[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

yes - another Mike Bell post

vansmack32

i've read way too much on this topic and i STILL cannot tell if he'll be starting in week 1

i know denver has a game tonight, but as my draft is in 3 hours, i don't have the luxury of waiting

my feeling - there's a reason a guy goes undrafted

even though denver doesn't have many other options that ideally fit the scheme, i cannot believe he'll be the man this year (though i'd love to be convinced otherwise)

any new insights out there?

I'd like to say living in Denver and hearing the local media would make some sense of the situation (other than M Bell is the #1), but my only read from reports out of camp is that it's M Bell's spot to lose.

That said, I'd only take him at a discount as I think it's a little like Q Griffith situation a couple years ago...someone else could easily come out of the woodwork to get the carries. Especially with a couple poor performances/turnovers.

Mike Bell is the man there unless he gets injured or fumbles a ton. He's being drafted in the 3rd -4th rd in some leagues. If you wait and get him in the 6th that's a steal.

This is a classic "homerun" pick. It can either make or break your fantasy team. I took him in one of my keeper leagues, but I had the luxury of doing so as a 3rd RB. If he pans out, fine. If he doesn't, my team is still stacked anyway, so no huge loss.

That is one scenario I would draft him. The other is if you gamble on the Stud WR theory, and try to pick up Bell in the 3rd or early 4th.

But we all know Shenanigan and his evil ways. You have nobody to blame but yourself if it blows up!!

This is a classic "homerun" pick. It can either make or break your fantasy team. I took him in one of my keeper leagues, but I had the luxury of doing so as a 3rd RB. If he pans out, fine. If he doesn't, my team is still stacked anyway, so no huge loss.

That is one scenario I would draft him. The other is if you gamble on the Stud WR theory, and try to pick up Bell in the 3rd or early 4th.

But we all know Shenanigan and his evil ways. You have nobody to blame but yourself if it blows up!!

yeah, I am taking him as a #3 as well...

in a perfect world, I get him and CTaylor...but I may have Bell ahead of him just for the sheer fact he's playing behind a line that's had chemistry and is a well oiled machine...

the Vikings OL still has to gel....so I have him 1 peg above...

or I can draft a RB early, draft gates and a Tier 1 WR...then CTaylor and MBell....then finish out the WR's...

in a perfect world, I get him and CTaylor...but I may have Bell ahead of him just for the sheer fact he's playing behind a line that's had chemistry and is a well oiled machine...

or I can draft a RB early, draft gates and a Tier 1 WR...then CTaylor and MBell....then finish out the WR's...

In my league,if I draft a rb early,then Gates and then a WR,Taylor and Bell will be gone...

I took him at 7.02. At that point, I had already gone RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, DF, and every other team had taken a starting QB and would be waiting on backup QBs... so I could afford to take the chance.

If I had taken him before I had a solid core of starters, I would have been uncomfortable banking my season on him.

I have him in one league where I start him over Ronnie Brown too..

How many RB's are you starting. If 2, why not start alongside R.Brown. :D

I'm with you here.... in one league, I've got LT, CTaylor (4th), and MBell (6th) and will probably start Bell over Taylor in week 1..... Got Chad J, and ReggieW in the 2nd /3rd, with Heap in 5th to compliment. :D

My other league drafts tomorrow, and I'm 9th out of 12, but am still thinking of trying to get CTaylor in the 3rd/4th, and taking Mike in the 5th as I don't think he fall further in the league tomorrow... :D

I got M Bell at 4.04 for my 2nd RB in a 12 team DEN homers league on this past Tues. That allowed me to pick Holt & D Driver as my top 2 WRs behind R Brown at 1.09. That I could get a D McAllister/A Green/D Williams later in the draft (McAllister was my pick in the 8th round) to fill in my RB depth in case M Bell doesn't pan out for some reason,what I ended up with by going for M Bell later is a RB with significant potential to be a top 10/12 RB in the always strong DEN RB system, a seriously beefed up WR corps (added L Evans & A Johnson as my #3/#4 WRs in the 5th & 6th rounds), so my skill positions are very well set by playing QBBC with later picks.

