[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge...its all about $$$$?

dfv87

Edge is a tremendous football player, but I kinda see him as the poster boy for what is wrong with professional athletes today.

Is he all about the $$$$ or am I reading this guy wrong.

I just cannot get a decent read on him, what kind of teammate was he in Indy? Will he be the kind of player that could lead Ari out of the dog house of the NFL?

:D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep. 30 mil for 4 years.

According to Peter King in MMQB, the first 20 mil

will be paid in the first 2 years.

Wouldn't you take that deal?

Even if it meant playing for AZ?

I would.......

He got an immediate bonus of $7 million and to make sure he didn't run out of cash will get an additional $4.5 million later this week. :D

yep. 30 mil for 4 years.

According to Peter King in MMQB, the first 20 mil

will be paid in the first 2 years.

Wouldn't you take that deal?

Even if it meant playing for AZ?

I would.......

1366693[/snapback]

Would I take $20 million VS $15 to play for a better team? :D

After the first $10 million or so I wouldn't go for dollars alone. Perhaps he likes the area of coaches...maybe it's just the money.

Edited by Randall

The average high temperature in Indianapolis during the month of December is 39 degrees.

The average LOW temperature in Tempe during the month of December is 40 degrees.

And they're paying him a buttload of money.

Edge is a tremendous football player, but I kinda see him as the poster boy for what is wrong with professional athletes today.

Is he all about the $$$$ or am I reading this guy wrong.

I just cannot get a decent read on him, what kind of teammate was he in Indy? Will he be the kind of player that could lead Ari out of the dog house of the NFL?

1366679[/snapback]

I'm no Indy follower, but although he would skip the off-season non-mandatory drills he always showed up in shape and gave 100% on the field from what I could tell.

After his injury a few years back, this kind of contract was his #1 priority. He went out and earned it and I say good for him.

The average high temperature in Indianapolis during the month of December is 39 degrees.

The average LOW temperature in Tempe during the month of December is 40 degrees.

And they're paying him a buttload of money.

1366709[/snapback]

And what is the average temperature in Arizona in August and september?

He is a MIA guy that spends any free time back in MIA so the temps do not seem to me to be an issue? My point/question is he sure that the money will be worth getting tackled for a loss over and over as that O line is marginal at best. :doah:

I also agree with the point that after $10M or so what difference does it really make?

Edited by dfv87

1366679[/snapback]

Why else would they play in the NFL? I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to get the most money he can possibly get. This is a job for him, not a game.

Its simple, he os going to Arizona to win a Super Bowl that has eluded him in Indy...

1366688[/snapback]

I wouldn't underestimate the Cards this year. They have an excellent defense and their offense has all the weapons necessary. I see them at or near the top of the NFC.

I'm no Indy follower, but although he would skip the off-season non-mandatory drills he always showed up in shape and gave 100% on the field from what I could tell.

After his injury a few years back, this kind of contract was his #1 priority. He went out and earned it and I say good for him.

1366714[/snapback]

He has also been a quite and consistent team player. I don't remember any whining about not getting many TD's during Manning's record breaking year.

I also agree with the point that after $10M or so what difference does it really make?

1366722[/snapback]

In that case, why wouldn't everyone with money retire immediately after their first 10 million? Why would billionaires continue to conduct business when they can retire comfortably?

And what is the average temperature in Arizona in August and september?

1366717[/snapback]

78 degrees when you are inside air conditioned practice facilities and stadiums...not to mention thier training camps are at NAU i believe which is much cooler than the valley

My point/question is he sure that the money will be worth getting tackled for a loss over and over as that O line is marginal at best.

thats what people been saying about tiki the last three years and he has put together a string of excellent seasons...edge should be no different

He really felt like he got screwed financially after he blew out his knee. He just decided to adopt the same attitude that the owners have. :D

1366839[/snapback]

nah... he had that about him before hand. I remember before the accident... same season... he was just supposed to take a couple knees and run out the clock... but he played like crazy for a touchdown... because he said - with every yard, he heard 'ka-ching, ka-ching'

The man's always always always been about the money... but for him - it works

nah... he had that about him before hand.  I remember before the accident... same season... he was just supposed to take a couple knees and run out the clock... but he played like crazy for a touchdown... because he said - with every yard, he heard 'ka-ching, ka-ching'

The man's always always always been about the money... but for him - it works

1366853[/snapback]

Oh sure, I am running 30 yards down the field, pumped up, with a full head of steam, and I am supposed to think about the fact that it would be smarter for me to kneel on the 1" line than to score. :D

I wouldn't consider Edge "money-hungry", but he certainly didn't go to the Cardinals to win a SB.

1366875[/snapback]

why not? young talented team...shore up the O-line and they got a shot ina few years

why not? young talented team...shore up the O-line and they got a shot ina few years

1366891[/snapback]

Kurt Warner isn't young and is injury-prone. They're not going to win without him and the chances of him playing a full season are next to nil.

Their defense was also ranked 26th in points allowed last year. I don't see a lot of talent on that side of the ball and am not optimistic about their future.

"Shoring up the O-line" isn't as easy as you make it sound. They're the absolute worst in the league right now (TWO rushing TDs last year!) and it would take a complete overhaul for them to become "good" within the next two or three years. That would also include signing veteran free agents. Given that they passed up on Hutchinson, I don't see any evidence of them trying to improve through any means other than the draft.

I wouldn't consider Edge "money-hungry", but he certainly didn't go to the Cardinals to win a SB.

1366875[/snapback]

Something intrigued him there. Perhps Denny and the coaches told him something he liked. Perhaps they told him they would use him more than they did in Indy. With those WR's they could have a great offense with a little blocking.

Kurt Warner isn't young and is injury-prone.  They're not going to win without him and the chances of him playing a full season are next to nil.

Their defense was also ranked 26th in points allowed last year.  I don't see a lot of talent on that side of the ball and am not optimistic about their future.

"Shoring up the O-line" isn't as easy as you make it sound.  They're the absolute worst in the league right now (TWO rushing TDs last year!) and it would take a complete overhaul for them to become "good" within the next two or three years.  That would also include signing veteran free agents.  Given that they passed up on Hutchinson, I don't see any evidence of them trying to improve through any means other than the draft.

1366949[/snapback]

Hate to say this, but I think Billy's right. For years I've thought okay, they've improved the team and this year their going to be good. Until they prove they have that losing mentality taken care of, I won't believe it. I actually think there are other issues involved. They always seem to be getting killed with injuries every year. I'm also not convinced that the coaching staff is good enough to develop talent in the trenches.