[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report on Sirius - Favre retiring

peepinmofo

I have never been a Packer fan. But its a sad day in football with Mr. Farve retiring if its true. This man played with the game like it should have been played. For fun and the bonus they paid him for it. Thanks for the memories!!!

Well said and I give a big ole +1 :wacko:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: As a rabid BEARS fan, I'm glad -- But as a football fan, I'm sad -- Brett you gave us a lot of years of admiration and fun. :D

Go back to Mississippi and have a great rest of your life -- I would lay odds that some one picks him up as a coach, sometime, some where.

You should have know it was coming when he got his new golf cart. :wacko:

It's been ten minutes and this is still making me laugh.

What a run this man had. I remember an interview they had about him once that said the drive to compete is what kept him in the game and he had to find somehting to replace it when he retires. I know he likes to golf, so Farve and Jordan playing golf for $100,000 a hole?

Wow, the Pack are my second fav team and Favre was one of my favs. This is the reason I went to see him play at Arrowhead last year. We'll miss ya Brett, the league will miss your fire as well. :D:wacko::D

I have never been a Packer fan. But its a sad day in football with Mr. Farve retiring if its true. This man played with the game like it should have been played. For fun and the bonus they paid him for it. Thanks for the memories!!!

Bonus my ass.

Dude got paid and paid well. I won't miss him at all. I have zero, nil, nada, zilcho emotional attachment to any of these guys - so adios. don't let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out.

Bonus my ass.

Dude got paid and paid well. I won't miss him at all. I have zero, nil, nada, zilcho emotional attachment to any of these guys - so adios. don't let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out.

This could be :wacko: trip of the year so far. Gonna be bites all over.......... :D

It truly is a very sad day for football. Favre was a special/unique player who ran around the field as if he were a 12 year old kid playing football in somebodies' backyard with a bunch of his buddies. The personality, incredible plays and love for the game all exhibited themselves in every game he competed in. Along with his retirement, a tiny part of the active NFL action died today.

Aside from that, what a shame, as Brett had an O-line that had and continue to gel pretty nicely. A running game with Ryan Grant and co. that was more than effective and could carry the load if need be. A group of WRs that he was really in sync with him including the trusty old vet.- Driver, the up and coming star Jennings and solid rookie draft choice in James Jones. Hell even Donald Lee was a relaible target for Brett. The Packer D was a top unit in the NFL and aided Favre in the success he had last year. So as I said before, it is a shame that Favre has lost the fire to continue playing because it seemed as though the pieces were there for much more conitnued success and accomplishment.

Enjoy retirement Brett and hunting, fishing and golfing to your heart's content. :wacko:

Bonus my ass.

This could be :wacko: trip of the year so far. Gonna be bites all over.......... :D

Hey CR, fishing or not, comments like these just aren't cool and are a bit tacky. We all know damn well that Brett was paid and paid well. The point was that Brett never treated the game as if it were a job he was being paid for while he played. He played the game the way he did because he loved it, therefore, the pay was sort of like a bonus (a pretty sweet one at that). No doubt you are entitled to your opinion, but how being a fan of football, it's history, the competition of the game, loyalty and heart shown by such extraordinary players such as Brett Favre can you have zero, nil, nada, zilcho emotional attachment to Brett Favre and warriors/classics like him? And then to say adios, don't let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out, lacks class even if you were only fishing. Favre is a Sports icon that deserves the upmost respect and with the news of his retirement, there's no doubt you are in the minority in regard to the sentiments you expressed above and may in fact be standing alone.

But hey if that's how you feel, far be it from me to stand in your way. And if you were fishing, stick me in the live well and fry me up later, cause you certainly caught a whopper in me.

Edited by irish

S' okay by me.

Just my honest take. Same thought process I have when it comes to the whole injuries thing.

I seriously could care less if Brett Favre retires or not or if he rides around in a golf cart or whatever the hell he he does. Same with Peyton Manning (and he's on my favorite team) or anyone else for that matter.

Was he good? Sure. But he got a paycheck just like we all do.

He's retiring? Fine... move along...

