001 offseason).

He played until he was obviously breaking down, but he played great until the end.

830497[/snapback]

Glad to see you can love a former Colt. Siragusa is a great guy. I've met him several times.

The morning sports radio show has been all over this topic this morning. They are almost writing it off that Jenkins' was "joking".

All the Carolina front four despise Sapp, and they have ever since called out Buckner and the entire line two years ago.

Glad to see you can love a former Colt.  Siragusa is a great guy.  I've met him several times.

830518[/snapback]

If Harbaugh had done anything, I'd have liked him too.

Don't have anything against the players, just the idea. Maybe if the Colts move again you'll 'feel my pain' so to speak.

What is up with the new stadium deal? Anything official yet?

Goose is a low level hero in Baltimore.  He was part of our awsome D, played a bit hurt in 2001 and then retired before it got too bad (during the purge after the 2001 offseason).

830497[/snapback]

Oh, I can see why Baltimore folk would love him, and he may be a great guy, but watching him hold court during interviews and on Hard Knocks - he comes across as just a loudmouth.

Just my opinion, but I always though Sapp talked a much bigger game than he actually played. I think he was & still is way overrated & benefitted for too long from a great supporting cast in Tampa. Only now that he's in Oakland does it truly show. But I gotta say as well, jenkins should just shut his pie-hole & let Sapp look like an ass on his own.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I just read somewhere a day or so ago that Jenkins showed up for camp overweight? And he's calling Sapp fat? :D Doubtless he's on the mark about the rest of it, but that was a little silly. :D

Just my opinion, but I always though Sapp talked a much bigger game than he actually played. I think he was & still is way overrated & benefitted for too long from a great supporting cast in Tampa. Only now that he's in Oakland does it truly show. But I gotta say as well, jenkins should just shut his pie-hole & let Sapp look like an ass on his own.

830925[/snapback]

Sapp has slowly been on the decline since 2000 (the last time that had 50 tackles or double-digit sacks), so his measley output in Oakland last year isn't a surprise. I'm not sure I'd say that he was "way overrated." One could argue that he had already lost a step last season and that a comparison of what he did in '04 to what he did from '96-'00 isn't really valid. Agreed that he did benefit from his supporting cast in TB, but his career sack numbers are still tremendous for a DT. He was also the anchor of that Bucs defenses that dominated from '96 until he left and that absolutely destroyed the Raiders in SB 37, giving TB its one and only Lombardi Trophy. Put all of that together and, IMO, he's HOF material.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Sapp has slowly been on the decline since 2000 (the last time that had 50 tackles or double-digit sacks), so his measley output in Oakland last year isn't a surprise.  I'm not sure I'd say that he was "way overrated."  One could argue that he had already lost a step last season and that a comparison of what he did in '04 to what he did from '96-'00 isn't really valid.  Agreed that he did benefit from his supporting cast in TB, but his career sack numbers are still tremendous for a DT.  He was also the anchor of that Bucs defenses that dominated from '96 until he left and that absolutely destroyed the Raiders in SB 37, giving TB its one and only Lombardi Trophy.  Put all of that together and, IMO, he's HOF material.

830948[/snapback]

You are absolutly right. Do I like the fact that he talks alot of crap and runs out on the field like he owns the place? Absolutly not, but was he ever "over-rated" while in his prime, no way in hell. For a 5 year period he was unstoppable, just ask Steve Young (Link). Sapp was even Defensive player of the year. Him, John Lynch, and Derrick Brooks transformed Tampa from the laughing stock of the NFL to Superbowl Champions. Personally I think he is HOF material but it would not surprise me if he didn't get in.

The beef that Jenkins has is when Sapp called out the Panthers D-Line. Sapp was just trying to get a rise out of them and play towards the media, which he always does. Jenkins will never be the type of player Sapp was in his prime. He can talk all the crap he wants, he is just jealous.

Funny somewhat related story.

Sapp, picking the Panthers over the Pats in SB XXXVIII because of the Panthers front line, also mocked former Buc Russ Hochstein who was forced to start for the injured Damian Woody.......

On Pardon the Interruption, Sapp jabbed Hochstein by suggesting he couldn't block either Tony Kornheiser or Michael Wilbon, the co-hosts, let alone the defensive line of the Panthers.

The much hyped Panthers d-line was completely shut down that game.

In Michael Holly's book, the Patriot Reign, Holly says that Sapp was at the Patriots Post Game party at the hotel, and a slightly buzzed Hochstein saw Sapp, and said "hey Sapp, you fat fu@k!!!".

Pretty funny stuff.

Edited by charty