[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Quandry

OK, so I'm in a 12 team keeper league, performance scoring, where I'll be drafting first over all. Each team can keep 3 players, but no one drafted in the first 3 rounds can be kept.

So, my keepers will be Lamont Jordan, D. Davis, and C. Brown.

Starting requirements are 2RB's, 2WR's, and 1 flex, so starting 3 RB's is an option.

Who the fudge do I take with the number one pick? LT and have phenomenal RB depth? Or go with Manning, which really hurts my head because I hate drafting QB's early, but that would be a helluva start. I could probably get 2 top 5 WR's in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Any thoughts? Trade down a few spots and hope Manning is still there? But if he's not, I'm screwed, and back to the RB quandry. :D

Is there a WR that you can keep instead of C. Brown? 

Then maybe go with LT/WR/QB in rounds 1/2/3.

otherwise... I'd probably go with LT

867668[/snapback]

The only WR that is worth being kept would be Holt, Harrison, CJ, TO, or Moss. Don't have any of them. And although he's a risk, I think I have to keep Brown.

Take LT & hope to trade Brown before he gets hurt...or, take Manning, be "set" at QB, and grab a tier 2 RB as insurance for Brown/Jordan/DD in round2...or, take Manning, get good WRs in round 2/3 & wing it with your current RBs...

I'd probably snag LT, hoping to trade Brown.

I think you have to go LT. As it stands you have one Tier 2 and two Tier 3 RBs. Although Jordan and Brown are both poised for solid years, Brown does have the durability issue and Jordan is a first year starter for a team who has serious commitment issues when it comes to RBs. I'd start LT...be absolutely loaded at RB...then come back with WR/WR/QB and be stacked in terms of trade bait. If I passed up LT for anyone (including Manning)...I think I'd end up kicking myself during the season. JMO

Good Luck

I think you have to go LT.  As it stands you have one Tier 2 and two Tier 3 RBs.  Although Jordan and Brown are both poised for solid years, Brown does have the durability issue and Jordan is a first year starter for a team who has serious commitment issues when it comes to RBs.  I'd start LT...be absolutely loaded at RB...then come back with WR/WR/QB and be stacked in terms of trade bait.  If I passed up LT for anyone (including Manning)...I think I'd end up kicking myself during the season.  JMO

Good Luck

867692[/snapback]

This is some good info here.

Good information guys. Got a curveball for you. The guy who has the #2 pick has offered me his second and third round picks for my #1 pick. That would give him the first 2 picks overall, but it would give me 4 picks in a row at the tail end of round 2. No way, right?

Is this some sort of contract league?  How is it that LT is available in a keeper?

867835[/snapback]

Well, if you read my first post, I stated that anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds can't be kept. :D

It almost sounds good on the surface, but then he gets 2 difference makers and you get 4 players that may or may not help your team get in the playoffs. I would rather have the #1 overall and you still have 2 solid picks at #24 and #25.

Well, if you read my first post, I stated that anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds can't be kept.  :D

867840[/snapback]

Gotcha. The problem I see is too many RBs. If you draft LT you've got to look at trading someone otherwise you are leaving too many points on yer bench week in week out.

If you take LT look to ditch C. Brown if he starts hot although his brittleness is pretty well know so I'm not sure what value you get for him even with a hot start.

I really want to say Manning but as you know I don't like taking QBs early at all. I'll think this one over and get back to you. I'll also start copying those CDs for you this afternoon.

Gotcha.  The problem I see is too many RBs.  If you draft LT you've got to look at trading someone otherwise you are leaving too many points on yer bench week in week out. 

If you take LT look to ditch C. Brown if he starts hot although his brittleness is pretty well know so I'm not sure what value you get for him even with a hot start.

I really want to say Manning but as you know I don't like taking QBs early at all.  I'll think this one over and get back to you.  I'll also start copying those CDs for you this afternoon.

867866[/snapback]

Yeah, it's a tough one. What did you think of the trade offer? Bad deal, right?

Thanks for the CD's, looking forward to getting fekked in the Asz. :D

Yeah, it's a tough one. What did you think of the trade offer? Bad deal, right?

867870[/snapback]

Well I almost never do trades at all, draft picks or players so I try and stay out of that. I will say I've never traded to move down in draft position.

Well, if you read my first post, I stated that anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds can't be kept.  :D

867840[/snapback]

You take LT. He is the best value with the pick. Then you take a WR/WR/QB with your next three picks you will see how your draft is progressing so you will be able to see if you need to take QB third or hold off til 4th round. The big thing with the RB's is you will have three of them to start every week except week 10 when LT and C. brown both have bye weeks, but you could have always made a trade by then.

I think that four quality RB's is big when you can start three because it covers up injuries and bye weeks.

manning will probably not repeat his performance from last year and drafting him betting for those type of numbers is unwise, look at the last few years, you can grab a solid QB in rounds two-five.

As for the trade it just doesn't add up, keep the elite player and don't set up your opponent, I had a legaue last year where a trade like that happened and the player that gave up the 1st round pick was shot all year.

Edited by lynch

I think you go LT and look to deal CBrown. See if you can't pick up a decent draft pick or WR or both for him now.

If you deal him now, then you can enter the draft knowing you can take LT with no risk of leaving ponts on the bench, and, assuming the pick is a fairly early one, still be able to snag a top WR, and focus on rounding out your starting lineup or RB depth with the 2nd/3rd swing picks.

I like DD esp if you can use three RB's. He gets tons of touches. Trade offer or not, I dont see how you can not take LT2.

You will definately be packed at RB, and even though Manning will not be there coming back at two. You can take the best two WR avail or one of the WR and either Culpepper or McNabb if either has fallen.

In the meantime, you can ask for a very strong WR in return for a runningback and never budge until you get one.

Passing up Manning with your depth is tough. But your depth isnt as impressive without LT2 as it will be with him.

Take him.

Or go with Manning, which really hurts my head because I hate drafting QB's early, but that would be a helluva start. I could probably get 2 top 5 WR's in the 2nd and 3rd round.

867605[/snapback]

This is going against the grain of the thread so far but what the hay. I too have pain in my head by the thought of taking a QB that early but you have to ask yourself why that is. If you draft a QB in the first you are compromising the strength of your RBs. This is the problem, right? Here's the thing with this scenario though...DD is a redraft 1st rounder yes? Jordan is a redraft 2nd rounder right? And Brown is a redraft 3rd rounder. You now have a solid start to your draft and lo and behold, Peyton Manning is still available in the 4th round. Pretty good value. I have done two mocks in which I drafted Manning high in the 1st and have been quite displeased with the results. What you'd have is far superior to any draft scenario I've seen play out. Of course, you gotta kinda ignore the fact that all the top RBs are still available in the 4th as well. I don't think Manning will put up the numbers he did last year but I thought it through like this and thought I'd share.