[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roy Williams

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm....has this been TO saying "I don't know what my role is on this team", he'd have been blasted for being a cancer.

--Roy Williams Unsure of Primary Function --

Thu Oct 1, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

The Dallas Morning News reports after three games as the Cowboys' No. 1 wide receiver, WR Roy Williams says he's unsure of his primary function. His four receptions for 75 yards against Carolina on Monday were his most as a Cowboy. That also equaled his total for the previous two games. "I do not know what my role is," Williams said. "I'm just trying to help this team win, whether it's catching the ball, whether it's blocking downfield, whether it's whatever the game is calling for. My role is to ... make plays, whether it's in the run or pass game, I'm guessing." Williams clearly wants the ball more. With Dallas averaging 3.2 more rushing attempts per game than last season, Williams has eight receptions, tied with WR Patrick Crayton for second on the team. TE Jason Witten leads with 19.

Regardless, very :wacko: from a veteran receiver.

As a Dallas Native and a non Cowboy fan... This entire thing is taken out of context. You're only hearing parts of what he was saying. He was in no way complaining, nor was he saying he needed the ball more. TDMN is just trying to stay in business by selling non-existant drama.

As a Dallas Native and a non Cowboy fan... This entire thing is taken out of context. You're only hearing parts of what he was saying. He was in no way complaining, nor was he saying he needed the ball more. TDMN is just trying to stay in business by selling non-existant drama.

Nah, the philly fan says it's true, it must be true. :wacko:

Hmmm....has this been TO saying "I don't know what my role is on this team", he'd have been blasted for being a cancer.

--Roy Williams Unsure of Primary Function --

Thu Oct 1, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

The Dallas Morning News reports after three games as the Cowboys' No. 1 wide receiver, WR Roy Williams says he's unsure of his primary function. His four receptions for 75 yards against Carolina on Monday were his most as a Cowboy. That also equaled his total for the previous two games. "I do not know what my role is," Williams said. "I'm just trying to help this team win, whether it's catching the ball, whether it's blocking downfield, whether it's whatever the game is calling for. My role is to ... make plays, whether it's in the run or pass game, I'm guessing." Williams clearly wants the ball more. With Dallas averaging 3.2 more rushing attempts per game than last season, Williams has eight receptions, tied with WR Patrick Crayton for second on the team. TE Jason Witten leads with 19.

Regardless, very :wacko: from a veteran receiver.

....why don't you just admit you were wrong?...-you'd gain alot more respect :D

Williams is a bust in my opinion.

Mostly agree with this, and Dallas paid WAY too much for him, but the comments about not knowing his role is more of a coaching issue. You don't hear Belichick's players saying crap like this.

The full comment...

"I do not know what my role is. I’m just trying to help this team win, whether it’s catching the ball, whether it’s blocking downfield, whether it’s whatever. I’m just trying to win. Whatever the game is calling for at that point and time," Williams said. "My role is to make plays whether it’s in the run or pass game. I’m not like give-me-the-ball-every-play type of guy. I’m a go-with-the-flow guy because I just want to win. I was [mad] after the New York game because I had one catch. But if he would have missed that field goal, I wouldn’t have been [mad] because we would have won. That’s just the type of guy I am, and I hope you can understand that."

"I’m just a blocker, a catcher and runner and just trying to do all of them in 60 minutes of play. I just run to my spot and catch the ball. That’s what I feel my role is right now, blocking downfield or catching the ball when it comes my way,” Williams said. “I don’t get very many opportunities, but when I get the opportunities, I have to make the best of them. That’s the way I approach it. As long as we keep racking up wins, we’re good."

The full comment...

"I do not know what my role is. I’m just trying to help this team win, whether it’s catching the ball, whether it’s blocking downfield, whether it’s whatever. I’m just trying to win. Whatever the game is calling for at that point and time," Williams said. "My role is to make plays whether it’s in the run or pass game. I’m not like give-me-the-ball-every-play type of guy. I’m a go-with-the-flow guy because I just want to win. I was [mad] after the New York game because I had one catch. But if he would have missed that field goal, I wouldn’t have been [mad] because we would have won. That’s just the type of guy I am, and I hope you can understand that."

"I’m just a blocker, a catcher and runner and just trying to do all of them in 60 minutes of play. I just run to my spot and catch the ball. That’s what I feel my role is right now, blocking downfield or catching the ball when it comes my way,” Williams said. “I don’t get very many opportunities, but when I get the opportunities, I have to make the best of them. That’s the way I approach it. As long as we keep racking up wins, we’re good."

Nahh, he's got a star on his helmet...he must be just like T.O. :wacko:

You get taken apart like a cheap suit in the Portis thread, and then try to bring the stuff here? :D

" taken apart like a cheap suit"...... :D huh?? --sounds desperate :D:D:wacko:

just admit your take sucked and was weak...(you'd get alot more respect)

Edited by hooknladder

Jason Garrett is about as creative as an unsharpened pencil and in the rare instance that Williams is open, he can't hold on to the ball but neither can TO. His comment; however, was dead-on and not at all negative if taken in its entirity.

Williams season stats 8-179-1. TO season stats 5-98-1. Williams is saying the right things, is the better run blocker and apparently the better WR. Sure they paid too much for Roy WIlliams in hindsight, but that's not Williams' fault. In hindsight you can probabaly figure out how to get the Eagles a real championship too. Big deal.

Williams is a bust in my opinion. We will always miss TO and what he brought to the field. A few drops here and there, sure, but the guy blocked his a$$ off. .

werd - Roy is one of the most overrated WR in the game- and definitely NOT a #1

although TO appears to be approaching the cliff that 36 year old WR fall off in Buffalo

• 5 weeks later...

:wacko:

Anyone wanna rethink their posiition on this terd? Seems I'm not the only one that thought this guy was a prima-donna in waiting. Now he's blaming Romo for throwing everyone else the ball correctly, but making him stretch and dive? That he is the undisputed #1 Wr on the team, even though everyone else knows Austin is the best target on the team?

Roy Williams: Romo won't throw ball to me right way

By Steve Schrader

Free Press Sports Writer

Roy Williams is starting to channel Terrell Owens. But not on the field, the way the Dallas Cowboys hoped he would when they gave the Lions all those draft choices for him and gave him a big contract extension.

Williams, nominally the Cowboys' No. 1 receiver -- or at least in his own mind -- had another crummy day Sunday, with just two catches for 19 yards and a TD in the win over Seattle. What would T.O. do? Blame it on Tony Romo.

"It's just not even close," Williams told ESPN of his chemistry with the Cowboys QB. "It's not even funny. Not even close. I'm the No. 1 receiver. But things are just going No. 2's way." That would be Miles Austin, who has 21 catches for 482 yards and five TDs in three starts. And, ESPN points out, that's better than the 33 catches for 447 yards and three TDs that Williams has in 16 games since the trade.

But it's not just the quantity of passes Austin gets, Williams gripes, it's the quality. "He gets the ball thrown correctly his way," Williams said. "I'm stretching and falling and doing everything. Everybody who's been here's balls are there. Our footballs are everywhere right now."

Do you think, someday, Roy will look back on his time in Detroit as the good old days?

ETAL Link

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

He is T.O light. He couldnt even begin to start the storm that T.O could start becaue T.O actually produced big numbers. Still a non story IMO. It is equivolent to the long snapper complaining that the punter is staring at his ass