Hey CR, fishing or not, comments like these just aren't cool and are a bit tacky. We all know damn well that Brett was paid and paid well. The point was that Brett never treated the game as if it were a job he was being paid for while he played. He played the game the way he did because he loved it, therefore, the pay was sort of like a bonus (a pretty sweet one at that). No doubt you are entitled to your opinion, but how being a fan of football, it's history, the competition of the game, loyalty and heart shown by such extraordinary players such as Brett Favre can you have zero, nil, nada, zilcho emotional attachment to Brett Favre and warriors/classics like him? And then to say adios, don't let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out, lacks class even if you were only fishing. Favre is a Sports icon that deserves the upmost respect and with the news of his retirement, there's no doubt you are in the minority in regard to the sentiments you expressed above and may in fact be standing alone.

But hey if that's how you feel, far be it from me to stand in your way. And if you were fishing, stick me in the live well and fry me up later, cause you certainly caught a whopper in me.

Had to unignore you since I knew this I had a hunch this was going to be toward me.

Wasn't fishing. Don't flatter yourself.

I speak my version of the truth. You're welcome to yours.

Don't care if I'm standing alone either. I do go against the grain, but this "idol-worship" is pretty much a joke to me and I do want people to know there's more than one opinion out there.

Edit to add:

I'll sit the rest of this one out so as not to hijack this thread while y'all have your spoon-fest.

Edited by Cunning Runt

What's the over/under in weeks for when he decides to announce his comback? I say it happens second week of training camp.

precisely, brett was the real MVP last season and his team needs him. this may be his knee jerk reaction to not getting moss. come late summer, watch for the speculation.

S' okay by me.

Just my honest take. Same thought process I have when it comes to the whole injuries thing.

I seriously could care less if Brett Favre retires or not or if he rides around in a golf cart or whatever the hell he he does. Same with Peyton Manning (and he's on my favorite team) or anyone else for that matter.

Was he good? Sure. But he got a paycheck just like we all do.

He's retiring? Fine... move along...

Jealousy is the root of all evil..............

TT's statement on packers.com:

Brett Favre has informed us of his intention to retire from the Green Bay Packers and the NFL. He has had one of the greatest careers in the history of the National Football League, and he is able to walk away from the game on his own terms - not many players are able to do that.

The Packers owe him a tremendous debt of gratitude. He has given Packers fans 16 years of wonderful memories, a Super Bowl championship among them, that will live on forever. Brett's many accomplishments on the field are legendary. He leaves the game holding virtually every career passing record, plus his consecutive starts streak, which may never be duplicated.

The uniqueness of Brett Favre - his personality, charisma and love of the game - undoubtedly will leave him as one of the enduring figures in NFL history.

Details of Brett Favre's availability to discuss his decision are still to be determined, and will be announced once set.

:wacko: Wow. I can't believe the day is finally here.

I've always really enjoyed watching Mr. Favre play. despite being a Cowboys fan since birth. I'm glad he got to walk off the field under his own power and on his own terms. Congrats on a great career and here's hoping you Packer fans get something similar to that showing Rogers put on in Dallas this year. He looked ready to me.

Brett Favre is a first ballot HOFer in my book.

Had to unignore you since I knew this I had a hunch this was going to be toward me.

Wasn't fishing. Don't flatter yourself.

I speak my version of the truth. You're welcome to yours.

Don't care if I'm standing alone either. I do go against the grain, but this "idol-worship" is pretty much a joke to me and I do want people to know there's more than one opinion out there.

Edit to add:

I'll sit the rest of this one out so as not to hijack this thread while y'all have your spoon-fest.

Wow, yer such a rebel. I would cry if you retired. :wacko:

and that he played through without missing a game due to injury....

And that is THE most remarkable stat there is IMO. How many times the guy got hurt yet still played. I always thought the consecutive games streak would end before he finally retired, but it would not have made me think any less of him. Amazing player an I'll certainly miss him. I'm still hoping he does change his mind. I don't think he needed Moss anyway. All the pieces were pretty much in place for another run and the fact the Pack came so close last year is what's hard for me to believe(or want to believe). Thanks for the memories, Brett! :wacko:

Edited by jaxfactor