[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's more important to you?

BigTen

When you are watching your favorite NFL team and they are playing against a guy on your fantasy team do you cheer for your fantasy player to score or for your favorite team to stop him? My wife yells at me all the time because I cheer for my fantasy player to score :D , and when he does I do not get that mad. Am I alone in this?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time. Was wondering if this thread would be posted this year like it is every year.

I root for my home team.

899402[/snapback]

:D Note to self, quit acting like a noob!

Final outcome, my NFL team. When the opponent gets in the redzone though, it's "if you have to score, give it to X".

899414[/snapback]

:D If I had a dime for every time I said that. Then they score but it is by some scrub and I get even more pissed!

Edited by BigTen

Don't get me wrong, I still want the Lions to win but I want a high scoring affair. Of course you always ned a second team to vote for as a Lions fan. :D

Real football is more important. Last year, I had no Raiders on my team, and going into their game with the Saints, I had Aaron Brooks and one other Saint starting, because they were the best available players. I was at the game with my best friend, who I also happened to be playing that week in our league.

As it worked out, the Raiders won, Brooks had a pretty decent 280 yards/1 TD/no turnovers performance, and I won my game by a wide margin. But regardless, I was cheering for the Raiders all through the game without any real divided loyalties.

I haven't read any other posts, but if you choose your NFL team, I have this message: Thanks for giving me your money all these years!! Any true fantasy guru (me) would never cheer for his NFL team if it meant hurting his fantasy team. I root for my individual fantasy players and the Bears come in a distant 2nd until they start breeding draftable players.

Edited by Brentastic

I haven't read any other posts, but if you choose your NFL team, I have this message: Thanks for giving me your money all these years!! Any true fantasy guru (me) would never cheer for his NFL team if it meant hurting his fantasy team.  I root for my individual fantasy players and the Bears come in a distant 2nd until they start breeding draftable players.

899604[/snapback]

You can thank me for my money but don't let me hear you bragging if your team wins like you're a loyal fan. The Giants are always 1st on Sundays.

I always root for my beloved JETS first and then for my fantasy team players.

In the event that the Jets are playing against one of my fantasy studs, I usually wish for a very productive day from him, but of course in defeat.