[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson

CaP'N GRuNGe

I just want to know how in the world can Childress justify giving Chester Taylor any carries, let alone MORE than Peterson gets?????

Well, in all fairness, AP's carries were somewhat limited by the fact that series he played only lasted a few plays. I mean, even if he was in 2 series for every one of Chesters, the carries don't add up very fast if you take it to the house every time. If he's knocking out runs of 10 yds rather than 40, that's 4 more carries. That said, if Minn hasn't figured out that they just need to make Chester the back-up and forget this "sharing the load" nonsense...

I would say that having him return kicks is reckless and that they should simply just give him more reps from scrimmage. Then again, he sure paid off on that last KO return.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Childress didn't have a whole lot to star players when he got here. This team made the playoffs once since 2000, no superstars on offense and a under achieving defense. The last two drafts have been ok so far. Now that Childress has Peterson and is banking on Tarvaris, I think he should get at least 3 years. He should get fired if there is no improvement year after year...

A bad coach is a bad coach.

I think I love you. :HEART:

Normally when I wake up next to Adrian the next morning and discover it's really a large black man, I'm upset. Not so much this time.

Thanks for the win, AP! :D

Edited by TimC

He had 21 ( not counting KO's) so another 4 not that big of a deal.

PS: I sat him this week for B Jacobs. :D (still probably will win but ...)

The point is that it doesn't make any sense. And he averaged something stupid like 11 yards per carry. So 4 more carries could have been damn near the output of C Benson's entire game. I would have AP at least carry 70% of the load and find another return person (except when the game is on the line like 4Q yesterday). But I'm not SMRT enought to coach in MN.

The point is that it doesn't make any sense. And he averaged something stupid like 11 yards per carry. So 4 more carries could have been damn near the output of C Benson's entire game. I would have AP at least carry 70% of the load and find another return person (except when the game is on the line like 4Q yesterday). But I'm not SMRT enought to coach in MN.

They ran the ball 43 times ! No matter how much it will help your fantasy team , they are not gonna give him the ball 30 times. If he gets 20 carries every week I , and all other owners, should be very happy.

Although I have been pretty frustrated with Childress most of the time, I think I saw yesterday what his ultimate game plan is for the team, and I think he deserves a little credit. I agree in some ways with Outshined's points, and I think we'll see him return next season. Unless the team completely tanks the rest of the way, I think he deserves that chance. I'm not sure what the intense criticism is of Childress and the player personnel people at this point, other than his stubborness of last season. It seems his plan makes some sense - with someone capable of tossing two medium length lob passes to receivers this year, the team certainly could be sitting at 4-1 right now. And considering they just took care of the Bears, and the Eagles look a little less than dominating and they have them at home in two weeks, they could do ok this season, especially in this division.

The offensive line, TE's and Richardson are doing a terrific job paving the way for the running backs. Taylor looks great when he gets the ball, too, along with the prodigy. Jackson made some nice decisions and plays yesterday - maybe Childress knows what he is trying to accomplish with that kid. He did make a poor decision throwing the ball at Williamson on the 3rd and 5 late in the game, when he easily could have run and slid for the first down, but that shows him to be determined to be a throw first QB, which is impressive in some ways. Another horrible line drive overthrow on another instead of getting air under it, but maybe that will come. Overall, the kid did some good things - of course the running game absolutely opened the passing game up - which is the plan, I would think. And the defense did its job again, other than the end of the game prevent crap.

I can't see how Vikings fans can't be happy with a game like yesterday, and give some credit to the guy. He's rippable on many fronts, but yesterday was a nice team performance, and overall he has this team in the ball game.

I have a really hard time with Peterson returning kicks, though. I can understand the last one, or big situations, but NOT the entire game. That's just asking for trouble with the golden ticket that may ensure you keep your job.

I don't think I've ever been so amazed at a single performance in all my game watching as with Peterson yesterday. It looked like a high school game, with the kid who will be going to USC next year running through bad high school players who want nothing to do with him. His instincts are amazing. And he wears PURPLE!!! :D

The intense criticism of Childress is that if the opposing team scored 10 points, it was lights out for the Vikes.

