[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler to the Bears

keggerz

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys who don't think Orton is any good will be proven wrong...this may or may not work out for Chicago. New guy, has to learn a system and hasn't demonstrated the maturity that Orton did in waiting in the wings after being a rookie starter.

The OL isn't as good as Denver either.

Ok BB - you and I went back and forth last year about Orton's merits BEFORE the season.

BJ - shall we begin?

BTW - I cannot believe it. This is WAY out of the ordinary for the Bears.

:wacko:You rang?

edit: And 2 years ago.

Edited by Big John

GARBAGE

They got a GARBAGE QB and a crappy 1st round pick this year. Unless the Bears pick is top 5 next year, this deal sucks.

they look like they can easily move up in this years draft to get Stafford or Sanchez if they want to.

orton had the benefit of a good rb in chi. it's an amazing relief for a qb.

Certainly agree but there was no Marshall or Royal on the Bears either. I agree with Opie and Pope on this one. I think Orton will be a pleasant surprise for Denver. A top tier 1st round pick would have been nice but I don't think the deal is horrible as some others do.

This sounds off to me? Surely the Bronco's could have got more than this elsewhere? I would think that if the Bronco's were not going to get a good QB in return they would trade with someone that has a low enough draft pick so that they would be able to get Sanchez and groom him. Much more upside than Orton. I think the Bears did well, especially getting a 3rd with Cutler. Now let's see how Cutler likes throwing in the windy city and without Marshall, Royal and Stokley.

the bears got Cutler and a 5th...they gave a 3rd in additon to the 2 firsts....and I am actually shocked they got as much as they did considering everyone knew that they had to deal him...while they may not be able to land sanchez at 18 they look to probably have the pieces to move up for him if they want him

I personally don't understand all the Orton hate either, and to those that say "they surely could have gotten a better deal elsewhere" maybe McDaniels really likes Orton. We're talking about a Purdue grad, so he obviously has some brains. He's also more of a game manager. Cutler is a gunslinger and that mentalitty doesn't fit into McDaniels system. I think this was a great move for both teams. Chi finally gets that strong armed QB who can throw darts when that Chicago wind gusts.

the bears got Cutler and a 5th...they gave a 3rd in additon to the 2 firsts....and I am actually shocked they got as much as they did considering everyone knew that they had to deal him...while they may not be able to land sanchez at 18 they look to probably have the pieces to move up for him if they want him

My thoughts as well. Or they could be positioning themselves to take Josh Freeman who will easily be there at 1.18

If this turns out to be legit, I’d just like to say one thing;

On behalf of all the fans of the Chicago Bears, I like to extend a big thank you to Denver Broncos management.

cutler has shown to be very good in the weather. I don't know if he has big hands, or it's how he grips the ball....but cold and/or wet have not phased him much. and in wind, to the extent you throw, the stronger the arm the better.

devin hester is going to be real interesting next year. and forte.

if I see josh macdaniels someday walking down the street I swear to god I will groin punch him.