[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst Pick: 3rd Pick

playsccr

nonkeeper, 12 teams. start 1qb,2rb,2wr,te, flex...6 points for all tds including passing..

i belive that lt and alexander will be gone so im stuck with manning, holmes, edge i guess...

i hate taking qbs early, holmes always is hurt and i had edge last yr and he was boring...

any suggestions...

fyi my league rules:

FG - Field Goals 3 points

Plus 2 points for a FG of 50+ Yds

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -2 points

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points

PaInt - Passing Interception -2 points

PaTD - Passing TD 6 points

Plus 3 points for a PaTD of 60 to 99 Yds

PaYd - Passing Yards 00 - 150 PaYds = 4 points for every 150 PaYds

151 - 700 PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

Plus 3 points for a ReTD of 60 to 99 Yds

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

Plus 3 points for a RuTD of 60 to 99 Yds

RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

XP - Extra Points 1 point

the way I see it you have two studs at RB...LT and Alexander...

after that there are about 10 in the next tier....I would be happy with just about any combo of those 10 guys as my 1 and 2...

or even 1 with a receiver...

either way, if you can trade down you will get the backs you want and not waste the 3rd pick on them...

With your rules, this is a no brainer, Manning all the way.

Currently, I have 25 RB's that I have projected as potentially being top 10 producers this year. I've never seen the RB pool so deep or so dangerous. I have a feeling there will be a lot of pleasant surprises and a lot of busts this year at that position.

With your rules, this is a no brainer, Manning all the way. 

Currently, I have 25 RB's that I have projected as potentially being top 10 producers this year.  I've never seen the RB pool so deep or so dangerous.  I have a feeling there will be a lot of pleasant surprises and a lot of busts this year at that position.

848054[/snapback]

care to post your list

In no particular order...

S. Alexander, L. Tomlinson, T. Barber, C. Martin, D. Davis, C. Dillon, E. James, P. Holmes, R. Johnson, W. McGahee, B. Westbrook, C. Portis, A. Green, D. McAllister, K. Jones, C. Brown, J. Lewis, F. Taylor, K. Barlow, J. Jones, M. Faulk, Micahael Bennett, S. Jackson, T. Bell, and L. Jordan.

That's not even taking rookies like Benson, Brown, Williams, and Arrington into account.

S. Alexander, L. Tomlinson, T. Barber, C. Martin, D. Davis, C. Dillon, E. James, P. Holmes, R. Johnson, W. McGahee, B. Westbrook, C. Portis, A. Green, D. McAllister, K. Jones, C. Brown, J. Lewis, F. Taylor, K. Barlow, J. Jones, M. Faulk, Micahael Bennett, S. Jackson, T. Bell, and  L. Jordan.

That's not even taking rookies like Benson, Brown, Williams, and Arrington into account.

848109[/snapback]

M. Faulk?

manning if he is there for you.... with 6 pts for passing td's take it.

most of us have suggested this route. if you want to go with holmes or something else do it. it's your team, do with it as you choose. we can only offer advice

In the only league that I've drafted in so far, I was at 1.3 in a 12 team league. Yup, took Manning. I just felt that taking Manning there, while somewhat risky, gave my team the best chance to win. I don't mind doing this in one league, but I would not want to face this choice any more, either.

This started out as a mock IDP redraft, but we decided to play it out as a league.

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2005/o...ns?L=60808&O=17

The First D player taken was in the third. With the infusion of the rookies this year, the RB pool is deeper. That makes it a bit easier to take Manning early, IMHO. Some RB's like Staley and Foster lasted quite late, as owners started a huge IDP run in the 5th round.

exactly, with 6 for passing Td's, you'd better take Manning and laugh all the way to the bank...

847954[/snapback]

With your scoring system, you have to take Manning, or trade down. If you trade down, make sure you get value, otherwise take Manning. Personally, if I couldn't get a steal of a deal in a trade, I'd take Manning.

S. Alexander, L. Tomlinson, T. Barber, C. Martin, D. Davis, C. Dillon, E. James, P. Holmes, R. Johnson, W. McGahee, B. Westbrook, C. Portis, A. Green, D. McAllister, K. Jones, C. Brown, J. Lewis, F. Taylor, K. Barlow, J. Jones, M. Faulk, Micahael Bennett, S. Jackson, T. Bell, and  L. Jordan.

848109[/snapback]

Please tell me you are kidding by including K. Barlow on that list of good backs !!!

He sucks ..plain and simple.