[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler is pissed off

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want 2V to lay off on the news, that concerns all of us.

LordOpie's point, and it's a valid one, is that not all news is created equal and things that come from sources that are more prone to rumor-spreading (like Mort and Peter King and Adam Schefter) should be better identified. When the news item comes through in the feed, it usually has the name of the writer and the name of the course (Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Adam Schefter of NFL Network, etc.). Ninety-nine percent of the time that information is superfluous (I live in Minnesota and I don't really know who Chip Scoggins is; I just assume he's the Vikings beat writer for the Minneapolis paper), but when it comes to stuff from King, Mort, Schefter et. al. their name should remain in so you can judge for yourself the merit of the information. Most of the other stuff is generally fact, but those guys traffic a little more in rumor. And LordOpie would like that noted as such, which is a good idea. We'll still report the important stuff, but if it's a rumor-based item it makes sense that we should be a little clearer in identifying it as such.

For what it's worth, Schefter was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning and said there's no chance Cutler gets traded.

2V

McDaniels, Cutler to Meet Next Week

DenverBroncos.com

Head Coach Josh McDaniels and Jay Cutler will meet next week when Cutler returns to Denver from Nashville.

"The Denver Broncos are not trading Jay Cutler. Period," said Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=3...mp;storyID=8880

We'll see. It's hard to know what to believe anymore. :wacko: <circusmusicplayinginbackground>

It pretty much is. There are no reporters breaking new original stories on this website. Well, except for Irish.

Hell's yeah!! Now there's a smart man who knows his sh!t!!

:wacko:

Mort, Peter King and Adam Schefter are all reporting this morning that I kissed LordOpie's :wacko:

:D

:D Yeah but they're all over the map in regard to which cheek was kissed and whether or not it was an air kiss or if lippage was used.

More Cutler talk from Profootballtalk...

REPORT: CUTLER SNUBBED BOWLEN

Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2009, 8:18 p.m. EDT

CBS4 in Denver reports that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen tried to call disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler twice last week.

And that Cutler snubbed him. Twice.

CBS4 also reports that the much-anticipated face-to-face meeting between Cutler and team officials was replaced by a conference call conducted on Monday.

Coach Josh McDaniels and Bowlen reportedly were on the line with Cutler.

CBS4, citing unnamed sources, reports that the tone of the conversation “was not exactly ‘make nice.’” Instead, coach Josh McDaniels made it clear “how the team will be run, and how Cutler was expected to fit into that plan.”

McDaniels also told Cutler that the Broncos won’t trade him, but then McDaniels left the door open by reportedly saying “all players are being constantly evaluated and could be traded if management thinks it will make the team better.”

I'm so glad that McD didn't back down.

Tho the fact that Bowlen was in on that conference call is weak... unless he was backing up everything that the HC said and told his prima-donna QB to get his ass in line.

I think you're making a mistake in thinking that the News4 report is accurate..

I'm so glad that McD didn't back down.

Tho the fact that Bowlen was in on that conference call is weak... unless he was backing up everything that the HC said and told his prima-donna QB to get his ass in line.

I think someone needs to man up there and clear the air. Cutler isn't trying to be the head coach. It seems McDaniels wants to be king and wants all his subjects to bow to his majestic presence.

(KFFL) The Denver Post, citing KMGH-7, reports Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler has put his 7,516-square-foot home in Colorado up for sale. As previously reported, Cutler left a recent conversation with team brass thinking he would be traded before the NFL Draft. Cutler also owns a condo in downtown Denver.

:wacko:

So we've now seen McDaniels' signature move.

Can you go look at the house for us? 7500 square feet?

"With offseason workouts scheduled next week at Dove Valley and uncertainty about whether Jay Cutler will show up, the quarterback on Thursday put his multi-million dollar house in Parker up for sale.

Cutler's 7,516-square-foot house on nearly 1-1/2 acres is advertised for sale at $2 million, according to a real estate listing. Cutler bought the house in 2006 for $1.34 million.

On Monday, Cutler came away from a conference call with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels believing he might be traded between now and the NFL draft on April 25, an NFL source told The Denver Post.

