[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ethics Question

Stone Cold

Long time lurker here and finally registered. You guys crack me up.

Anyway, my opponent this week hasn't gotten his K for the bye week yet. If he hasn't picked up by tomorrow, I'm considering picking and dropping all the available Ks. They'll go into the waiver pool and be unavailable for all the games, leaving him with no points. It's a bit of a punk move, but I think I'd enjoy doing it even more than seeing him get zero points. And I know I'd enjoy how he'd freak out afterwards. Just thought I'd see what guys who take this a bit more seriously than I do think.

While everyone may believe that all is fair in love, war, and FF, it is not really true for FF.

If I were one of your leaguemates I would look at you differently once you did something like you are suggesting.

And while it looks like it could be fun.......bad idea. In fact you would be saying that later.... "sounded like a good idea at the time".

Long time lurker here and finally registered. You guys crack me up.

Anyway, my opponent this week hasn't gotten his K for the bye week yet. If he hasn't picked up by tomorrow, I'm considering picking and dropping all the available Ks. They'll go into the waiver pool and be unavailable for all the games, leaving him with no points. It's a bit of a punk move, but I think I'd enjoy doing it even more than seeing him get zero points. And I know I'd enjoy how he'd freak out afterwards. Just thought I'd see what guys who take this a bit more seriously than I do think.

not unethical, but a real douchebag move IMO...

We have a certain owner in a certain dynasty both league that has bught up every punter and given them 3 years contracts, he has a total of 9 between active and DTS. Is this considered unethical since if you need 1 you have to go to him and buy 1?

We have a certain owner in a certain dynasty both league that has bught up every punter and given them 3 years contracts, he has a total of 9 between active and DTS. Is this considered unethical since if you need 1 you have to go to him and buy 1?

That is different since he is using a separate roster slot for each of them.

Not the same. Cornering the market of a position is considered a good move... or at least it must be since drafting every RB known to man is the mode of operation for a lot of people here. Not only that...but he paid for them and has them on his roster.

Besides.... serves you right for having punters as part of your roster. :wacko:

Be sure to suggest that he change his sigline to: Unethical Punter Whore.

If you can do this then there is a flaw in how your waiver system works not a flaw in the people.

Amazing how many times I read stuff on these boards about the rules and how they can be manipulated.

I have a simple rule in my leagues that prevents these kind of shenanigans.

If you pick up a player this week you can not waive that player until the following week...problem solved.

Next I think I will look into solving world peace.

I think that is different because he is using his team's resources to do so. No different than holding a ton of QBs. There are only 32 of them and in a 16 team league, once bye weeks hit, someone will need one. He is also not preventing you from getting a punter, just severely limiting your options in doing so.

1) He paid bidding cash to get those punters.

2) He is using both a roster spot and contract years to keep those punters.

WW churning is just moving players around to lock another team out of getting a K or DST for a week. Zero desire to keep any of them. The problem is easily solved by mandating that all WW pickups must remain on your team until the next WW period at least.

REMY HAMILTON

We actually had a guy pick up and drop every free agent kicker in our league as you are describing for the exact same purpose. He did leave one kicker available to his opponent - backup kicker Remy Hamilton - so his opponent could at least field a legal lineup.

The league was so disgusted with this unethical move that we actually sanctioned the owner - dont exactly remember the penalty. Think it was something like no trades for four weeks and no waiver claims for three weeks.

Bush league move.

That is different since he is using a separate roster slot for each of them.

I know just seeing how long it would take before it got noticed :wacko:

Not the same. Cornering the market of a position is considered a good move... or at least it must be since drafting every RB known to man is the mode of operation for a lot of people here. Not only that...but he paid for them and has them on his roster.

Besides.... serves you right for having punters as part of your roster. :D

I agree totally :D

Be sure to suggest that he change his sigline to: Unethical Punter Whore.

+1

I think that is different because he is using his team's resources to do so. No different than holding a ton of QBs. There are only 32 of them and in a 16 team league, once bye weeks hit, someone will need one. He is also not preventing you from getting a punter, just severely limiting your options in doing so.

1) He paid bidding cash to get those punters.

2) He is using both a roster spot and contract years to keep those punters.

WW churning is just moving players around to lock another team out of getting a K or DST for a week. Zero desire to keep any of them. The problem is easily solved by mandating that all WW pickups must remain on your team until the next WW period at least.

See Big Johns response :D

Edited by T_bone65

Ahhh but there are ways around such a purchase. :wacko:

Making that deal put the song from Janes Addiction in my head for some reason.

If you pick up all those kickers, don't you have to drop players to make roster space? And wouldn't your other league teams grab everyone with any talent you dropped? Don't understand this move, and yes, it wouldn't fly in my local. You would not be ask back.

If you pick up all those kickers, don't you have to drop players to make roster space? And wouldn't your other league teams grab everyone with any talent you dropped? Don't understand this move, and yes, it wouldn't fly in my local. You would not be ask back.

He is trying to pick up a kicker, drop him immediately then pickup another kicker and immediately drop him, then repeat until all kickers are used. Then the waiver-wire waiting period would preclude the other owner from picking up any of the just-dropped kickers.

If you can do this then there is a flaw in how your waiver system works not a flaw in the people.

Amazing how many times I read stuff on these boards about the rules and how they can be manipulated.

I have a simple rule in my leagues that prevents these kind of shenanigans.

If you pick up a player this week you can not waive that player until the following week...problem solved.

Next I think I will look into solving world peace.

Yahoo defaults it so that if you pickup a Player and Drop him on the same day.. he goes straight back to FA

Which still allows u to pickup one def a day.. to keep him away from your opponent.. which is 100% fair game. also depending on your waiver period (mine is 1 day.. so max i can keep away from my opponent is 2 players)

But if your system puts them back on Waiver.. then that's not acceptable

Edited by michaelman

Just have it so long as waivers are open, anyone can be picked up or dropped at anytime. Don't see a reason to limit anyone improving their teams whether someone dropped someone you can use, a free agent, or bye week issues. Don't see a need for a week, or 1 day wait times. Answer to question, totally a bs move.