[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To all forum members who are not paid members..

Scourge

Still confused on Bush being ranked behind rookies McFadden and Stewart in PPR Scoring formats............ :wacko:

All about projections really. Plus you have a situation where Bush comes off an injury and McAllister does as well and Bush could not be a fulltime back last year without getting hurt. Either McFadden or Stewart could become full time backs.

All about projections really. Plus you have a situation where Bush comes off an injury and McAllister does as well and Bush could not be a fulltime back last year without getting hurt. Either McFadden or Stewart could become full time backs.

DMD, have you ever thought about doing projections on a whole team basis by skill group, and then trying to attribute a percentage of that team's projecion to each player in that skill group?

Something like that might not translate directly as some players would get more YAC and some player would get better YPC, but it might be in interesting look. I am guessing you already have the "whole team" part done just by default of having done the projections.

If someone saw New Orleans overall RB production versus Oakland's and then saw what you thought the breakdown of that production would be among the RB group for each team it might help explain ranking questions like TOS' above.

Would you settle for being on my Christmas Card list? The theme this year is going to be naughty elves.

Uh oh. Cliaz got DMD's password.

P.S. I have dropped out of all the "other" leagues I was once in and now only compete in 2 BOTH leagues. I trust the members of those leagues more than I did my locals and one was with "friends." Good people.

DMD, have you ever thought about doing projections on a whole team basis by skill group, and then trying to attribute a percentage of that team's projecion to each player in that skill group?

Something like that might not translate directly as some players would get more YAC and some player would get better YPC, but it might be in interesting look. I am guessing you already have the "whole team" part done just by default of having done the projections.

If someone saw New Orleans overall RB production versus Oakland's and then saw what you thought the breakdown of that production would be among the RB group for each team it might help explain ranking questions like TOS' above.

Rankings, projections and player writeups are all created by team. They are all within the context of the whole team considering their dymanics, schedule, track record, changes in players and coaches, etc.. I do all of it according to team and I cannot fathom how anyone does it any differently and comes up with reasonable results. Otherwise, I guess they just take last year's stats and tweak them. You can sort the projections by team and see how they all spin out. I do not project every possible player but certainly should account for probably 85 to 95% of all production for every team.

I do consider offensive units when I project stats, but mostly for total passing numbers and total rushing numbers which are then attributed in a breakdown of players (though the individuals obviously impact the overall totals). It takes me a month of working literally all day every day.

Rankings, projections and player writeups are all created by team. They are all within the context of the whole team considering their dymanics, schedule, track record, changes in players and coaches, etc.. I do all of it according to team and I cannot fathom how anyone does it any differently and comes up with reasonable results. Otherwise, I guess they just take last year's stats and tweak them. You can sort the projections by team and see how they all spin out. I do not project every possible player but certainly should account for probably 85 to 95% of all production for every team.

I do consider offensive units when I project stats, but mostly for total passing numbers and total rushing numbers which are then attributed in a breakdown of players (though the individuals obviously impact the overall totals). It takes me a month of working literally all day every day.

Short version - No

Yeah...I figured as much as I said earlier that it was something you probably already had done. I guess I was talking about presenting the data in a way that showed the player's relationship to the expected production of the team. Poorly worded by me.

I think I speak for us all when I say that we all very much appreciate the work you do on it. I have tried doing stat projections in the past....and let me just say that the Huddle membership fee is a big bargain compared to the time doing your own projections takes.

Short version - No

:wacko:

I've been a member of this site for a long time. I guess around 8 years or so. Not as long as some, but definitely longer than a large number of members here. As of right now, I am not an up-to-date paid subscriber of the site. I thought it was well after July before we actually started charging for the information on this site. I'll be quite frank and say that I paid for a YEAR'S subscription, and yet I am having to pay to receive the information prior to when my year is up. I do understand that this is a seasonal product and I will pay the money for the best information out there in the world on our hobby. Just saying, the switch to make me pay came much earlier than it has in the past.

Either that, or I am a momofektard and just can't remember back when I actually did pay for my subscription. In that case... ignore this moran and move along.... :wacko:

PS - before you throw me under the bus, I happen to love this site and appreciate all the hard work and effort so many put into it. And the members of the boards... well, you are ok too....... sometimes!

I've been a member of this site for a long time. I guess around 8 years or so. Not as long as some, but definitely longer than a large number of members here. As of right now, I am not an up-to-date paid subscriber of the site. I thought it was well after July before we actually started charging for the information on this site. I'll be quite frank and say that I paid for a YEAR'S subscription, and yet I am having to pay to receive the information prior to when my year is up. I do understand that this is a seasonal product and I will pay the money for the best information out there in the world on our hobby. Just saying, the switch to make me pay came much earlier than it has in the past.

Either that, or I am a momofektard and just can't remember back when I actually did pay for my subscription. In that case... ignore this moran and move along.... :wacko:

PS - before you throw me under the bus, I happen to love this site and appreciate all the hard work and effort so many put into it. And the members of the boards... well, you are ok too....... sometimes!

Sorry my friend, but it just sounds like you are trying to double dip on your subscription. You paid for content for the 2007 season. If you want 2008, it's time to pay again :D

Sorry my friend, but it just sounds like you are trying to double dip on your subscription. You paid for content for the 2007 season. If you want 2008, it's time to pay again :wacko:

Bah, I said I'd be paying for it... I have to actually wait until I get paid this Friday though. Just saying it is earlier this year than it has been in the past is all. I wasn't expecting it this soon, I guess, next year I'll be better prepared.

Bah, I said I'd be paying for it... I have to actually wait until I get paid this Friday though. Just saying it is earlier this year than it has been in the past is all. I wasn't expecting it this soon, I guess, next year I'll be better prepared.

The new content is also out earlier I believe. No one says you must pay for it yet, thought it means you will go without this year's information until such time as you do pay.

We have always had memberships that start on June 1st and expire after the Super Bowl. We have everything free in the offseason but may be changing that next year since we are ramping up NFL draft coverage and other off season fare. But we have always said that memberships start on June 1st and exist for just that season, not a 12 month thing.