[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo Williams

hooknladder

Thursday's Panthers-Dolphins game was originally billed as a matchup of of the top running backs in football: Ronnie Brown and DeAngelo Williams.

Brown will miss the battle of 4-5 teams, and there is some doubt about Williams' availability.

The Panthers listed DeAngelo (that's a first name only kind of name, right?) as questionable on the injury report after he missed practice again Wednesday. Backup Jonathan Stewart is also listed as questionable, but practiced and should play.

Williams barely practiced last week as well, and still put together an excellent game against Atlanta. So fantasy owners shouldn't freak out too much.

Stewart could have a bigger role than usual, though, after rushing for 82 yards and two scores on only 11 attempts last week.

The winner of Thursday's game has every right to think it could rally for a surprise playoff berth, especially if its Carolina. Only four NFC teams have fewer than four losses.

..............bring on Mike Goodson :wacko:

I can't imagine that the Thursday Night game will be any different than last week or any other week's game, in that it'll be the Williams and Stewart Show. The only concern for Williams' owners is that Stewart will continue to take more time and with him already being the GL runner, he could end up being the better fantasy play just as he was last week.

Edited by irish

I can't imagine that the Thursday Night game will be any different than last week or any other week's game, in that it'll be the Williams and Stewart Show. The only concern for Williams' owners is that Stewart will continue to take more time and with him already being the GL runner, he could end up being the better fantasy play just as he was last week.

Unless you know something I don't I'm not buying that Stewart is the designated GL runner; Fox seemingly substitutes those 2 in an out regardless of the situation.

Unless you know something I don't I'm not buying that Stewart is the designated GL runner; Fox seemingly substitutes those 2 in an out regardless of the situation.

Yeah, I'd probably agree with that. However, I guess the parts of the games that I've caught when the Panthers were nearing the GL, I saw Stewart in there, so I just figured he was more the GL guy. They both have about the same amount of TDs- Williams-7 and Stewart-6. So I guess they are sharing the duty.

Agreed.

Stewart has been on the injury report as questionable the entire season with his Achilles but continues to play, and play well. I need DWill to get me at least 15 points this week though and hopes that he has one of those 30+ games :wacko:

Now that would be nice but against Mia, not sure that will happen... I mean the 30+ games!

Yeah, DeAngelo needs the rock more! I wish Delhomme would hit him with a few dump-off passes rather than gunning it incomplete down the field. . .

the guy has 119 rushing yards and i don't think they've given it to him once in the red zone. but delhomme is 9 of 22 passing, so let's just keep doing that.

I know that Williams and Stewart are different runners but man, you can't even compare their skills. Williams is head and shoulders better than Stewart and should really only be out of the game when he needs a breather. Sure Stewart runs hard between the tackles but so does Williams and he's more shifty, has better vision on top of it and can make something out of nothing. Whereas Stewart isn't as creative it seems and if there isn't much there, it's 2-3 yards and a cloud of dust for him.

I know that Williams and Stewart are different runners but man, you can't even compare their skills. Williams is head and shoulders better than Stewart and should really only be out of the game when he needs a breather. Sure Stewart runs hard between the tackles but so does Williams and he's more shifty, has better vision on top of it and can make something out of nothing. Whereas Stewart isn't as creative it seems and if there isn't much there, it's 2-3 yards and a cloud of dust for him.

As a DWill owner, its frustrating. He has 7 TD's and Stew has 6. If the playcaller on the Panthers didn't have a man crush on Stew then Dwill could possibly have 10 TD's and be the league leader in points once again.

DeAngelo Williams is under-utilized. How good were they last year when he got the bulk of the carries? And this year? Hello?

take away williams' 50-yard run, and that leaves williams and stewart with the same amount of carries:

williams: 12 rushes for 72 yards.

stewart: 12 rushes for 43 yards.

what am i missing here? why does it seem like every time williams gets in a rhythm, i see him running toward the sidelines?