[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler is pissed off

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a feeling that the owner had a screw loose and now I'm positive.

To say that, either Bowlen is just not thinking clearly or he's priming Denver for a Cutler trade.

The other possibility is that Klis exaggerated, but that requires Bowlen to make a public statement and demand Klis post an apology for such BS, but I doubt that'll happen.

I've heard rumblings that Cutler isn't well received in the lockerroom... If so, then I applaud Bowlen for what he's said. In the end, McDanials has been a winner. Cutler has put up gaudy numbers.

I've heard rumblings that Cutler isn't well received in the lockerroom... If so, then I applaud Bowlen for what he's said. In the end, McDanials has been a winner. Cutler has put up gaudy numbers.

Mangini and Crenel were winners in New England too. They haven't done too much away from Bill Belichick.

McDaniels began his coaching career as a senior graduate assistant at Michigan State University from 1999 to 2000 under Nick Saban.

McDaniels joined the Patriots in 2001 as a personnel assistant. From 2002 to 2003, he served as a defensive coaching assistant for the team, working with the defensive backs in 2003. In 2004, he became the team's quarterbacks coach. After offensive coordinator Charlie Weis left the team following the 2004 season, the Patriots did not name an offensive coordinator for the 2005 season. According to The New York Times, in 2008, it was McDaniels who called the offensive plays for the 2005 season, although suggestions to that effect were made in 2005.[2][3] After the season, McDaniels was officially promoted to offensive coordinator, while retaining his responsibilities coaching the team's quarterbacks.

In the 2007 NFL season, with McDaniels at the helm of the offense, the Patriots set NFL records, scoring 75 touchdowns (67 on offense, 50 passing and 17 rushing) and 589 points, leading to rumors that McDaniels might leave the Patriots for a head coaching job.[4] McDaniels withdrew his name from consideration, however, during the Patriots' January 2008 playoff run.

In the 2008 NFL season, McDaniels led the offense to an 11-5 record with quarterback Matt Cassel, the only known NFL quarterback ever to start an NFL game without ever starting at quarterback in college. McDaniels' role in developing Cassel has been cited as one of his qualifications for head coaching jobs.

[edit]

Mangini and Crenel were winners in New England too. They haven't done too much away from Bill Belichick.

McDaniels began his coaching career as a senior graduate assistant at Michigan State University from 1999 to 2000 under Nick Saban.

McDaniels joined the Patriots in 2001 as a personnel assistant. From 2002 to 2003, he served as a defensive coaching assistant for the team, working with the defensive backs in 2003. In 2004, he became the team's quarterbacks coach. After offensive coordinator Charlie Weis left the team following the 2004 season, the Patriots did not name an offensive coordinator for the 2005 season. According to The New York Times, in 2008, it was McDaniels who called the offensive plays for the 2005 season, although suggestions to that effect were made in 2005.[2][3] After the season, McDaniels was officially promoted to offensive coordinator, while retaining his responsibilities coaching the team's quarterbacks.

In the 2007 NFL season, with McDaniels at the helm of the offense, the Patriots set NFL records, scoring 75 touchdowns (67 on offense, 50 passing and 17 rushing) and 589 points, leading to rumors that McDaniels might leave the Patriots for a head coaching job.[4] McDaniels withdrew his name from consideration, however, during the Patriots' January 2008 playoff run.

In the 2008 NFL season, McDaniels led the offense to an 11-5 record with quarterback Matt Cassel, the only known NFL quarterback ever to start an NFL game without ever starting at quarterback in college. McDaniels' role in developing Cassel has been cited as one of his qualifications for head coaching jobs.

[edit]

All is fine with all this. The problem is this. When you got Randy Moss and Wes Welker an offensive line of the Pats caliber. Who couldn't do this. I hate that his first coaching job this happens because this may be his last head coaching stop.

Cutler wants out officially: :wacko:

I gotta tell ya, I don't understand why a new HC would go out of his way to alienate Cutler... It just doesn't make sense. In fact, I would think something like this would be the last thing you would want to do. Pat Bowlen should be pissed off. It will be interesting to see how this gets resolved, but as a Broncos fan, I shudder to think of Chris Simms being our starter going into preseason...

Edited by MTSuper7

I gotta tell ya, I don't understand why a new HC would go out of his way to alienate Cutler... It just doesn't make sense. In fact, I would think something like this would be the last thing you would want to do. Pat Bowlen should be pissed off. It will be interesting to see how this gets resolved, but as a Broncos fan, I shudder to think of Chris Simms being our starter going into preseason...

Lot's of info. Has anything like this ever been aired so publicly with so many details before? I still would love the Vikings to throw a ton at Denver to lure him away, even though I know it won't happen.

Man I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

A. Cutler is probably the biggest cry baby in the league

B. Rivers won't be able to taunt him 2x's a year anymore.

Its gonna be a sad day in Chargerville if Cutler is sent packing.

But it will be funny as hell!!!!!!! :D:D

Its gonna be a sad day in Chargerville if Cutler is sent packing.

So you are saying the entertainment value of rooting for a taunter is more important than winning the Super Bowl.

At least you won a division against a team with no defense.

I would love to see the Vikings give up their 1st round pick + either Rosenfels or Tarvaris for Cutler... but seeing as how they totally low-balled Houshmandzadeh I'm wondering if they have it in them to make a winning offer right now.

Now not only is Cutler's house up for sale, but so is his parents' house.

McDaniels comes out of the weekend phone call saying everything is great and they don't plan to trade Cutler. Cutler comes out and says that McDaniels will still field offers and obviously feels betrayed, and now actively wants out of DEN and appears that he will not show for voluntary workouts. I imagine that Cutler will now do everything in his power to force McDaniels & Xanders into trading him, which lowers his asking price substantially.

This has gone way too far, but as it stands right now, I don't see how McDaniels & Cutler could possibly exist on the same team. Looks like Cutler is history here in DEN.

:wacko:

Regardless of what sort of problems Bowlen had with Shanahan, something tells me that he would take a mulligan on the decision to fire him right now. This is a mess unlike any I've ever seen before. Any bets on whether or not the Broncos (and McDaniels specifically) get booed in the first quarter of the first home game? Hell, maybe even the first preseason game...

:wacko:

Edited by MTSuper7

.. but seeing as how they totally low-balled Houshmandzadeh I'm wondering if they have it in them to make a winning offer right now.

Source please. Everything I read the Vikes offered a very similiar contract, at the worst, 2 million less over the entire contract.

Edited by BillyBalata

I'm not sure where you heard these "rumblings", but I am pretty sure they are innacurate.

and the truth is, in my eyes and many other folks', cutler has accomplished a lot more in this league than mcdaniels has.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall today at dove valley.

Source please. Everything I read the Vikes offered a very similiar contract, at the worst, 2 million less over the entire contract.

I really don't have a source right now, but I was excited about the prospect of TJ coming to Minnnesota... was listening to KFAN a lot about it during that time and was hearing that Minnesota offered the lowest between Seattle, Cincy and themselves.

I really don't have a source right now, but I was excited about the prospect of TJ coming to Minnnesota... was listening to KFAN a lot about it during that time and was hearing that Minnesota offered the lowest between Seattle, Cincy and themselves.

Lowest does not equal low ball.