[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darren McFadden

KC Crazy

The Pats draft Mcfadden. And admit Maroney was a colossal bust. Whats funny is the Pats tried to cock block the Colts and take Maroney in front of them, only to see Addai the much better back.

Maroney was not any better than Marion Barber at Minn. but somehow got drafted in the first round.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have been checking out a ton of Mock drafts and 90% of them are projecting the Patriots to get McFadden with their pick from the 49ers. That would be unbelievable if they had all their weapons from this year plus McFadden and Maroney splitting time at RB. Wow.

Excuse my ignorance for the college football system ( I get the CFL, YEAH! and CIAU ) but is Forte not eligable this year? How does he project to go? He seems a little big but what has he looked like in action?

Matt Forte is a Senior this year & will be in the draft. GBN Report has him ranked as their 12th RB. That's not saying a whole lot, but they're pretty up-to-date and knowledgeable in their rankings.

The Vikings took Adrian Peterson even though they had a good serviceable RB Corps in Chester Taylor and Mewelde Moore. Six other teams passed on him. When talent like that comes along, you have to grab it whether its your greatest need or not. Teams are going to see how well that pick has been working for the Vikes and will look to duplicate that success.

I can't see McFadden lasting more than a few picks.

I still think SF can pull out a couple of more wins. Not sure they would have the #2 overall for the Pats. It'll be close though.

Edited by Savage Beatings

The Vikings took Adrian Peterson even though they had a good serviceable RB Corps in Chester Taylor and Mewelde Moore. Six other teams passed on him. When talent like that comes along, you have to grab it whether its your greatest need or not. Teams are going to see how well that pick has been working for the Vikes and will look to duplicate that success.

I can't see McFadden lasting more than a few picks.

I still think SF can pull out a couple of more wins. Not sure they would have the #2 overall for the Pats. It'll be close though.

Keep in mind though, the Pats need LBs. Their starters are all older, and that is the position they will NEED to draft this year. Im thinking if the Pats are in a poaition to draft McFadden, they would move the pick to someone on draft day and theyll get a butt load of value from a team moving up. I think the Pats take a LB with whatever pick they have in the 1st round.

They are in Conference USA & yes, when compared to the likes of the SEC & such they are a pretty weak division.

No doubt. I think he will be as special as A.Peterson has been. It will depend upon the team of course, but if he lands with the Pats it will be unfair to the rest of the league how dominate they will be.

I can't remember, why did the 49ers give up their pick and who did they end up getting with that trade (assuming it was the Pats 1st round pick last year.)

No doubt. I think he will be as special as A.Peterson has been. It will depend upon the team of course, but if he lands with the Pats it will be unfair to the rest of the league how dominate they will be.

I can't remember, why did the 49ers give up their pick and who did they end up getting with that trade (assuming it was the Pats 1st round pick last year.)

Patriots traded their 1st (28th) for the 49ers 4th this year and 1st next year. Niners selected OT Joe Staley.

OL Joe Staley

You realize you replied to me talking about Forte, right?

Felix Jones imo is the 2nd best back.

I wasn't sure if he was definitely declaring, but you would know better than me. He's definitely got the speed and size to dominate in the pros.

This has got to be the best junior class of RBs in the past 10 years at least. McFadden, Stewart, Felix Jones, Slaton, Mendenhall, Davis, Rice, Charles, Brown, Smith.

You can't really go wrong if you're picking a RB on day one.

This has got to be the best junior class of RBs in the past 10 years at least. McFadden, Stewart, Felix Jones, Slaton, Mendenhall, Davis, Rice, Charles, Brown, Smith.

Sure you can. You just have to be called Jerry Angelo.

I wasn't sure if he was definitely declaring, but you would know better than me. He's definitely got the speed and size to dominate in the pros.

No definate anything yet. But I doubt he wants to stick around for a new coaching staff his Senior year.

As much as I'd LOVE to see McFadden in a Pats uniform next year, the chances of the Pats keeping the Niners number one pick, especially if it is a HIGH one, are pretty slim....Belichick loves to stockpile picks in mid rounds, where the core of teams are built....that being said, Belichick will shock everyone and take McFadden...!!!