[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Williams Tests Positive For Mary Jane

The Wolf

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Call me a "Ricky apologist", but I always thought Ricky just marched to the beat of a different drummer"

I understand that perspective, but Ricky has always been an irresponsible dink. How many different women has he knocked up? 3 or 4 I believe. I remember reading that he claimed that he didn't have sex with one of the women:

"Now it’s being reported that Ricky Williams has been slapped with a paternity suit. Williams did his best Bill Clinton impression and claimed that he didn’t have sex with this woman, only to later admit to being the father of her 14-month old child. "

http://www.sportsfanmagazine.com/sfm/articles.html?id=856

Course lets not forget the way that he bailed on his team during the preseason a few years ago either. He's never going to learn until its much too late (which, by now, it is).

Ricky's life is just sad. :D

Am I the only one that finds it bizarre that he was supposedly clean until April and then BLAM...just had to have a toke...RIGHT BEFORE ELIGIBILITY TO BE REINSTATED?

Something's fishy. Either he tested positive WELL before April and it is just now coming out because of his reinstatement proceedings OR they haven't been rigorously testing him OR he has an NFL deathwish.

The most likely of the three, to me, is #1, he tested positive a while back and it's just being reported now because of his reinstatement proceedings. If he actually stayed clean for all that time, then just caved, then he is waaaaay more f'd-up then just Josh Gordon smoking.

Freaking Ricky! I just cut two players off of my Dynasty roster an hour before the report came out. I could have cut that piece of *&^% instead now I have to hope Vick doesn't get suspended for the year.

You can see why some ignorant people are racist when they see the African-American athlete screwing up time after time. I don't care what Charles Barkley stated - Athletes are role models, if they like it or not.

Even though it will hurt me on a fantasy level I think the commissioner should come down hard on Michael Vick - Enough of this BS! You need to represent!

Just my thoughts...........and the only thing I am prejudice of is A-Holes - color, race or religion doesn't mean $#%& to me

Sept? I thought this would be it for him if true.

I stuck up for him because I believed him. I believe people can change and it looked like he turned his life around. As for those bashing him if you bash everyone occassionally you are right.

What was he thinking? Does he want out of football?

He didn't go to India this year and was tested 3 times a week. Then he smokes some pot after all that? I have trouble believing he is just weak. But if he wanted out of football there are easier ways to quit.

Edited by Randall

Freaking Ricky! I just cut two players off of my Dynasty roster an hour before the report came out. I could have cut that piece of *&^% instead now I have to hope Vick doesn't get suspended for the year.

You can see why some ignorant people are racist when they see the African-American athlete screwing up time after time. I don't care what Charles Barkley stated - Athletes are role models, if they like it or not.

Even though it will hurt me on a fantasy level I think the commissioner should come down hard on Michael Vick - Enough of this BS! You need to represent!

Just my thoughts...........and the only thing I am prejudice of is A-Holes - color, race or religion doesn't mean $#%& to me

So, you have Vick and RW on your team? Thinking of renaming your squad the Bengals?

"How can that NOT be tested for? Not doing so implies that the NFL allow its players to use an illegal drug."

Well it's illegal to jaywalk, drive with a headlight out, and drive faster than the posted speed limit too (also all "victimless crimes"). The NFL is out of line testing for pot, as it shouldn't be any of its business if some players indulge every once in a while on their free time. The players in the league are essentially owned by the NFL when it is allowed to mandate policies of this nature that it imposes regardless of whether or not the player is "at work" or not and by doing so helps to perpetuate the popular misconceptions about pot use as well.

My opinion of the league will have reached an all-time low if it fails to act on the Michael Vick case with AT LEAST as much emphasis as it does the pot smokers.. Lets weigh the evilness between smoking a dube every once in a while and the long-term infliction of physical and psychological cruelty on a multitude of intelligent living beings (also illegal, I might add).

I feel the same way about Home Depot employees. Why are their bosses allow to test for Josh Gordon? It's not right.

I suspect that he's in a better situation than yourself - just a guess.

LOL, you mean about to be unemployed and facing a paternity suit that will severely drain his bank account? Good one! :D Sorry, but I'll take my ability to hold down a job, intelligent financial decisions, happy marriage, and the ability to keep my d!ck in my pants over Ricky's situation any day.

I also suspect that he is a happier guy than you - a guess based upon reading your posts

I'd be just as "happy" as Ricky if I were high out of my mind all of the time. :D

Your ASSumptions are very ill-informed.

Edited by Bill Swerski

So, how's Ricky doing? :D

He owes millions of dollars to the Phins, with no income stream to pay it off ....

He's wasted his career ...

He's addicted to MJ -- or at least "unable to stop using it even if wrecks his life" if you don't want to admit that Josh Gordon is addictive ...

Dang, he's nothing but a waste. :D

So, how's Ricky doing? :D

He owes millions of dollars to the Phins, with no income stream to pay it off ....

He's wasted his career ...

He's addicted to MJ -- or at least "unable to stop using it even if wrecks his life" if you don't want to admit that Josh Gordon is addictive ...

Dang, he's nothing but a waste. :D

Addiction?

Well they tested him last year in CAnada, he stayed stateside(didn't go to Indi this year) and was tested 3 times a week. Then he smokes a doobie in april.

Doesn't make lot of sense.

He has a medical condition. If doctors gave him a medical Josh Gordon or THC prescription what would the NFL do?

:D

Always cracks me up when people say Josh Gordon is addictive.

OK...I will preface this by saying I've tried pot on 2 occasions back in college; certainly not enough to become addicted or know if it is addicting.

If pot is not addictive, then someone who should not be using it (RICKY) used it by choice. If that is the case, he really just does not want to play professional football any longer.

OK...I will preface this by saying I've tried pot on 2 occasions back in college; certainly not enough to become addicted or know if it is addicting.

If pot is not addictive, then someone who should not be using it (RICKY) used it by choice. If that is the case, he really just does not want to play professional football any longer.

They usually say drugs like pot are habit forming(you use it because you like it)VS addictive. Habit forming drugs are more psychologically hard to quit than physically addictive. The CDC doesn't really agree 100% that though.

A bigger problem for smokers is tar because many smoke a lot of stalks and leaves that make it worse(in some degress) than cigarettes.