[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darren McFadden

KC Crazy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felix Jones imo is the 2nd best back.

+1

I like McFadden and think he's the truth and all but Jones played behind McFadden and increased his YPC every year to a ridiculous 9.1 this year.

Clearly McFadden is a good RB, but Jones' skills and stats are nothing to sneeze at.

Jones, IMO, would be a monster if Houston or Denver took him.

To put it another way, if McFadden had gone somewhere besides Arkansas we probably would be talking about Felix Jones the same way we're talking about McFadden. Out of high school, Rivals had Jones as the No.19 athlete in the nation and was recruited by Tennessee, Texas A&M, Kansas, LSU, Oklahoma State and Nebraska.

Edited by kingfish247

I'd be surprised if the pats don't trade down quite a bit. As much as Maroney may not be the greatest back in the league, on that team at that age, he'll do - Belichek would much rather get extra 3rd/4th/5th rounders and someone's 2009 1st rounder (all so he can do it again...evenutally need to get Brady's successor, so every year just does this sort of thing till the year the guy he wants is there)

I'd be surprised if the pats don't trade down quite a bit. As much as Maroney may not be the greatest back in the league, on that team at that age, he'll do - Belichek would much rather get extra 3rd/4th/5th rounders and someone's 2009 1st rounder (all so he can do it again...evenutally need to get Brady's successor, so every year just does this sort of thing till the year the guy he wants is there)

+1 The Pats have some big time needs and they aren't on the Offense. BB needs some young blood in that LB core and with possibly Samuel leaving he's going to need someone to fill in. That Def is old and will be lucky to make it out of this season. Trade down.

+1 The Pats have some big time needs and they aren't on the Offense. BB needs some young blood in that LB core and with possibly Samuel leaving he's going to need someone to fill in. That Def is old and will be lucky to make it out of this season. Trade down.

Plus the fact that they have to surrender their own 1st Round pick, so that's one less high end rookie that they'll be able to get this off-season.

Big John....didnt the Patriots take Kareem Brown with that pick?

who they just released when they activated Troy Brown?

The Pats traded that pick (110) to Oakland (who drafted Bowie)

Brown was with the Pats own 4th round pick. (127). The Jets then claimed him off waivers.

Being a former Razorback himself, it is quite known that Jerrah Jones loves McFadden. Although the CLE pick (which I bet he thought would net McFadden when the season started) is dropping fast, I bet he finds a way to move up in this year's draft to grab him. No commitment to Julius and Jerrah's history of last second draft day movement is further proof of his likely intentions.

Trades (etc) impacting this coming draft:

DAL owns CLE's 1st rounder

NE owns SFs 1st rounder

NE forfeits its own 1st rounder

SF owns INDs 1st rounder

ATL owns HOUs 2nd rounder

NE owns OAKs 3rd rounder

CHI owns SDs 3rd rounder

BUF owns BALs 3rd rounder

MIN owns DENs 3rd rounder

Contingent / Undisclosed (that I could remember/find):

KC owns MIAs 5th or 6th rounder, depending on criteria for Trent Green

KC owns undisclosed picks in 2008 and 2009 from TB for Michael Bennett

Edited by muck

Trades (etc) impacting this coming draft:

DAL owns CLE's 1st rounder

NE owns SFs 1st rounder

NE forfeits its own 1st rounder

SF owns INDs 1st rounder

ATL owns HOUs 2nd rounder

NE owns OAKs 3rd rounder

CHI owns SDs 3rd rounder

BUF owns BALs 3rd rounder

MIN owns DENs 3rd rounder

Contingent / Undisclosed (that I could remember/find):

KC owns MIAs 5th or 6th rounder, depending on criteria for Trent Green

KC owns undisclosed picks in 2008 and 2009 from TB for Michael Bennett

More complete list: http://www.draftinsiders.com/node/35

1st Round

Dallas from Cleveland (2007 draft day trade/QB Brady Quinn)

New England from San Francisco (2007 draft trade)

San Francisco from Indianapolis (2007 draft trade)

New England forfeits their own #1 pick if they make this seasons' playoffs

If they fail to make playoffs, they forfeit a #2 and #3 pick in NFL Draft '08.

