[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many huddlers from NC?

Swampnuts

In and out through the year, south of Wilimington and Carrboro when in, Pa. when out.

When here in Pa I still have to tell them the name is The Mighty Panthers, sheesh ya think they would have got it by nowjavascript:emoticon(':D')

smiliejavascript:emoticon(':D')

smilie

Edited by hapicamp

Guest THEbigred

Thinking about moving to NC. Any thoughts on what's good/not good about diff. cities or areas near em appreciated. Raleigh and Charlotte are the top 2 contenders (mostly due to job avail).

I am also considering a move to NC in the next couple of years. I'm kicking a few options around but the Asheville area is in the top 5 destinations. I need some twisty roads for the bike and they got em there for sure!

Thinking about moving to NC.  Any thoughts on what's good/not good about diff. cities or areas near em appreciated.  Raleigh and Charlotte are the top 2 contenders (mostly due to job avail).

872368[/snapback]

I live in Charlotte and NAU Grad lives in Raleigh. Charlotte is a nice city for the most part. It reminds me of Minny/St.Paul or Denver in size and downtown area. What is it you do for a living?? The cost of living in Charlotte is going up pretty rapidly. (for the nice areas). Asheville is a great city, it would be my choice if I was moving tomorrow.

I live in Charlotte and NAU Grad lives in Raleigh. Charlotte is a nice city for the most part. It reminds me of Minny/St.Paul or Denver in size and downtown area.  What is it you do for a living??  The cost of living in Charlotte is going up pretty rapidly. (for the nice areas).  Asheville is a great city, it would be my choice if I was moving tomorrow.

873330[/snapback]

You bet. Asheville reminds me of Flagstaff. Great city. Raleigh is okay as long as your well into your family life. If your single, good luck.

Charlotte I think is a nicer downtown than Raleigh, but more traffic and a higher population as well. Actually now that I think of it...you don't want to come here, we have enough YANKEES already!!!!! :D

You bet.  Asheville reminds me of Flagstaff.  Great city.  Raleigh is okay as long as your well into your family life.  If your single, good luck.

Charlotte I think is a nicer downtown than Raleigh, but more traffic and a higher population as well.  Actually now that I think of it...you don't want to come here, we have enough YANKEES already!!!!!  :D

873839[/snapback]

True, very true! The downtown Charlotte scene is pretty good, there's a ton of younger people moving into the downtown area.

Oh and by the way.... Jacks Suck!! Go Griz!

I am also considering a move to NC in the next couple of years. I'm kicking a few options around but the Asheville area is in the top 5 destinations. I need some twisty roads for the bike and they got em there for sure!

872375[/snapback]

Asheville is beautiful, you'd love it. My fiance lives down the road in Hickory.

Hey fellas,

I'm down in Fayetteville, well at least the family is.

I'm currently hanging my hat in the middle east, hoping to be home in the next 2 weeks....

I'm ready to see some trees and green grass!

Born and raised in Greensboro, NC. Moved to DC for high school. Back to Durham for undergrad. Back to DC for law school. And here I shall remain...until I retire back to NC. Much of my family lives there (Durham, Roxboro, Charlotte, Raleigh, Greenville, Littleton). Great place to live.

I have a cpuple of acres outside of Sylva, NC just down the road from Asheville. My getaway home should be under construction in the next year or so. It is such a beautiful state, especially up in the mountains.

I lived in Charlotte for over 8 years... great city, but it is getting more crowded and the new roads under construction are behind the growth of the area... but I would move back to the area in a heartbeat if the job takes me back there.

Moved to Lewisville, NC back in August with a promotion with BAC here in Winston-Salem. This is a very nice family town and a lot of that is due to Wake Forest and the positive impact it has here in the community. The new Dell plant that will be opening soon should also spur new jobs and growth in this area... :D

True, very true!  The downtown Charlotte scene is pretty good, there's a ton of younger people moving into the downtown area. 

Oh and by the way.... Jacks Suck!!  Go Griz!

874045[/snapback]

What was that! :D Blasphemy!!! :D

What was that! :D  Blasphemy!!! :D

876929[/snapback]

Thought you'd like that! I grew up in Missoula. When I lived in AZ, I used to go up to the Walkup every other year when the Griz were in town. Terrible venue for football, but Flag is a great town. I hit the Beaver St. Brewery every time!