I applaud the fact that Childress did what every Viking fan everywhere clearly saw what should've been happening each week. Give the playmaker the ball. Don't throw the ball three yards downfield on a 3rd and 10 is nice to get away from as well. Before yesterday, any mistake the Vikes made was extremely magnified by the simple fact that the Vikes didn't have any offense to cover them up with.

Even if the Vikes would've lost the game yesterday, it would've been tolerable since the Vikes could move the ball and would actually have a chance in a game.

It was never any more complicated than that.

I dont remember but was that the same guy who fell and let Berrian get an easy TD early in the game? Looked like the same side.

No, that was one of the best CB in the game - Antoine Winfield. I guess it was raining before the game so maybe the field was a little slick. Pretty embarrasing, but I guess it happens.

No, that was one of the best CB in the game - Antoine Winfield. I guess it was raining before the game so maybe the field was a little slick. Pretty embarrasing, but I guess it happens.

He got all turned around on that play and tripped over his own feet...

That TD should not have counted...should have been a "do-over" because Winfield tripped... :D

I have a really hard time with Peterson returning kicks, though. I can understand the last one, or big situations, but NOT the entire game. That's just asking for trouble with the golden ticket that may ensure you keep your job.

Purple Jesus should not be on regular kick return duty... why the hell else did they load up on 4th and 5th WRs from around the league?

He got all turned around on that play and tripped over his own feet...

That TD should not have counted...should have been a "do-over" because Winfield tripped... :D

Did you guys think the penalty (illegal touching or whatever the heck...) just before that play was a good call? I only got one quick look at that - they didn't really show us much on that, nor look at it again - and it was an obviously big call. Looked like to me the receiver ran straight into the defensive back who was merely standing there in the middle? What's he supposed to do, just move out of the way and let the guy streak downfield? I was yelling at the tv about that call before the TD play went off, and then Winfield falls flat. I was really crying about things at that point. Warranted complaint, or was it the dreaded illegal touch?

The intense criticism of Childress is that if the opposing team scored 10 points, it was lights out for the Vikes.

I applaud the fact that Childress did what every Viking fan everywhere clearly saw what should've been happening each week. Give the playmaker the ball. Don't throw the ball three yards downfield on a 3rd and 10 is nice to get away from as well. Before yesterday, any mistake the Vikes made was extremely magnified by the simple fact that the Vikes didn't have any offense to cover them up with.

Even if the Vikes would've lost the game yesterday, it would've been tolerable since the Vikes could move the ball and would actually have a chance in a game.

It was never any more complicated than that.

He has - Peterson is almost averaging 20 carries a game. He just broke the big runs and the offensive line played very well.

If you take away those three "lucky" runs, he had a pretty pedestrian day. I think Chester clearly showed why he is the starter and should continue to keep his #1 slot with the majority of the carries for the rest of the year.

;o)

They both started yesterday....

If Wynn hadnt gone out after the first drive last week,would he have put up similar numbers?

1-10-GB 17 (14:55) 42-D.Wynn left guard to GB 29 for 12 yards (92-H.Hillenmeyer, 20-A.Archuleta).

1-10-GB 29 (14:17) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 80-D.Driver to GB 36 for 7 yards (33-C.Tillman).

2-3-GB 36 (13:35) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 85-G.Jennings to GB 48 for 12 yards (33-C.Tillman).

1-10-GB 48 (12:58) 42-D.Wynn right guard to CHI 8 for 44 yards (38-D.Manning).

1-8-CHI 8 (12:24) 42-D.Wynn up the middle to CHI 7 for 1 yard (91-T.Harris).

2-7-CHI 7 (11:42) (Shotgun) 34-V.Morency right guard to CHI 2 for 5 yards (55-L.Briggs).

3-2-CHI 2 (11:05) 42-D.Wynn up the middle for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN

Edited by xtra