[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Committed" now available in paperback

msaint

Greetings fellow Huddlers,

What would late summer be without more whorish book-promoting by yours truly? :D

Just wanted to announce that the paperback edition of Committed: Confessions of a Fantasy Footballl Junkie is now available on Amazon, and should be arriving at most Barnes & Nobles, Borders, and mom & pop bookstores incrementally over the next several weeks, if not already. It's cheaper, lighter, and now contains special, two-ply pages -- developed in conjunction with Dupont and the good people at Brawny -- to absorb even the toughest "I drank too much on the beach and passed out while reading" drool.

For those of you who bought/read the hardcover, and for those who helped out with interviews, I can't thank you enough. :D It was great getting all the emails, comments, and fun stories of your own sick FF obsession. That's why I wanted to include something new in the paperback version (inspired by all the great emails you and other readers sent asking how I did in 2004, esp. after the "great Joe Horn ratf*ck of 2003"): the paperback contains a brand new epilogue wrapping-up my 2004 Felon League season, as well as providing a run-down of our "unholy Felon League alliance" that joined forces to enter WCOFF out in Vegas.

Finally, for all of your viewing pleasure -- well, maybe not Czar, Devilwoman, or the other lady Huddlers -- the publisher insisted upon adding a hot little cheerleader to the cover. In a very short red cheerleader skirt. Jumping like, um, a cheerleader. In white go-go boots. Mmmmmmmmm, go-go boots. Sorry. Sex sells, I guess. Our new little cover friend alone is worth the much cheaper paperpack price.

Anyway, thanks again, all. Looking forward to another season here in what, far as I'm concerned, is Ground Zero for FF. :D

Msaint

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what I was thinking.

894310[/snapback]

Ahhhhhhhhh, you are all correct, sirs. Should have thought of that sooner. Have to find a good jpeg of the new cover.

:D

I read this book when it first came out in hardback. IT IS A MUST READ FOR ALL FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYERS! Whats funny is, my wife enjoyed it as much or more than I did. It gave her a little perspective on why we ff players get so wrapped up in it. I encourage everyone to get this book if you havent already.

I bought the hard cover, it was great! But..... I aint gonna buy the soft cover unless ya buy me a beer the next time yer in NY! :D

So, are ya gonna draft the holy grail this year, or what? Holmes is going later than he did back in the day!

msaint, what about the FF mag that you wrote articles for.  I haven't seen you mention that anywhere.

894435[/snapback]

MV, if you're referring to my post way, way, wayyyy back when in the "old" Huddle when I asked questions for an article I was writing...well, that turned into the book, eventually. There was no specific magazine. Yes, it was a potential article pitch to magazines, but I said, "Screw it, I think this is bigger than just one article."

I bought the hard cover, it was great! But..... I aint gonna buy the soft cover unless ya buy me a beer the next time yer in NY!  :D

So, are ya gonna draft the holy grail this year, or what? Holmes is going later than he did back in the day!

894566[/snapback]

Yes on the beers. No on Priest. Depends where I'm drafting, of course, but I don't touch him in the top 4 (LT, Shaun, Peyton, Edge, IMO)....MAYBE if I'm at #5. I see about the same risk with Priest this year as with Deuce, Portis, Jamal, all for varying reasons...but for Priest, they're obvious: LJ, injuries, Vermeil likely giving him plenty of rest to keep him fresh all year, etc etc.

MV, if you're referring to my post way, way, wayyyy back when in the "old" Huddle when I asked questions for an article I was writing...well, that turned into the book, eventually. There was no specific magazine. Yes, it was a potential article pitch to magazines, but I said, "Screw it, I think this is bigger than just one article."

895042[/snapback]

There are a gazillion mags on the shelf at Barnes & Noble so I can't remember the name of it since it's one that I've never seen before. But your name is listed as a contributor and they have at least one article in it that you wrote.