[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Terrell Owens' Darkest Days

kpholmes

"I'm not asking to be rich. I'm just trying to be financially stable. I just want to be stable. That's any average American that's working hard for their money. I'm trying to get myself back to a situation where I don't have to be stressed out at night, worrying what my mom is thinking or my kids."

link

Somehow, even after $66 million, T.O. is broke

Terrell Owens has pocketed more than $66 million in salary as a professional football player. (US Presswire)

His first contract with the 49ers as a rookie back in 1996 was worth $840,000 over three years. The big money started in 1999, when Terrell Owens got a $7.5 million signing bonus as part of a five-year, $25.6 million contract.

A renegotiation in 2000 brought another $2.387 million in guaranteed signing bonus money and another renegotiation in 2001 brought T.O. another $3.29 million in cold, hard cash.

Owens arrived in Philly on March 1, 2004, and pocketed $2.3 million as part of a seven-year deal originally worth $48.7 million.

Then came big deals with the Cowboys in 2006 ($5 million guaranteed) and 2008 ($12.9 million guaranteed), the Bills in 2009 ($4 million guaranteed) and Bengals ($500,000 guaranteed.

Add it all up, and Owens has pocketed $37.9 million since 1999 just in signing bonuses from the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills and Bengals.

Now let’s add up his base salaries – ranging from $152,000 in 1996 with the 49ers to $5 million with the Cowboys in 2006. In all, in Owens’ 15 NFL seasons, he earned another $28.15 million in base salary.

So not including incentive bonuses, Owens has earned roughly $66 million playing professional football. In addition to whatever he earned from his TV reality show, book and other off-the-field endeavors.

And he’s broke.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'd really love to see a list of the things these guys spend their money on. You'd think somewhere along the line, you could take at least $1 Million and store it away for retirement.

Bitches

Ho's

Bitches & Ho's

Homies

Keeping it Real

Drugs

Kicks

Cars

Jewelry

Alimony

Child Support

Really keeping it Real

Ho's & Bitches

Bail

Attorney's Fees

• Like 1

I'd like to see him standing on a street corner somewhere, wearing dirty overalls, charging passersby 50 cents to say "I love me some me" or "Get your popcorn ready".

Changing the subject slightly, I'm curious, how do his stats measure up for the HoF? I'm guessing he'll get in, though hopefully not on the first ballot after he's acted like a raging sack of monkey testicles for most of his career.

Perhaps he could do a one man show, off Broadway at first, demonstrating his creativity and dancing prowess, reprising his endzone dances. Some folks like to argue that these displays have independant entertainment value that folks love to see, so I assume they would pony up their dollars to attend. Me, I'd rather spend that entertainment dollar suporting local high school football or tipping a buxom waitress, but to each their own.

I'd like to see him standing on a street corner somewhere, wearing dirty overalls, charging passersby 50 cents to say "I love me some me" or "Get your popcorn ready".

Changing the subject slightly, I'm curious, how do his stats measure up for the HoF? I'm guessing he'll get in, though hopefully not on the first ballot after he's acted like a raging sack of monkey testicles for most of his career.

6th all-time in catches, 2nd in yds, 2nd in rec tds, 4th in total tds. 5-time All-Pro.

It's a HoF resume - his personality would be the only thing keeping him out, because when he was on the field, he produced.

The very best thing about having a TO off broadway review would be that we could take our wives or girl friends (just not at the same time) to see it, and they could teach all of we knuckledraggers how to appreciate TO's finesse and aplomb with heightened sensitivity. Then we could all watch NFL games and fully experience the grace of the truly fun part of the game of football - the WR dance after a TD.

:tup:

Edited by Bronco Billy

The very best thing about having a TO off broadway review would be that we could take our wives or girl friends (just not at the same time) to see it, and they could teach all of we knuckledraggers how to appreciate TO's finesse and aplomb with heightened sensitivity. Then we could all watch NFL games and fully experience the grace of the truly fun part of the game of football - the WR dance after a TD.

:tup:

One day I hope to be sensitive enough to appreciate the first down designation celebration by a guy whose team tails by 21 with 11 seconds left on the clock. Hells yeah dude that was a big first down! It's all about your creativity dude! Entertain me!

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

6th all-time in catches, 2nd in yds, 2nd in rec tds, 4th in total tds. 5-time All-Pro.

It's a HoF resume - his personality would be the only thing keeping him out, because when he was on the field, he produced.

Thanks for the research, lock hall of fame numbers for sure. No way he doesn't get in unless he's convicted of something egregious IMO. I do think all the shenanigans warrant him waiting a year after the first ballot at the very least though.

Unfortunately, he is obviously a person with deep seeded inner problems. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to read one day that he has taken his own life. I hope that is not the case, but with the things that have transpired in his past and his own direct comments, I could definitely see it.

Unfortunately, he is obviously a person with deep seeded inner problems. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to read one day that he has taken his own life. I hope that is not the case, but with the things that have transpired in his past and his own direct comments, I could definitely see it.

Sad, but very true.

The guy has had one heck of a messed up life.

• 2 weeks later...