[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whose # 2 and 3

The Stoner

Guest THEbigred
I know LT is a lock for most drafts at # 1. Whose coming off next and whose after him. I say Shaun Alexander. What do you guys say?

855020[/snapback]

Normal/typical scoring systems, certainly Alexander is the no-brainer 1.02. The 1.03 gets dicier.....Holmes and EJ are the 2 most common from what I gather. You feel a little more adventurous, maybe McGhee.

Me personally, I go like this...

1. LT

2. Alexander

3. Holmes (although I had him last year and he killed me when he went out)

4. If I get this spot, and those 3 are gone, Im taking McGahee here.

Yeah Im a Bills fan, but I see big things this year with him.

I believe LT/Alexander are the safest 1/2 however you like them. I have a hard time with a QB(Manning) in the first, especially early, and don't believe he can duplicate his 2004 numbers like many seem to be counting on. I didn't like Priest as a 1st rounder last year and still don't due to the obvious risk involved. McGahee is still a wait and see guy as far as I'm concerned as I'm not in love with his situation. What it basically comes down to for me is either Edge or Deuce. It's a coin flip between the two but most of the time the coin in my head lands on Deuce. They got away from him a bit last season and have apparently realized what a mistake it was. I really like where the Saints are going as far as he is concerned. He may be the #1 RB in FF this year.

I think your top 3 are:

1. LT

2. Alexander

3. Edge

then

4. Holmes

5. Manning

855044[/snapback]

I'm not sold on Edge. He took a backseat to the Air Manning show last year. I think a good rebound pick coming back is Portis. I know, I know...too unpredictable. But with Jansen healthy, a second year in the system, and QBBC, Portis could get the load and Gibbs could make it work. I see it this way:

1. LT

2. Alexander

3. Deuce

4. Martin

5. McGahee

6. Holmes and a handcuff

7. Portis

8. Manning

9. Edge

10. Dillon

I'm not sold on Edge. He took a backseat to the Air Manning show last year. I think a good rebound pick coming back is Portis. I know, I know...too unpredictable. But with Jansen healthy, a second year in the system, and QBBC, Portis could get the load and Gibbs could make it work. I see it this way:

1. LT

2. Alexander

3. Deuce

4. Martin

5. McGahee

6. Holmes and a handcuff

7. Portis

8. Manning

9. Edge

10. Dillon

855076[/snapback]

Martin as in Curtis @ number 4. No Kareem Mac to block. I don't know about that one

1. LT

2. Alexander

3. Deuce

4. Martin

5. McGahee

6. Holmes and a handcuff

7. Portis

8. Manning

9. Edge

10. Dillon

855076[/snapback]

Interesting that Tiki doesn't cut the top 10. He was dead even with Alexander and LT last year in my leagues (which are run of the mill performance scoring leagues). Hasn't earned the trust yet I guess. I would probably put him ahead of Portis, Holmes, Cumar and maybe Edge. The dude has serious receiving skills to boot. He did this with a rookie QB most of the year too.

Interesting that Tiki doesn't cut the top 10.  He was dead even with Alexander and LT last year in my leagues (which are run of the mill performance scoring leagues).  Hasn't earned the trust yet I guess.  I would probably put him ahead of Portis, Holmes, Cumar and maybe Edge.  The dude has serious receiving skills to boot.  He did this with a rookie QB most of the year too.

855079[/snapback]

Good points all. But he has yet to convince me that he won't also put it on the carpet. With rookie Brandon Jacobs ( younger and bigger Bettis-like vulture) waiting for the red zone carries, I am not sure he will get the TDs as he has in the past. The Ron Dayne Experience is, mercifully, over. Looks like more Thunder and Lightning though.

Martin as in Curtis @ number 4. No Kareem Mac to block. I don't know about that one

855078[/snapback]

Every year, I say that Cumar is washed up. And, traditionally, he has been very good. I have to give it to him--and he did beat Alexander for the rushing title last year. Thus his high ranking in my book.

But he has yet to convince me that he won't also put it on the carpet.

855081[/snapback]

That was two years ago. Barber only lost 2 fumbles in 2004. Less than Alexander 3, Dillon 4, D. Davis 4, Portis 4, R. Johnson 4, Deuce 4, Chris Brown 4, Pittman 6 :D.

Good point about Jacobs, potentially.

Why am I all of a sudden president of the Tiki Barber fan club :D

That was two years ago.  Barber only lost 2 fumbles in 2004.  Less than Alexander 3, Dillon 4, D. Davis 4, Portis 4, R. Johnson 4, Deuce 4, Chris Brown 4, Pittman 6 :D.

Good point about Jacobs, potentially. 

Why am I all of a sudden president of the Tiki Barber fan club :D

855085[/snapback]

I do recall that he was better holding on to the ball last season. But in 122 games, he has lost the ball 49 times and recovered it 20 of those times. Now, by contrast, Alexander's career numbers so far: 80 games, 18 fumbles. He has lost 0. Dillon: 122 games, 25 fumbles. Pittman: 101 and 29.(Coincidentally, I think Pittman is marginal on his best day.)

