[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

620 AM reporting Favre news conference Today

DaFreak

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this?  If he's not happy with the free agents signings then he won't come back?  Isn't that a "I'm taking my ball and going home" mentality?  Either play because you love the game, or retire.

1396748[/snapback]

Um, no. It's a "I'm here to win, rather than to collect a paycheck, and since you guys in the front office aren't even trying, I'm out of here" mentality. :D

He's earned that right for giving his all every game for GB for his entire career.

1396792[/snapback]

Actually as a rookie, he threw four passes for Atlanta and two were incomplete and the other two were interceptions. :D

Actually as a rookie, he threw four passes for Atlanta and two were incomplete and the other two were interceptions. :D

1396817[/snapback]

:D

He threw a lot more passes in Atlanta than that DMD.

I used to work in the...ahhh...trying to find the PC way to say this...Gentlemans Clubs here in Atlanta.

Brett was a regular.

He was always throwing passes at the girls. :D

Um, no.  It's a "I'm here to win, rather than to collect a paycheck, and since you guys in the front office aren't even trying, I'm out of here" mentality.  :D

1396809[/snapback]

He's also saying my teamates aren't that good. :doah: Which should not make them happy. Can't remember the last time a QB held his team hostage like this.

He's also saying my teamates aren't that good.  :doah:  Which should not make them happy.  Can't remember the last time a QB held his team hostage like this.

1396877[/snapback]

Well, they're not. They let Wahle and Rivera walk last year. They're doing the same to Walker this year. If Ahman Green hasn't already been cut, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

How is Brett "holding his team hostage"? It's not even freaking April yet!

Edited by Bill Swerski

If Ahman Green hasn't already been cut, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Green just signed a 1 year contract as did Davenport. Cheap deals. I doubt either gets cut but both could during camp without financial burden to the team.

No press conference it looks like. Erroneous.

Green just signed a 1 year contract as did Davenport. Cheap deals. I doubt either gets cut but both could during camp without financial burden to the team.

1396931[/snapback]

That's surprising. I thought that they'd use a Davnport/Gado rotation and kick Green to the curb.

FYI,

The contracts that both Green & Davenpooop signed, were specifically set up in such a way, that if either shows they're not recovered from their respective injuries, they can be cut during TC, without any cap ramifications.

"But you're only as good as the team around you. If I walk away, I walk away happy and I've accomplished a lot."

What is this?  If he's not happy with the free agents signings then he won't come back?  Isn't that a "I'm taking my ball and going home" mentality?  Either play because you love the game, or retire.

I would think some of his teamates would be questioning this comment as well.

1396748[/snapback]

I would guess that a persons drive and desire for the game is somehow related to that individual and also succeeding in the game. Can playing for a sucky team decrease the drive of a great player to play the game he loves simply because it is not fun to fall short of your goals? For some people, I would say definitely.

You have to look at it from Favre's point of view.  He knows the team is probably better with him at QB at this point, but he's at the end of his career.  He doesn't want a repeat of last season where he tried to do it all (with no success in the process) and got killed while doing so.  He doesn't want to be take the beating he did last year.  He's earned that right for giving his all every game for GB for his entire career.

1396792[/snapback]

Very true. Green Bay looks to be in a new rebuilding process. Farve would most likely provide an excellent resource for young players to watch in action for one last year but at this point it's Farve doing what's best for himself. He is and always will be a legend in Green Bay whether he leaves this year or next.

I would guess that a persons drive and desire for the game is somehow related to that individual and also succeeding in the game.  Can playing for a sucky team decrease the drive of a great player to play the game he loves simply because it is not fun to fall short of your goals?  For some people, I would say definitely.

1396973[/snapback]

Well-said.

If Favre comes back, it'll either be for money or to pad his stats. And he's already said that he's not interested in breaking Marino's records.

It sure as hell won't be to win, as the Pack are at least two years away from being competitive again.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Very true. Green Bay looks to be in a new rebuilding process. Farve would most likely provide an excellent resource for young players to watch in action for one last year but at this point it's Farve doing what's best for himself. He is and always will be a legend in Green Bay whether he leaves this year or next.

1396989[/snapback]

True statement.

FROM PROFOOTBALLTALK

POSTED 12:22 p.m. EST, March 31, 2006

FAVRE MESSES WITH THOMPSON

We're told that Packers quarterback Brett Favre has decided to delay the official announcement of his decision to return to play in 2006 merely as a way to twist the tail of G.M. Ted Thompson.

We've heard multiple times in the past couple of weeks that it's common knowledge within the organization that Favre will play in 2006, and that he's told the team he will be back. However, Favre has not given the team the green light to announce that Green Bay will still have a guy wearing No. 4 this season. Recently, we'd heard that Favre was going to wait until Sunday, April 2 to make the trip to Green Bay for the announcement, simply because Thompson had wanted to make the announcement by Saturday, April 1.

But we're now told that because Thompson has tried to deny that there ever was an April 1 deadline for the announcement, Favre has decided to string Thompson along for a while longer.

Still, despite Favre's public suggestion that he hasn't made a decision, we are 100 percent certain that he has. The organization's concern, as we hear it, is that it will look very bad in the eyes of the fans if they say Favre is coming back and Favre later has a change of heart. So the Packers have decided to say nothing at all until Favre says it publicly himself.

But, for Favre, the current posture is nothing more than a way for him to play an offseason game with his G.M., whom we hear Favre doesn't genuinely like.

The problem is that this back-and-forth makes everyone look bad, including Favre. If he's coming back, say so. And if everything we've heard is wrong and he really hasn't made a final decision, he should make one. Now. It's kind of important for the team to know whether it will need to get a new starting quarterback ready for the 2006 season, especially with the draft four weeks away.

FAVRE MESSES WITH THOMPSON

1397052[/snapback]

If that's true, it really makes Favre look like a dick. But considering the source, I'm not sure whether to believe it or not. :D

Edited by Savage Beatings

If that's true, it really makes Favre look like a dick.  But considering the source, I'm not sure whether to believe it or not.  :D

1397062[/snapback]

They're a hit or miss site but I notice that they hit more often then they miss. Ted Thompson is walking around blind without a cane. On top of that he's a dikk. I think it's funny to see Favre mess with him.

But, for Favre, the current posture is nothing more than a way for him to play an offseason game with his G.M., whom we hear Favre doesn't genuinely like.

1397052[/snapback]

Not surprising, given that he fired Sherman and got rid of many of their best players.