[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler is pissed off

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done and welcome to Denver Coach!

Sorry, but I Think you are way off base here.

Cutler stated that he had been at Dove Valley numerous times in the past few weeks talking with the new coaching staff. Then he finds out from a newpaper article that he's involved in trade talks? That's just stupid when it involves your franchise QB. If it were TB and/or NE calling and throwing spaghetti aginst the wall to see what sticks, that's exactly what McDaniels and/or Xanders should have identified it for what it was - since I can only assume the leak came from those directions and the DEN management couldn't be so incredibly stupid that they'd fly the rumor themselves - and stated that they had no intention of moving Cutler unless some incredibly lucrative offer came by (like the Walker/MIN deal or the Ricky Williams deal).

Instead, McDaniel decides to play cloak & dagger behind his franchise QB's back - and I can only assume that he was dumb enough to think that the rumor wouldn't get out.

This is a major faux pas by the DEN management and a clear indication that the HC and GM are rookies and need some significant education. Cutler will get over this in a couple of days, just like what happened when Shanahan was canned. But McDaniel s hasn't helped himself one iota by losing the trust of his stud QB before OTAs have even begun. That's stupidity, plain & simple.

Oh, and hey, McDaniels & Xanders, where in the Seven Hells are the D linemen you're going to need to populate the line in the switch to the 3-4? Instead we get an aging starting S and bunch of depth? This is not a very good start, boys.....

Edited by Bronco Billy

*RUMOR* on ESPN radio just now -- Tirico show -- they said that Cutler asked for a trade when his QB coach was fired in January.

Hmmmm....the proverbial plot thickens. Cutler is coming off rather Pop Warnerish about this entire fiasco.

MORE RUMORS

just listening on ESPN radio who said Denver was offering their 2nd round pick to NE for Cassel. Apparently, the deal from NE's perspective was pretty much the same from all sources.

The first round pick from TB was going to be kept by Denver if the deal got done.

IF this is true, then why didn't Denver just up the offer with a 2nd and a 3rd to NE? (since NE apparently didn't want the financial consequence of a first round pick.)

I don't see how you shop your 'franchise' QB and not get the deal done?

This franchise has gone in the sh1tter :wacko: The owner, Bowlen, fired Shanny cuz he had too much power and refused to resign from the Exec. VP position... only to give the same power to the new HC who subsquently fired the Front Office executives to put another newbie in the GM position. I'm guessing they did all this without talking to the VP of Public Relations... who, at least, could've told them that this was a huge mess in the waiting, so either don't even consider it or get it done at any cost.

I'll start rooting for Detroit.

Have fun

Here's the deal. Would I ever trade Cutler for Cassel straight up?

Absolutely not.

Mel Kiper Jr. disagrees with you. I heard this morning an audio clip that he didn't like Cutler coming out and he still doesn't. He's very high on Cassel. For whatever that is worth.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Aren't you concerned with what's going on?

Sure I am, but it beats the snot out of Little Napolean living off of 2 SB wins a decade ago and putting up exactly 1 playoff win since then (after all, we aren't Cowboys' fans here who are satisfied with just getting to the playoffs).

Any change has to be good from the permanent mediocrity DEN has been mired in for 10 years. Even if McDaniels sucks, at least it's not status quo. McDaniels would be a a lot easier to change out in a couple of years if need be, and hopefully he'll assemble even a mediocre D by then, which is a damn sight better than what Shanahan let his D morph into.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:wacko:

:D

A QB with at least 4 more years as an elite QB that has taken his team to 5 NFC Championship Games with 2nd rate WR's and you :D ????

Hey I'd LOVE for Cutler to stay in Denver and keep throwing temper tantrums ..... all the while Rivers calling him out across the sidelines 2x's a year. Yep....would love that.

This franchise has gone in the sh1tter :wacko: The owner, Bowlen, fired Shanny cuz he had too much power and refused to resign from the Exec. VP position... only to give the same power to the new HC who subsquently fired the Front Office executives to put another newbie in the GM position. I'm guessing they did all this without talking to the VP of Public Relations... who, at least, could've told them that this was a huge mess in the waiting, so either don't even consider it or get it done at any cost.

it's invariably what happens when, seduced by the vague empty promise of "change", you give enormous amounts of power to a slick, inexperienced newb. I'm trying and failing to come up with other real-world examples, but I think you still get the point.

:D

A QB with at least 4 more years as an elite QB that has taken his team to 5 NFC Championship Games with 2nd rate WR's and you :wacko: ????

By the time Cutler's career is over, he'll be recognized as a very good to great QB. McNabb has made his bones on dumping the ball off to Westbrook and getting passing yardage off the YAC. PHI's D is at least as responsible for the team's success, and probably moreso.

it's invariably what happens when, seduced by the vague empty promise of "change", you give enormous amounts of power to a slick, inexperienced newb. I'm trying and failing to come up with other real-world examples, but I think you still get the point.

:wacko:

Mel Kiper Jr. disagrees with you. I heard this morning an audio clip that he didn't like Cutler coming out and he still doesn't. He's very high on Cassel. For whatever that is worth.

he only says that because he wants to show he's better at what he does than Mike Mayock....

Cutler is good....Denver's coaching staff isn't...

By the time Cutler's career is over, he'll be recognized as a very good to great QB. McNabb has made his bones on dumping the ball off to Westbrook and getting passing yardage off the YAC. PHI's D is at least as responsible for the team's success, and probably moreso.

+1.....the problem is that McNabb is a deep thrower :wacko: in a system that requires short and accurate passes....

he's not very accurate and he tends to wait for particular players to get open instead of hitting the open receiver....

I'd take Cutler and a 3rd for McNabb, Reggie Brown and a 1st this year if Denver was cracked up enough to do it...

I read a funny post from some Bronco's site:

With all the drama coming out of Denver this weekend, Broncos fans suddenly woke up this morning as Cowboys fans. :D

Seriously, somebody just make all this bad juju go away. :wacko:

From TheHuddle:

SI.com reports Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler asked the team to trade him shortly after the departure of former assistant coach Jeremy Bates to the University of Southern California.

And now he's whining cause they went ahead with his request? I wish I could text message him the following:

Haha ya pansy,

Phillip Rivers

Somebody tell me what movie this is from substituting Cutlers name

"Oh boy Jay is gonna be pissed"

"Oh yeah well maybe Jay is gonna have to stay home tonight"