[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More FF Mags this Year?

MikesVikes

I've noticed quite a shelf full of Football magazines at the local Barnes & Noble already this year. Looks like many of the Publishers are going to spit out more than one of these this year.

Obviously the demand is there, whether you like to use these mags or not. Just wait until those dudes come to your drafts with the May version of the rankings this year. :D

If you print it, they will come...

I think last year one guy in one of my leagues must have had a magazine from 1995 - he ended up with both Emmit Smith and Jerry Rice on his team.

I was waiting for him to pick Warren Moon and Barry Sanders too, but I guess he thought those guys he was already taken.

I think last year one guy in one of my leagues must have had a magazine from 1995 - he ended up with both Emmit Smith and Jerry Rice on his team.

I was waiting for him to pick Warren Moon and Barry Sanders too, but I guess he thought those guys he was already taken.

831423[/snapback]

Thurman Thomas all the way baby. The ONLY real choice for 1.1. :w00t:

I wasn't really criticizing the people that buy FF magazines. It was just an observation that the magazine editors are ejecting more information out onto the shelves sooner this year.

None of these early editions mention anything about bringing their mag to any FF draft. It appears that they are only filling a demand of people wanting to read more information and not less. It looks like many of these magazine editors are going to print many more than one edition this year.

If people will buy these things, than who is to blame the people that print it?

I can't believe anyone buys these things. Only a newb :D would bring a mag to a draft! :D

831432[/snapback]

Buying a mag and bringing it to your draft are two very different things. I buy one or two because they come out in May/June and as is evidenced by the ghosttown that is the Huddle forum this time of year, May/June is not a good time to get info. Truth is I'm ready to start and have been for a few weeks now so I'm going to find FF info where ever I can get it. If a mag fills that need, so be it.

I wasn't really criticizing the people that buy FF magazines.  It was just an observation that the magazine editors are ejecting more information out onto the shelves sooner this year. If people will buy these things, than who is to blame the people that print it?

832203[/snapback]

Can't argue with that. That's capitalism at its finest! It's just that a magazine takes so long to make that it is almost obsolete by the time it hits the shelf. The weeklies are a good resourse, but again I prefer the internet information that changes with the latest developments. Really serious FF owners will tend to shun magazines (although I might buy one this year just for bedtime reading :D ; it beats reading medical journals! :D )

Edited by Chargerz

I have to agree, and an idiot newb would bring a mag to a draft, but I see nothing wrong with buying them. Sometimes I think the tools that bring them to a draft were contributing editors! But, they can have some good info, especially for OC and DC changes, and how those coaches might affect some teams, along with some interesting strategy articles. They have some trend studies that are neat. But, at a draft? :D

I've played FF for nine years, and I bring a fantasy mag to practically every draft/auction I attend--not to use the intel, but for the player lists. But hey, if someone thinks I'm a "newb" just because of something I bring to the draft, I'll do it every time. I'd much rather they underestimate my knowledge and experience than vice versa.

831423[/snapback]

That's the funniest shyt I've read in awhile! Thanks for the laugh :D:D:D

I buy one magazine. I use it for draft preparation and compare cheetsheets. Some magazines update their cheatsheets on the internet thoughout the summer and training camp. It doesn't hurt to have enough information, it always hurts not having enough.

Edit: I don't bring them to a draft, I make my own cheetsheets and am usually always prepared for a draft.

Edited by Outshined