[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WARNING if you own any TB BUCS

keggerz

Uh, not really. At least not according to this:

http://www.tampabaybuccaneers.com/news/new...spx?newsid=6206

"To make a long story short, we don’t have any plans [to rest players] in store at this time,” said Gruden. “We’re going to keep the normal practice routine. We’ll leave for San Francisco Friday and try to find a way to win our 10th game."

i blame ESPN, they said He is gonna SIT PLAYERS...if the re-broadcast of NFL live doesnt have that then they edited the show :D

It's far too early to sit players. I picked up Tampa D for my SB this weekend so I hope they stay on the field. I also hope E Graham is out there at least enough to make a solid impact.

It's far too early to sit players. I picked up Tampa D for my SB this weekend so I hope they stay on the field. I also hope E Graham is out there at least enough to make a solid impact.

+1 Had the Buc D last week, my highest scoring player. 3rd was Graham.

I think you guys are taking this way too lightly. You should be grateful to Keggerz for giving you a heads up. I wish I had known that the Bucs were going to sit Joey Galloway before I started him last week.

I didn't know they were sitting them...but to echo an earlier comment,why in the heck would Tampa Bay be resting players when they are in play to move up in seeding?

This thread pissed me off because I have Ernie Graham too and he's the best (along with Bobby Engram)

Will definitely need Graham to play vs that porous SF defense to win my Super Bowl

That porous defense that led by Patrick Willis absolutely shut down Adrian Peterson? I've got Graham too, but thinking I'll bench him in favor of Grant this weekend...

December 17, 2007

Gruden weighs rest vs. momentum

Jon Gruden wants to win.

That was his response when asked whether he would rest any of his battered and tired starters now that the Bucs have clinched a playoff spot and can only improve their playoff standing by one notch.

"We want to win, and to do that you have to play your best players," Gruden said. "There may be some opportunities to look at some (backup) players although we've looked at every guy on the roster and then some. We'll use everybody, but we're not going to change much in the next few weeks."

But Gruden hedged when pressed further on the subject.

"To rest a guy, you better have enough bodies who can go in and perform," he said. "That's the challenge in the NFL in Week 15 and 16. We do have an opportunity here in the next few games to consider looking at some other combinations and get some guys some plays off, but we are still playing for something. We want to continue to get better.

"We'll discuss the actual health of our players and determine the real depth that we do have. Can this guy afford to come out of a game for a prolonged period or miss a game? To make a long story short, we don't have any plans at this time. We're going to keep it normal."

The goal still in front of the Bucs is the potential to claim the No. 3 seed in the NFC. They currently are sitting at the No. 4 spot. But with Seattle losing on Sunday and falling into a tie with Tampa Bay, the Bucs still have a chance to pass the Seahawks. For that to happen, Seattle will have to lose one of its final two games (against Baltimore and Atlanta) while the Bucs must win out.

I didn't know they were sitting them...but to echo an earlier comment,why in the heck would Tampa Bay be resting players when they are in play to move up in seeding?

They weren't sitting Galloway. I was just making a joke because he only had 1 catch for 7 yards in last week's game and helped me to an early exit from the playoffs.

They weren't sitting Galloway. I was just making a joke because he only had 1 catch for 7 yards in last week's game and helped me to an early exit from the playoffs.

I got it. :D

Bushey's a little slow on picking up what you're putting down, if you know what I's saying. :D