[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo snubbed IMO

Cowboyz1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raw numbers are a small piece of the puzzle, Eli is clutch in the 4th quarter and has bailed his team out over and over this year. He deserves to get in. Honestly, after the elite tier of QBs (Rodgers, Brady, Brees), there is no QB I'd rather have with my team down late in the game. He's done it his whole career, most notably in the SB. All due respect to Rhomo but his track record is quite the opposite and he's had meltdowns as recently as this season. He's also fragile and has no heart and no balls. Whoops, scratch that last sentence.

+1

If Romo comes up small this weekend, you can be assured that the naysayers will be out in full force.

His wittle hand is bwack and bwoo, so he's got a built-in excuse. He's probably got his flight to Cabo booked out of Newark for right after the game.

A deep Q.B. class in the NFC. When Romo, Stafford, Ryan, Vick, and Newton are not voted in, and when some do not even get a mention, and when Cutler and Alex Smith are forgotten entities I have to think we are in a unique time. In a time such as this it is not a snub to be left off the Pro Bowl first team.

Yeah, but its an amazing contrast between the NFC and AFC. In the NFC, you're talking about choosing between 5-10 reasonable candidates. Then in the AFC, its a sad state of affairs when Rivers is considered a pro-bowler with his awful season.

Yeah, but its an amazing contrast between the NFC and AFC. In the NFC, you're talking about choosing between 5-10 reasonable candidates. Then in the AFC, its a sad state of affairs when Rivers is considered a pro-bowler with his awful season.

More amazing still that, as bad a selection as Rivers is, you're actually hard pressed to find anyone much better. I'd go with Dalton, I guess, but he sort of gets bonus points because he's a rookie and that shouldn't be taken into account.

Eli (with several Playoff wins and a SB ring) to the Pro-Bowl over Romo? Personally, I'm OK with this.

One quick stat/comment that usually goes un-noticed for Eli AND Coughlin is they have NEVER won a playoff game other than the SB season. I am a Giants fan, but winning that SB I guess buys these guys a free pass forever. It is funny.

If the Giants lose Sunday Coughlin better be gone. 3 straight non-playoff seasons. 8-8, 10-6, 8-8 the past 3 seasons. And again, in I think 8 years Coughlin has ZERO playoff wins except in the SB season. Same with Eli in his career. Amazing when you think about it.

Edited by giantsfan

One quick stat/comment that usually goes un-noticed for Eli AND Coughlin is they have NEVER won a playoff game other than the SB season. I am a Giants fan, but winning that SB I guess buys these guys a free pass forever. It is funny.

If the Giants lose Sunday Coughlin better be gone. 3 straight non-playoff seasons. 8-8, 10-6, 8-8 the past 3 seasons. And again, in I think 8 years Coughlin has ZERO playoff wins except in the SB season. Same with Eli in his career. Amazing when you think about it.

Yep...one ring will get you the cred.

Yep...one ring will get you the cred.

I agree, and as a Giant fan I think it is a joke. At some point you have to do SOMETHING else to be considered untouchable. The free pass Coughlin and especially Eli get in NY is over the top. All these years and ZERO playoff wins except for 1 magical run.

If they lose Sunday 3 straight non-playoff seasons and Coughlin BETTER be gone, and Eli better be on the hot seat.

+1

If Romo comes up small this weekend, you can be assured that the naysayers will be out in full force.

totally agree with you here. There is a lot on the line Sunday night. More then just the division for JG and Romo. If Romo plays his way to a win it will go along way for his perception. If he loses and plays poorly it will do A LOT of damage.

I agree, and as a Giant fan I think it is a joke. At some point you have to do SOMETHING else to be considered untouchable. The free pass Coughlin and especially Eli get in NY is over the top. All these years and ZERO playoff wins except for 1 magical run.

I'm with you up to a point...I've been pretty bitter at the end of the last 3 seasons, but the one before that will be something I'll never forget. That one "magical run" is something a lot of fans have never witnessed their team accomplish. I'm 40, there are 32 NFL teams and I've seen my team win 3 trophies.

You can talk about the NY fans giving Coughlin and Eli a free pass all you want, but there are plenty who call for Coughlin's head as if there is no risk in asking Eli to learn a completely new system at this point in his career. I'm guessing such people are also Yankee fans and thus believe a championship every season is their birthright.

That said, if they lose on Sunday (or maybe even the Sunday after), it may be time for Coughlin to go. He's getting pretty damn old and doesn't have many years left. Let's not kid ourselves though and assume the next regime is going to step in and have instant success, I don't care who it is.