The Broncos had a different impression of the call, thinking it was a positive talk, a source close to the team said. McDaniels was joined on the conference call by Broncos general manager Brian Xanders, owner Pat Bowlen and chief operating officer Joe Ellis in Colorado. Cutler, in Nashville, was joined by his agent, Bus Cook.

Cutler has been upset the Broncos attempted to trade him in a three-team deal for then-New England quarterback Matt Cassell, who was traded to Kansas City on Feb. 28.

Cutler also owns a penthouse condo in lower downtown Denver.

Fuller Sotheby's International Reality is the listing office for the sale of Cutler's house."

It would seem like something's going on. Not a good market I would assume in Denver to be putting a hugh house up for sale unless you need to relocate. :wacko:

Or maybe he's playing his own game and trying to send the Bronco's FO a message?

Could be. He also has a penthouse condo downtown I read today.

Could be a deal has already been made too.

STAKES GET HIGHER IN CUTLER-BRONCOS FEUD

Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 9:13 p.m. EDT

When news broke that Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is selling his Denver-area home, the “nothing to see here” crowd was quick to point out that Cutler owns other property in Denver, and that he has been wanting to sell the house in question for a while.

We wonder what they’ll be saying now that the house in which Cutler’s parents live is up for sale, too?

According to NBC 9 in Denver, the 4,100-square foot home has landed on the market, for a mere $835,000.

Even if Cutler’s decision to sell his own house was a coincidence, Cutler can’t blame cluelessness on this latest development.

Clearly, he wants out of Denver. And, clearly, he and his family are moving forward as if he’s going to get his way.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/14/...r-broncos-feud/

If I had a dollar for every time I heard a local report talk about "real estate being bought or sold" regarding developments with the Chiefs, well.....I wouldn't be rich.

But I'll bet I've heard that same story in KC no less than 20 times over the last 10 years. Seriously.

I had a feeling that the owner had a screw loose and now I'm positive.

To say that, either Bowlen is just not thinking clearly or he's priming Denver for a Cutler trade.

The other possibility is that Klis exaggerated, but that requires Bowlen to make a public statement and demand Klis post an apology for such BS, but I doubt that'll happen.

Klis one of BB's favorite reporters. :wacko:

Nothing has worked. What's next for new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and his disgruntled quarterback, Jay Cutler?

There is now a real possibility the two sides are headed for a divorce based on irreconcilable differences.

"I'm very disappointed," Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday. "I'm disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback."

Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he is steadfastly supporting his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the situation.

Friction between Cutler and McDaniels appears to have escalated following a meeting Saturday. Attending the meeting were Cutler, hih

agent Bus Cook, McDaniels and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders.

The Broncos say no ultimatums were given during the Saturday meeting, which the team characterized as mild-mannered with no raised voices.

However, no reconciliation was reached.

"There was a brief meeting Saturday morning and we agreed to regroup and continue to have conversations," a Broncos spokesman told the Denver Post. "The Broncos reinforced to Jay and his agent that they have been honest with them since Day One."

The breakdown came just as it appeared Cutler and McDaniels were moving towards mending their relationship. Cutler returned to Denver late last week from Nashville, where he has spent most of his offseason.

With McDaniels holding his first team meeting at 8 a.m. Monday, Cutler was not only planning to attend, he agreed to a preemptive personal meeting with his new coach and GM. However, according to a source close to Cutler, the quarterback didn't like what he heard and as of Sunday was set on skipping the team meeting Monday.

However, the meeting, which technically begins the Broncos' offseason conditioning program, is not considered mandatory under the collective bargaining agreement. The first mandatory session Cutler would have to attend is the Broncos' first mini-camp, April 17-19. If Cutler skips that mini-camp, the Broncos could fine him each day he has missed. He could also put a pro-rated portion of his signing bonus at risk.

Cutler has insisted that until his situation gets resolved, all conversation with Broncos officials must include Cook, who led the discussions in the both conference call Monday with Broncos officials that included Bowlen and chief operating officer Joe Ellis, and in the meeting Saturday with McDaniels and Xanders.

Cook is the same agent who represents Brett Favre and helped facilitate the icon quarterback's trade last summer from the Green Bay Packers to the New York Jets.