[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's more important to you?

BigTen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I still want the Lions to win but I want a high scoring affair.  Of course you always ned a second team to vote for as a Lions fan. :D

899481[/snapback]

Absolutely. Almost all Lions fans now have a 2nd team or an AFC team that they also root for.

Same as most...Cheer for the Vikings and if their opponent scores hope to heck it's my player.

Though when the Vikings lose the pain is softened if my fantasy team wins.

Nothing worse thatn having your homer team and fantasy team(s) lose in the same weekend!

Edited by T-Scorp

Anyone who roots fantasy team over their real team needs a kick in the teeth.

899932[/snapback]

I agree but what would you do if you were a Lions fan? :D

Best case scenario, home team wins a shootout and FF players do well also. If I have to choose, though, it really depends on what point in the season we are at for me.

Opening weekend - Can live with a poor fantasy start if the Vikings win. Can live with a Vikings loss if my FF teams do well.

Mid-season - Same deal, but it really boils down to where the Vikings stand in the playoff hunt. If they are out of it, I pay more attention to fantasy. If they are coasting to the playoffs, they can afford to lose and I would rather see my teams do well. But, if they are in a situation where every game is a must-win, they are definitely a priority in my mind.

Playoffs - Let's put it this way...................... I would give up winning all five of my leagues in a heartbeat in exchange for a Minnesota SB victory. With that said, second place is the first loser, so if the Vikings were to disappoint me and lose a SB or NFC championship game, as they have so many times before, I would just as soon get 2nd place in a fantasy league instead. I'd rather take home a few dollars than be heart-broken by Denny Green/Gary Anderson again.

To me, the real question is:

Last game of the regular season. Your homer team is down by four, but driving late in the 4th quarter. However, in your most important fantasy league, you have the opposing team's defense. Both teams (Your homer team and the fantasy team) need a win to make the playoffs. What are your feelings? For me, it's easily the homer team, and maybe this isn't the best example, but anybody care to admit that they would be leaning towards the fantasy defense in this situation? :D

You know what, you'll probably win several fantasy championships, but how many times does your home team win the big one? (this question is NOT directed at those in the northeast area of the country)

Been a Chargers fan for 25+ years. Haven't cheered that much in the recent past, but last season was awesome, even though it ended with a rookie kicker pulling a Ray Finkle in the playoffs. If by week 10 they are 2 and 8, may as well root for my fantasy squad. But if they are in the playoff picture, GO, BOLTS, GO!

God, Family, Green Bay Packers, just like Vince use to say.

900030[/snapback]

Although if you read his bio, Vince's priorities were in order as football, golf, goin' out with the boys, church somewhere in the top 6 or 7 and family maybe cracked the top 10.

I haven't read any other posts, but if you choose your NFL team, I have this message: Thanks for giving me your money all these years!! Any true fantasy guru (me) would never cheer for his NFL team if it meant hurting his fantasy team.  I root for my individual fantasy players and the Bears come in a distant 2nd until they start breeding draftable players.

899604[/snapback]

Hey guess what, rooting has no outcome on a fantasy team. Your statement is flawed and queer.

If somebody is going to score a td against my favorite team, than at least it better be the right guy. But of course the Vikes are going back to holding opponents to under 10 pts per game this year so it's all mute. :D

link 158-159 pts in a 16 game schedule sounds about right.

Edited by MikesVikes