I tried to choose players who have been around for a similar number of seasons to draw my conclusions. I'd have to go with Tiki at 11 on my board.

The problem I see with the fumbling (aside from the fact that it a$$ends your team's drive) is that it kills FF points. If he's my back and he's coughing up the ball (and losing it) I'm not a happy camper. Thus the tradeoff--if he's hanging onto the ball, he can be a producer. But if he's dropping it, I get doughnuts that week. I like more consistent numbers from my #1 backs. But hey, I like Portis this year, so what the hell do I know? :doah:

Edited by Ruffian

There is always one.........

1. Alexander --- Something to prove this year.

2. Tomlinson -- Passing Game could hurt him, but then again, I think Rivers by Mid-season which means 8 in the box

3. McAllister --- Healthy, and has an improved O-Line this year

4. James -- Lazy off-season attitude, plus lack of goal-line ability. Still dammm good though

5. Jewis -- Healthy, QB is Boller, and he plays the Browns, twice

6. J. Jones --- Parcells will run him into the ground this year. Jones and Witten will perform like Gates and LT last year

7. K. Jones --- The Lions first run attack since Barry Sanders. Defenses will be fearing the passing game, and Jones will eat them up

8. Jordan---Out from the shadow of Martin and no one on the Raiders can challenge. He's the secret weapon not Moss

9. McGahee--- Fallen from top five because of the Rookie QB, he's still good, he will still put up points, but not like last year.

10. Holmes --- One hit away from retirement, until he quits fading midseason, Fu@k his cripple a$$

Yep, there is always one odd duck.......

I'm not sold on Edge. He took a backseat to the Air Manning show last year.

855076[/snapback]

You are nuts to bump Edge down that far. Even taking a "backseat" he managed 1,548 yards rushing with 9 TD's. Then he had 483 yards receiving on 51 catches. Putting Martin, Portis, and McGahee ahead of him is nuts. Barring injury, Edge will have double digit TD's this year. Book it.

4. James -- Lazy off-season attitude, plus lack of goal-line ability. Still dammm good though

855179[/snapback]

Small correction: By "lazy off-season attitude" I assume you are referring to his lack of participation in the Colts off-season camps. Edge never has shown up for those. He is one of the Miami guys who stays and works his tail off in South Florida. He always shows up to training camp in incredible shape. One bad year at the goal line does not mean he lacks "goal-line ability". He used to be money down there. He will be back to his old self this year. Watch and see.

Edited by CaptainHook

I do recall that he was better holding on to the ball last season. But in 122 games, he has lost the ball 49 times and recovered it 20 of those times.  Now, by contrast, Alexander's career numbers so far: 80 games, 18 fumbles. He has lost 0. Dillon: 122 games, 25 fumbles. Pittman: 101 and 29.(Coincidentally, I think Pittman is marginal on his best day.)

I  tried to choose players who have been around for a similar number of seasons to draw my conclusions. I'd have to go with Tiki at 11 on my board.

855091[/snapback]

This is one of those times when looking at historical numbers might be deceiving. Tiki carried the ball the same way from high school through the 2003 season...like a loaf of bread, as they say. It was well documented last year that he had worked with a coach in the offseason specifically to adjust his handle on the ball to alleviate his fumbling problem. It worked.

I have a really good feeling about Portis last year. Offensive line was horrible last year and should be much improved, Gibbs has always loved to run/control the football (showed that again last year), and should have the same QB all year.

Top RBs IMO

#1 C. Portis

#2 L. Tomlinson

#3 P. Holmes

#4 S. Alexander

#5 E. James

#6 J. Lewis

#7 D. McAllister

Possible sleeper ~ Bennett if he stays healthy.

I do recall that he was better holding on to the ball last season. But in 122 games, he has lost the ball 49 times and recovered it 20 of those times.  Now, by contrast, Alexander's career numbers so far: 80 games, 18 fumbles. He has lost 0. :doah:

855091[/snapback]

Don't beleive everything you read at nflcom. Do you really beleive someone could fumble 18 times & not lose 1 of them?

For the record Alexander lost 13 of those fumbles.

did I miss something?....why is McAllister #3 on alot of boards now?...

granted, he was #3 on my board last year and I think he'll bounce back...

I like the fact that I could land him around #6 or #7 and still get a very nice #2...

or even possibly land him late in the 1st....

You are nuts to bump Edge down that far.  Even taking a "backseat" he managed 1,548 yards rushing with 9 TD's.  Then he had 483 yards receiving on 51 catches.    Putting Martin, Portis, and McGahee ahead of him is nuts.  Barring injury, Edge will have double digit TD's this year.  Book it.

855220[/snapback]

I might very well be crazy (and for the record, I concur) but I had Manning last year. If it ain't broke--and rarely did that offense sputter--then don't fix it. I'm not saying Edge isn't good, not am I saying he won't get his touches. But Manning's the center of that offense.