[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Committed" now available in paperback

msaint

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a gazillion mags on the shelf at Barnes & Noble so I can't remember the name of it since it's one that I've never seen before.  But your name is listed as a contributor and they have at least one article in it that you wrote.

895185[/snapback]

Hmmmm...that's interesting. I've never written for a FF magazine that I know of. Try to find out the name if you can, so I can, you know, sue them and put them out in the streets.

Re: # of copies, I don't have the exact numbers lately. Around 10k last I heard. Not Stephen King, but pretty good for a first book, from what my editor tells me, considering some first books sell 500 copies. Pretty inexact science, sales #'s. Half of the bookstores out there don't even report #'s.

Hmmmm...that's interesting. I've never written for a FF magazine that I know of. Try to find out the name if you can, so I can, you know, sue them and put them out in the streets.

Re: # of copies, I don't have the exact numbers lately. Around 10k last I heard. Not Stephen King, but pretty good for a first book, from what my editor tells me, considering some first books sell 500 copies. Pretty inexact science, sales #'s. Half of the bookstores out there don't even report #'s.

895618[/snapback]

I'll let you know. It doesn't look like a reputable magazine. It's one of those mags that is 200 pages but you could mail it to somebody without using any extra postage. :D

I'll let you know.  It doesn't look like a reputable magazine.  It's one of those mags that is 200 pages but you could mail it to somebody without using any extra postage.  :D

896120[/snapback]

this is baffling. :D

I found the magazine at Barnes & Noble today. It's called The Fantasy Football Guide 2005. Don't like it, talk to Barry. I'll pm you the info.

Msaint, in case you didn't know it, you wrote an article called The official half-arsed Fantasy Football glossary. It's called an excerpt from your book. Go get em! :D

I found the magazine at Barnes & Noble today.  It's called The Fantasy Football Guide 2005.  Don't like it, talk to Barry.  I'll pm you the info.

Msaint, in case you didn't know it, you wrote an article called The official half-arsed Fantasy Football glossary.  It's called an excerpt from your book.  Go get em!  :D

898272[/snapback]

The life of a busy FF author. Can't even remember what he writes and who he writes it for. Slow down man. :D

895618[/snapback]

I'm assuming (with full foreknowledge of the assume = ass of u + me equation) that 10k is enough for your pub to think/realize that there's a market out there for a paperback edition - or is a paperback release standard procedure?

Anyway, congrats! :D

msaint: Even while I am sweating it out in the humid weather of India, I continued to read your book, not putting it down. I even went to the hospital for food poisioning and brought it along and just kept of reading. One of the more memorable books I have read in a long time and it's cool to reflect on the passion we love. Thanx for an excellent read.

msaint: Even while I am sweating it out in the humid weather of India, I continued to read your book, not putting it down. I even went to the hospital for food poisioning and brought it along and just kept of reading. One of the more memorable books I have read in a long time and it's cool to reflect on the passion we love. Thanx for an excellent read.

898511[/snapback]

I think you have a new quote for the cover of your next book.

:D

That's right. Food poisioning with over 20 instances of throwing up (three hours) and still did not let go of the book. Brew to that :D

898524[/snapback]

:D You are too young to drink. :D

I think you have a new quote for the cover of your next book.

:D

898515[/snapback]

:D darn, too late for the paperback printing! Maybe we can add this to the back cover when the book's translated into Hindi?

Msaint, I heard you plugging the book on a morning DJ show in DC a few months back, but could never remember the name until I popped ino a Border's over the weekend. Picked it up and will start reading it once my wife finishes it. Her first comment after I told here what it was about was "Don't you think of quitting your job."

Msaint, I heard you plugging the book on a morning DJ show in DC a few months back, but could never remember the name until I popped ino a Border's over the weekend. Picked it up and will start reading it once my wife finishes it. Her first comment after I told here what it was about was "Don't you think of quitting your job."

906348[/snapback]

Clearly, you need a whole new wife. Then again, she is reading the book, so she can't be all bad. :D

Elliott in the Morning must be the show you're referring to. Great guys, been on a few times to talk FF.

Clearly, you need a whole new wife. Then again, she is reading the book, so she can't be all bad. :D

Elliott in the Morning must be the show you're referring to. Great guys, been on a few times to talk FF.

906498[/snapback]

Well, if you knew my history of quitting jobs at the spur of the moment, itwasn't really a strange request.

Reading this week's Sporting News (LT on the cover), I hit Dave Kindred's column and he name-checks Mark and calls his book "wickedly funny" in a decent little article about what an FF addict he (Kindred) is.

Nice pub just in time for the paperback edition and football season. :D