2nd Round

Atlanta from Houston - QB Matt Schaub

Miami from San Diego - WR Chris Chambers

3rd Round

Buffalo from Baltimore - RB Willls McGahee final payment with two '07 draft picks

Chicago from San Diego (2007 draft trade)

New England from Oakland (2007 draft trade)

Minnesota from Denver (2007 draft trade/ DT Marcus Thomas)

4th Round

Denver from Washington - WR Ashley Lelie (final part of deal - Atlanta)

San Diego forfeits selection in Supplemental Draft '07 - CB Paul Oliver

5th Round

Philadelphia from Cleveland - OC Hank Fraley

Kansas City from Miami - QB Trent Green (can escalate to a #4 pick on performance)

Baltimore forfeits selection in Supplemental Draft '07 - OT Jared Gaither

Buffalo from Chicago - DT Darwin Walker

Chicago from Carolina - SS Chris Harris

N.Y. Jets from Washington - OG Pete Kendall (could escalate to #4 pick in NFL Draft '09)

Denver from Oakland - DT Gerald Warren (can escalate to a #4 pick on playing time

6th Round

St. Louis from Denver - DT Jimmy Kennedy

NY Giants from Green Bay - RB Ryan Grant

Cleveland from Seattle - QB Charlie Frye

7th Round

Minnesota from St. Louis - OT Adam Goldberg -

Buffalo from Philadelphia - Takeo Spikes/ Kelly Holcomb for Darnell Walker trade

St. Louis from Cincinnati - QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

Kansas City from NY Giants - PK Lawrence Tynes

Conditional Trades

Conditional Trades will be decided after the season just prior to trading period.

Oakland from the Jets - DE Bobby Hamilton

Baltimore from Indianapolis - LB Ryan LaCasse (6th rd '06 NFL Draft)

Jets from Minnesota - QB Brooks Bollinger

Philadelphia from Seattle - FB Josh Parry

Denver from Tampa - QB Jake Plummer (retired)

Kansas City from Tampa Bay - DT Ryan Sims

Chicago from New England - DB Dante Wesley

Denver from Oakland- DT Gerard Warren (can escalate to a 5th Round on playing time)

Atlanta from Pittsburgh - CB Allen Rossum

Jacksonville from Seattle - RB Alvin Pearman

Seattle from Tennessee - DE Bryce Fisher

Kansas City from Tampa Bay - RB Michael Bennett (two picks over next 2 NFL Drafts)

NFL Draft '09

6th Round

Philadelphia from Minnesota - QB Kelly Holcomb

Edited by Big John

Obviously depends upon the team he goes on but after seeing a couple of his games this year the kid is amazing. Hopefully he gets to go on some team like Dallas like I keep seeing projected!!!

To bring this thread full circle... :D

Ironically, Dallas could very well end up drafting McFadden.

They could do this by trading BOTH of their #1s for NE's #1.

Which ironically would give NE back their two first rounders. :D

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/footbal...ticleid=1049629

• 4 weeks later...

Can't say Darren McFadden has been electric in the Cotton Bowl yet. He only has 47 yards on 12 carries so far. Tony Temple from MIZ has looked MUCH better with 11 carries for 147 and 2 TDs - that's what I would have wanted to see from McFadden if he was supposedly that good. This is the first time I have seen him play to be fair though.

Can't say Darren McFadden has been electric in the Cotton Bowl yet. He only has 47 yards on 12 carries so far. Tony Temple from MIZ has looked MUCH better with 11 carries for 147 and 2 TDs - that's what I would have wanted to see from McFadden if he was supposedly that good. This is the first time I have seen him play to be fair though.

He ain't all that. he is like AP without the power and speed.

You think that the Jets will stick with an aging and injury-prone Thomas Jones and that the Bengals are cool with Rudi the Plodder?

The Bengals have more RBs than they know what to do with, even if they move Rudi the Plodder. Watson filled in nicely, and Irons, who went down in pre-season will be back. Then there's De-De Dorsey and maybe Chris Perry. Hopefully Cincy will be looking at defensive players in the draft.

McFadden will be awesome in the pros. He had a horrible line, a crappy defense, and horrendous QB. Despite this and stacked lines against him all year, he still managed to have an impressive season. There is a reason that every scout has him projected in the Top 5 picks and the most gifted athlete in next years draft.

McFadden will be awesome in the pros. He had a horrible line, a crappy defense, and horrendous QB. Despite this and stacked lines against him all year, he still managed to have an impressive season. There is a reason that every scout has him projected in the Top 5 picks and the most gifted athlete in next years draft.

I know Smith isnt coming out,but I think he will be better in the pros than McFadden.

But everything you said about Arkansas appeared to be true today,so we will see in a few years.

Edited by xtra

He's a rich man's Jerious Norwood. He will be electric at times in the NFL. But a 25 touch guy he will never be, IMO. Too slight of build in the legs.

Those expecting him to be a stud RB like AD or LT are in for a disappointment...

People said that about Reggie Bush, too, and look what he's done...

:D

:D I was going to mention him, but I knew it would be followed by "give him more time" from someone.

I actually don't think he is as talented as Bush, although they are similar in size and build...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

he has a great line, in fact his center won the remington award. he also accumulated a lot of yds running the option while playing qb himself.