If you're going to play it safe, you're going to make the playoffs (hopefully) & get knocked out early. To be better than 11 other teams, you've got to be willing to take some risk on a RB who may perform well above their ADP - and M Bell fits that description.

There are no guarantees in FF, but moderating some risk with some potentially high reward is the way to win leagues, not just finish in the middle. DEN RBs after T Davis always seem to drop further than they should because of misperceptions about Shanahan. Last year drafting M Anderson in the 9th round saved my team after 2nd round pick Cadillac Williams was hurt & ineffective for so many weeks. You just need to realize that despite all the nonsense being put forth about Shanahan & his RBs that the #1 RB in DEN usually outperforms his ADP by a significant margin - you just need to find the right guy, and finding the right guy means paying attention to Shanahan when he tells you who his #1 RB is. Q Griffin was the exception to the rule (of 11 years running, I might add), and he wasn't the #1 RB in the preseason - M Anderson was & would have started in '04 if it weren't for that stupid special teams injury at the end of the game in the late preseason.

This year, that's M Bell. Pass on him in the 4th/5th round at your peril - if one of your opponents drafts him in that range, he's just gotten a leg up on your team - barring injury to M Bell.

Edited by Bronco Billy

How many RB's are you starting. If 2, why not start alongside R.Brown. :D

I'm with you here.... in one league, I've got LT, CTaylor (4th), and MBell (6th) and will probably start Bell over Taylor in week 1..... Got Chad J, and ReggieW in the 2nd /3rd, with Heap in 5th to compliment. :D

My other league drafts tomorrow, and I'm 9th out of 12, but am still thinking of trying to get CTaylor in the 3rd/4th, and taking Mike in the 5th as I don't think he fall further in the league tomorrow... :D

I am starting them both because I have Brown at the flex...

I started Jordan over Brown because of the matchup...

in my local today, I drafted Bell in the 5th round (5.09) and I could have had him in the 6th...

I could have taken Culpepper there and then grabbed Bell :D (edit: 12 team draft too :D)

Edited by Avernus

I am starting them both because I have Brown at the flex...

I started Jordan over Brown because of the matchup...

in my local today, I drafted Bell in the 5th round (5.09) and I could have had him in the 6th...

I could have taken Culpepper there and then grabbed Bell :D (edit: 12 team draft too :D)

Good to know as I've got the 9th in a local Sunday afternoon, and it's similiar to what I'll probably do

Being a home league in Denver, what was their reaction to you selecting him there?

A lot of grumbling with "nice pick" attached. I think he was the guy everyone was worried about drafting too soon, and so M Bell kept sliding. Based upon the reaction, I'd have to guess at least 5 other guys had him targeted as a value pick in th 4th round.

We keep two players and lose that round they were drafted in so I had rudi johnson as a 2nd rounder and larry fitz as a 6th.

My drafted backfield went like this:

McGahee

Rudi (keeper)

M. bell.

If bell pans out, I have a great year, if he doesn't , I don't make the playoffs. because I have no depth after them in RB.

So here is to hoping he is the man and get s 1200 yards and 8 to 10 tds.

A lot of grumbling with "nice pick" attached. I think he was the guy everyone was worried about drafting too soon, and so M Bell kept sliding. Based upon the reaction, I'd have to guess at least 5 other guys had him targeted as a value pick in th 4th round.

If Bell went 4.04 in your 12 teamer when did Gore go?

I got him at 4.10 in a 12 team league as my #3 behind Alexander & Taylor - my leaguemates had no idea who he was which means I could've waited - but if your league has a clue I think he's a 4th or 5th rounder

Thats exactly right. Sometimes those of us with the 'inside' info tend to jump on a player earlier than necessary cuz we think others have that info as well. When you take players like that and everyone goes :D you know you screwed up. I took a chance and got Bell in the 6th in a 10 man redraft. I had Gore targeted for a mid pick as well, but the guys in the league weren't THAT uninformed and he went in the 4th.

Edited by Wolv