[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shockey traded to Saints

budlitebrad

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bother. Most of my stuff isn't worth the time, and some of it will probably piss you off.

:wacko:

Well you have pissed me off on the past. In fact ever since 2002 :D

Colston will find the middle of the field open I think. Other WRs will see less balls their way.

Brees gets another target, he did pretty well with that Gates guy in SD.

My concern is if they are sending Shockey out into the pattern more than previous TEs does that leave R Bush in to block more and not in the pattern as much? His value is as a pass catching machine for a rb.

I was targeting Brees anyway and now I am keying in on Colston.

Colston will find the middle of the field open I think. Other WRs will see less balls their way.

Brees gets another target, he did pretty well with that Gates guy in SD.

My concern is if they are sending Shockey out into the pattern more than previous TEs does that leave R Bush in to block more and not in the pattern as much? His value is as a pass catching machine for a rb.

I was targeting Brees anyway and now I am keying in on Colston.

Ok seriously. Who's going to volunteer to go to training camp and find out what's going on for us? :wacko:

Edited by Kid Cid

Ok seriously. Who's going to volunteer to go to training camp and find out what's going on for us? :D

No need, I'll post the fan camp reports as usual. :D

Note- It's too f'n hot to get my ass out there. I love the Saints, but good Lord it's ludicrous hot out there right now. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

You know, I remember a litany of TEs who were going to put up good numbers in NO - Cam Cleeland, Boo Williams, Ernie Conwell, Billy Miller, & Eric Johnson. First, it was supposed to happen under Haslett when he arrived, and then it was going to happen when Brees came over.

Yet year after year after year, NO has been a desert for FF numbers at TE.

We'll see. I've got some serious doubts about Shockey putting up studly numbers there.

You know, I remember a litany of TEs who were going to put up good numbers in NO - Cam Cleeland, Boo Williams, Ernie Conwell, Billy Miller, & Eric Johnson. First, it was supposed to happen under Haslett when he arrived, and then it was going to happen when Brees came over.

We'll see. I've got some serious doubts about Shockey putting up studly numbers there.

again, i stress that i'm no fan of shockey's, but he's got more talent than cleeland, boo, conwell, miller, and johnson combined. you're right, the big easy has been a fantasy TE wasteland, but with the combo of brees, payton and shockey -- vs. just haslett, or just brees & payton with below average TE's to throw to -- i can certainly see the needle moving on TE production. the saints are going to want some return on their (relatively high) investment. but like you said, we'll see...

Combined Ernie Conwell & Billy Miller went for 75 rec for 706 yds & 4 tds. Reception-wise that puts him up there with Gates & I would expect that number to be fairly close as they will likely go to Shockey more than they did Conwell or Miller. Yardage-wise I can see him hitting the 800 mark easily & td's 5 or 6. Compared with last years stats that puts him right at the top 5 mark. I imagine Cooley will improve a little this year & still keep him out of the top 5, but those are still pretty solid numbers for the position.

Edited by rajncajn