I'm with you up to a point...I've been pretty bitter at the end of the last 3 seasons, but the one before that will be something I'll never forget. That one "magical run" is something a lot of fans have never witnessed their team accomplish. I'm 40, there are 32 NFL teams and I've seen my team win 3 trophies.

You can talk about the NY fans giving Coughlin and Eli a free pass all you want, but there are plenty who call for Coughlin's head as if there is no risk in asking Eli to learn a completely new system at this point in his career. I'm guessing such people are also Yankee fans and thus believe a championship every season is their birthright.

That said, if they lose on Sunday (or maybe even the Sunday after), it may be time for Coughlin to go. He's getting pretty damn old and doesn't have many years left. Let's not kid ourselves though and assume the next regime is going to step in and have instant success, I don't care who it is.

The bolded part came to my mind as a fan of teams in a city with ZERO pro sports championships in 45 plus years (I've lived here for almost 30). Sure the Dodgers and Lakers were good when I was a kid in LA, but I wasn't as big a sports nut then.

For all the what have you done for me lately(NYG, DAL), or you haven't won us a title (Eagles, Chargers) at least these teams are in the hunt most of the time or have been very successful at some point. Think about the fans in places that haven't had anything in years (CLE is at the bottom there).

I agree. The grass isn't always greener. Maybe instead of going 8-8 and missing the playoffs we go 5-11 and miss the playoffs. Certainly possible.

But my simple question is how many years does ONE run earn you a free pass for? 20? I mean Eli and Coughlin have NEVER EVER NEVER won a playoff game in ANY other season except the SB season. Now if they lose Sunday they will have 3 straight non-playoff seasons. I mean how many free years do they get?

I also will say at day's end Coughlin did a solid job here. But he is 65, and if they miss again this year I will simply say it is time for a new voice. I don't think that is terrible or a knock on Coughlin. I just think it is time.

Me personally, I think unless they win a playoff game for the first time EVER under Coughlin outside of that 1 season he should be gone, BUT I know how the Giants operate, and if they get in Coughlin is 100% back next season. Heck...even if they lose Sunday I think best case it is 50/50 he is gone, and you could even say 75% he is back next season, which I think would be a joke.

So I will not knock Coughlin. I will simply say it is time IMO. Time for a new voice to lead this team. And sure it is a risk that 8-8 could become 5-11, but I take that risk, and look at the positive side that maybe 8-8 can become 12-4.

I agree. The grass isn't always greener. Maybe instead of going 8-8 and missing the playoffs we go 5-11 and miss the playoffs. Certainly possible.

But my simple question is how many years does ONE run earn you a free pass for? 20? I mean Eli and Coughlin have NEVER EVER NEVER won a playoff game in ANY other season except the SB season. Now if they lose Sunday they will have 3 straight non-playoff seasons. I mean how many free years do they get?

I also will say at day's end Coughlin did a solid job here. But he is 65, and if they miss again this year I will simply say it is time for a new voice. I don't think that is terrible or a knock on Coughlin. I just think it is time.

Me personally, I think unless they win a playoff game for the first time EVER under Coughlin outside of that 1 season he should be gone, BUT I know how the Giants operate, and if they get in Coughlin is 100% back next season. Heck...even if they lose Sunday I think best case it is 50/50 he is gone, and you could even say 75% he is back next season, which I think would be a joke.

So I will not knock Coughlin. I will simply say it is time IMO. Time for a new voice to lead this team. And sure it is a risk that 8-8 could become 5-11, but I take that risk, and look at the positive side that maybe 8-8 can become 12-4.

Maybe at 5-11 they could finally draft a decent effing MLB. :wacko:

The bolded part came to my mind as a fan of teams in a city with ZERO pro sports championships in 45 plus years (I've lived here for almost 30). Sure the Dodgers and Lakers were good when I was a kid in LA, but I wasn't as big a sports nut then.

For all the what have you done for me lately(NYG, DAL), or you haven't won us a title (Eagles, Chargers) at least these teams are in the hunt most of the time or have been very successful at some point. Think about the fans in places that haven't had anything in years (CLE is at the bottom there).

Often when Red Zone is showing a Browns home game I think to myself, wow, there are people in the stadium. I've got to believe that being a Browns fan must build character if nothing else.

Be patient...the Browns are now in year 45 of their 50 year rebuilding plan.